You're My Cure

Chapter 1

Kellin's P.O.V.

I was your typical teenager. I wasn't the most popular guy in high school, but I still had so many friends that I could count on. Everybody loved me and accepted me just the way I was. I felt lucky to be in a school where they didn't care if you were gay. Never ever bullied me for loving boys instead of girls and I was very grateful about that. After I came out of the closet, nobody acted differently towards me. I was still the same old and funny Kellin Quinn to them. My friends even made some jokes saying they now had less competition to find themselves the perfect girl. They would try to find the perfect guy for me like the great friends they were.

Girls loved me because I was part of the swimming team and because I had the body that came with it. I was very aware that I was good looking and that I was an excellent athlete. I probably was the best member of the whole team. I won so many competitions and was the pride of our school. There wasn't a day where I didn't go swimming. I was in a program that allowed me to spend at least an hour per day in the pool. Being in the water was the place where I felt the most secure. It was like second home to me. I knew I was meant to be a swimmer the very first time my mother brought me to that pool near our house. I must have been a fish in another life.

There was something even better about being on the swimming team. When I was 14, a new student arrived at our school and made it in the team. His name was Vic and he was the most beautiful guy that I have ever laid my eyes on. He was very attractive and I sure was going to get know him better. Vic and I rapidly became great friends. We had the same kind of humor and he was such an adorable human being with a remarkable personnality. I also developped a massive crush on him. How couldn't I? He was perfect in every single way. He was a very talented swimmer, attractive, funny, intelligent, etc. I just wanted to make him mine but I didn't know if he was gay or not. He knew I was since it wasn't the best kept secret.

I got my answer when he invited me to his house once so we could work on a project. I didn't expect this to happen that night. We were sitting on his bed and he admitted to me that he was gay and that he had a massive crush on me. He said that he would understand if I didn't love him back. I could not believe that Vic Fuentes had a crush on me and that I wasn't the only one to feel that way. We shared our first kiss that night and it was magical. Vic was now my boyfriend, just like I have dreamed about it so many times before. From that moment, I knew that Vic was the right guy from me. I knew that this was just the beginning of something bigger and amazing.

Vic and I were inseperable. We were always together, doing everything together. We rapidly became the most popular and cutest couple of the whole school. We surely looked perfect together. Everyone was so respectful so Vic and I weren't afraid to kiss or hug at school. We didn't have to fear that someone would beat us for being gay. Everything was simply perfect. Vic was my perfect guy, the boy of my dreams. I loved him more than anything else in the world and I could picture how awesome our future together would be.

Even though we had some little fights, Vic and I always came out of them stronger than we were. We weren't the type of guys to break up over a little disagreement. We always talked about it and we never stayed angry at each other for a very long period of time. Vic and I were each other's first for so many things. I gave him my virginity and he gave me his. It was a night that I wasn't going to forget. It was magic and perfect. We gave each other the most precious things that we had. He was the only person in the world that I wanted to have those parts of me. He meant the world to me and I wanted to show him in every single way possible.

When we finished high school, Vic and I decided to move together since we were both going to the same college. Vic was going to study Art while I was going to study Chemistry. Even though I adored swimming, I didn't want my whole life to be about it. I didn't want to make it a career and make a living out of it. I wanted to keep it as a passion, something that made me feel incredible and free. It was the same thing for Vic. We had other interests. Even though we would never go to the Olympic Games, we were never going to say goodbye to swimming. It was a big part of us that was going to follow us forever.

Vic and I have been living together for two years and everything was beyond perfect. We were twenty years old and we were certain that we would spend the rest of our lives together. We barely ever fought and we were still madly in love with each other. Everytime we would kiss, I would feel those butterflies errupt from my stomach. I wished that feeling would never disappear. At school, everything was fine. Vic and I both had amazing grades and were very happy with our classes. Vic was such a talented artist. He was so talented that he started selling his art for a big sum of money. I was proud of my baby. As for me, I was on the way of becoming an excellent chemist, who I wished, would changed the world someday.

One night, I decided to surprise Vic. It was our sixth anniversary. Vic and I had been together for 6 years and I knew there were so many more years to come. While he was in class, I decided to decorate our appartment for the occasion. I built us a fort with blankets and cushions. It was one of Vic's and I favorite thing to do. I even cooked Vic's favorite meal: lasagna. I wanted everything to be perfect, I wanted it to be a night to remember. I decorated the rest of the appartment with beautiful candles and petals. I had a huge romantic side and I was using it for good use. Everything was ready, the only element missing for this night to be amazing was Vic.

But the night didn't turn out the way I expected it to. When Vic came home that night, he didn't look okay. He was crying and seemed pretty nervous. When I went to kiss him, he pushed me away. He rejected me and it actually hurt. That wasn't the worst pain of the night. Vic took a deep breath before saying those words that cut like knives. That night, Vic Fuentes broke up with me saying that he didn't feel the spark anymore. He asked me to pack up my things and to move away. That night, he put an end to a 6 years long relationship. That night, Vic not only broke my heart, he broke everything of me. It was the last time that I saw him.

I didn't have anywhere to go so I was forced to move back with my mother who was very supportive. She said that I could stay as long as I needed and that she was there for me. I felt so empty and dead. I didn't want to feel a thing anymore, I didn't want to do anything anymore. I dropped out of college. I wasn't motivated anymore, I could not picture my future without Vic by my side. I spent my days home doing absolutely nothing. My mother tried to cheer me up and encouraged me to at least find a job, but I wouldn't listen.

I fell into a deep depression. I wasn't myself anymore. I was crying all the time, having so many suicidal thoughts. The only way I found to fight the urges to kill myself was to drink. I rapidly became a huge alcoholic. Everything, I would drink until I would pass out. I would either go in some bars or buy some alcohol and drink in my bedroom. My mother was very worried about me, but she could not stop me. I was an adult and perfectly capable of taking decisions. It was my life, an horrible and depressed life. There wasn't a day that went by where I didn't think about Vic. I tried to contact him so many times but he never replied to my texts or answered to any of my calls. He was done with me, I was in the past. But him, he would never be in my past.

I was now 25. 5 years passed since Vic broke up with me and I wasn't feeling any better. The few friends I had all gave up on me. They said that I should get over him and that I was losing my time being sad over a guy who didn't want me anymore. When they noticed that I wasn't getting any better, they left. They left just like Vic did. The only person I had left was my mother who was even starting to get impatient with me. And I could understand. Who would like a big fat loser as their son?

At the age of 25, I was still living with my mother. I had no job and wasn't on the way to find one. I never went back to College and wasn't intending to. I was still a depressed guy struggling with alcohol problems. Alcohol was my best friend, the only thing that wasn't judging me that was actually making me feel a little bit better for a couple of hours. Vodka, beer, wine, rhum...I loved them all. I loved what they could do to me, how they would allow me to forget about Vic for a short period of time. The pain would come back the next morning and I