Status: 4 of 4

Shots

Night night

“Gooey gooey cheesy cheesy pizzaaaa,” Cassie sung as she took another bite. This was the second half of her slice. Normally, she could eat 2 slices but when she’s really hungry she could go for 3.

We’re seated by the window of the restaurant because Cassie love watching people walk by. Patrick is sitting beside her. He ordered a salad with grilled chicken. While I had Martin beside me who was eating half of the baby food I packed for him, it was banana flavor, his favorite. I ordered spaghetti and meat balls.

“You did very well back there Princess,” Patrick praised her again. “Mommy thought you’re gonna give her a hard time.”

“No, I didn’t,” I protested glaring at Patrick, who gave me a smug smile.

Cassie giggled at us and placed her pizza down. “Because Marty was there,” she said.

We both looked at her, dubious.

She giggled once more and said, “’Cus I’m a big sister.”

Ohh..

Comprehension was clear on both of our faces.

“So you wanted to show Marty it’s not scary to get shots?” I clarified.

“Mh-hm,” she nodded. “I’m a big sister,” she beamed at me.

“Of course you are, my Princess.” Patrick picked Cassie from her seat and placed her in his lap. “The bestest big sister Martin can ever have.”

I wanted to correct Patrick about the word ‘bestest’ but I held my tongue.

“You know,” I said as casually as I could, “I think, big sisters finish their food.”

“But I don’t wanna eat anymore,” she pouted.

I looked at Patrick, the word ‘help’ clear on my face.

Patrick took the cue and whispered in my daughter’s ear while she played with his salad. I don’t know what he said but Cassie giggled and giggled, making Martin giggle too. Then she nodded her head and picked up her pizza. I gave Patrick a curious look, asking for what he said, but he shook his head.

Cassie finished her pizza, Martin finished his baby food while Patrick ate half of my spaghetti. We happily left the restaurant and headed to the grocery for some supplies. Patrick rushed off to the frozen aisle section, Cassie in tow, while Martin and I headed to the veggie stalls.

After picking out some potatoes, sweet potatoes and peas, I also took some kiwis, apples, berries and bananas. We were headed to the pet supplies section when I spotted Cassie and Patrick picking out candies. Patrick has two bag tucked in his arms while Cassie points to something beyond her reached.

“Ehem,” I coughed indiscreetly.

Cassie and Patrick froze midway. They both had the wide gazes and parted lips of shock.

“So this is what you told her?”

“It’s not what it looks like,” Patrick mumbled while continuously pulls on his shirt.

“Uh-huh,” I nodded to the bags tucked in his arms.

“Daddy,” Cassie hushed. “We need that one,” she pointed to the top shelf.

“Cassandra,” I warned her.

“Gabby,” Patrick whined. Cassie chimed in with a whine and a pout too.

“No, Patrick,” I said firmly, “You know why I don’t feed her sweets often.”

“I do, but this is just one time,” he said.

“You said that the last time,” I glared at him.

“I promise, I’ll keep an eye on her,” he said.

“But Rick…”

“Cassie,” Patrick called, “promise to Mommy you won’t eat it all.”

Cassie looked at Patrick then to me. She was a little unsure but Patrick gave a nod.

“Okay,” she huffed. “I pinky promise not to eat all the candies.” Then she held out her little pinky.

I maneuvered Martin and went down to her level so I could twine my pinky with her.

“You have to promise too,” I said to Patrick.

He joined us and twined his pinky finger too.

“Pinky promise,” the three of us chorused.

After our grocery, my family went in motion. Patrick got the bags in while Cassie headed upstairs to change her shirt just like I told her. I joined her upstairs to freshen up my baby boy too.

Then she went down to hunt Patrick for their play day. I wasn’t sure if they were at the studio or out back but I know Patrick would keep her company until dinner.

I placed Martin in his little seat and placed it on the island so I could watch him while I tidy the groceries. Then it was time to cook. I decided on a lighter meal of grilled burgers. I know I’ve made some patties two days ago, which should still be perfect. Instead of buns, I took out the whole wheat bread we had this morning.

I played with Martin while I shape the patties and cut up some carrots and beans for a stir fry. I made goofy faces and occasionally blubber some sounds to him while he squeals back.

As I was grilling and stir frying, Pepper came rushing into the kitchen, ran around the island and went out again. This dog is way too energetic for her own good. She was followed by a walking fedora. The fedora stopped by the fridge and got a juice box.

“Ehem,” I inconspicuously coughed eyeing the said fedora.

It giggled and huddled lower so I couldn’t see it. As it neared the kitchen exit, I made a mad dash and caught the fedora.

“Aha!” I said.

Cassie looked up at me and giggled. “Hi mommy,” she smiled sweetly.

“What did I say about juice boxes before dinner?”

“Uhhmm…”, she looked anywhere but me.

I reached out me hand waiting for her to hand over the juice box.

“But it’s not mine,” she said, shaking her head. “It’s Daddy’s.”

“Why don’t Daddy just go here and get his own?”

“’Cus he’s doing stuff,” she whispered.

“What stuff?”

“It’s a secret.” She whispered, then placed her index finger between her lips making the ‘hush’ gesture.

What could Patrick be doing now?

“Secret or not, give me the juice box.” I said, arching an eyebrow.

She reluctantly handed it over and I gave back the fedora.

“Tell you father dinner’s in ten.”

During dinner Patrick was quiet - not so much that I would think he’s hiding something. Cassie was her normal self – eating most of the food I placed on her plate and occasionally dropping some on the floor for Pepper while my baby boy is loving the puree I made for him.

After dinner, I had Martin cradled against me while Patrick cleaned up. Cassie helped him by bringing some of the dishes to the sink. Then she asked if she could watch TV and I agreed. Now there was a quiet hum coming from the living room and Patrick is meticulously washing the dishes.

“I know you’re up to something,” I said eyeing him.

Martin’s still energetic against me – waving his arms around and sucking each fist alternatively.

“What?” he turned to me. “I’m not up to anything.”

“Really?” I asked as I moved closer, my eyes narrowing.

“I’m not, I promise.” He dropped the plate he was currently washing to raise his hand. “Cross my heart,” then he crossed over his heart.

“I’m watching you Stumph,” I said as I exit the room.

Martin and I joined Cassie in the living room. She was gushing on how charming Snow White’s prince is but Martin wasn’t interested – he kept on pulling at my clothes, sometimes my hair. So I took him to the nursery.

We sat at the corner rocking chair. I left The Lorax on top of the corner table last night so I decided to read to him before I give him a bath. As I read to him, I reflected on the today’s events. Cassie is growing up so fast. She knows how important being a role model to her baby brother is. She also has a lot to say now and more curious than ever. I wish I could stop it just for a little while longer.

Knock knock

Patrick was at the door, peering in.

“You done?” I asked.

“Yeah, want me to get him?” he said.

“Nah, we’re good.” I said smiling back.

“Okay,” he said, “I’ll be with Cassie.”

Then he disappeared, leaving me with my nostalgic thoughts and a suddenly sleepy baby.

After cleaning him up and changing him into his cowboy onesies, my baby boy is ready to dream. I rocked him a little more in my arms while humming a tune I heard Patrick made once and before you know it I have a very peaceful sleeping baby in my arms.

“Good night my precious baby,” I whispered as I lay him in his crib.

I kissed him one more time before I made my leave, making sure the baby monitor, the mobile on top of the crib and the night light is on.

In our room, I heard a squeal of delight and a throaty laugh coming from our bathroom. Patrick must be giving Cassie her bath. I decided to leave them with it and check downstairs if everything is good.

As a routine, I checked the doors and windows. Pepper is snug in her bed at the corner of the living room. I placed a bowl of water for her by the kitchen sink, just in case. Then I picked up Cassie’s toys, placed them in the basket and put that under the table next to our stairs. I also checked that everything that is needed to be unplugged is unplugged. And finally, I got two glasses of milk, heat it in the microwave for a few seconds and carried up the stairs. The two of them must be ready by now.

I was right. Patrick already had Cassie tucked in bed, when I checked on them. I went in to say good night to her.

“Hi guys,” I said, sitting beside Patrick.

They both smiled at me.

“Thank you so much for being very brave today sweetie,” I said petting the top of her head.

“It’s nothing mommy,” she said, “It’s just because I’m a big sister and that’s what big sisters do.”

“Yes, you are sweetie. The best big sister ever,” I said.

“And our princess,” Patrick chimed in.

Patrick sang to her a little lullaby. She hummed with him in some of the parts, but mostly she just bobbed her head while I continue to pat her. Finally she yawned a couple of times then she was asleep.

“I’ll never get tired of watching her fall asleep,” said Patrick. He kissed the top of her head, tucked Mr. Sunggles next to her.

At the door Patrick said he’s check on Martin. I said okay and went to our room to freshen up before bed. I grabbed one of Patrick’s shirt and a pair of undies before heading to the bathroom. I was about to open the door when Patrick came in and told me to wait for him. This wasn’t unusual thing since the only time we have for ourselves is when the kids are asleep.

He got himself a pair of PJs and some underwear too.

I raised an eyebrow at him asking if he’s good. He nodded in response.

I stepped in and my jaw fell. Our bathroom had transformed.

The bath tub was surrounded with candles in different colors and sizes. They were scented because the smell of jasmine hung in the air. Plus, the tub has rose petals. Where Patrick got those, I don’t even know. There was also a variety of oils and scrubs near the faucet. And lastly, a bowl of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and white bite size Hershey bars at the foot of the tub.

“So?” Patrick asked coming in behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Patrick, I,” I turned back to him. “Wow.”

He chuckled at my speechlessness. “It’s okay. I thought you deserve a break from taking care of the kids so here,” he shrugged.

“Thank you babe,” I smiled up at him. “Thank you so much,” I said kissing him.

The arms around me got tighter and the kiss got deeper. By the time we’re out of breath Patrick pulled away.

“I have one more surprise for you,” he said.

“Oh really?” I asked.

Patrick pulled away and leaned over the tub. He turned on the water, then picked up one of the bottles on display. He poured one after the other – a total of four bottles. The lather started to rise, a few minutes more the tub with rose petals turned in to a huge bubble tub.

“Bubbles!” I squeaked. I kind of jumped in excitement at seeing this many bubbles.

He laughed at my reaction and said, “Cassie said there should be bubbles.”

“So now you’re getting ideas from our daughter,” I teased him.

“Well… the bubbles was her idea but everything else was on me,” he defended.

“Whatever you say Patrick.” I walked past him and started taking my clothes of. This bubble bath looks too good to resist soaking in it any longer.

Settling myself in, I asked, “Are you getting in or not?”

Patrick took off his clothes as fast as he could but instead on sitting beside me, he made me scoot forward so he could sit behind me. His arms snaked around my waist under water pressing my back against him.

“So what now?” I asked.

“We could eat the chocolates I got,” he said running his nose up the side of my face, “or we could,” then he pressed himself against my behind making me giggled.

“Hmm, you or chocolates?” I said contemplating. “Though choice,” I said.

This time he started kissing my neck, alternatively suck under my ear. His hands sliding up and down my body.

I abruptly stopped his hands and leaned away from him. He was about to argue but I stopped him by turning around to face him. The water splashed some of the candles putting out the flame.

I looked him in the eyes and said, “I choose you.” I leaned in to kiss him and said again. “You, always you.”

He cradled my face giving in to the kiss, then he broke it and said, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I said.

I settled into his arms as he poured out his love for me in a kiss. Then it was just him, me and the bubbles – for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! Yeah, it a bit long but my imagination ran super wild so I had this but I couldn't post it as fast as I could cus my profs are rushing me to come up with ideas and I'm running out of it. So I was basically stressed out. And life happened to me so, I was out for a while. How about you guys? Whats happening? :)

Thank you so much for reading this little fic of mine. It means so much to me. And if you'd like to read more I have this one. Its slow but we'll get there I promise. :)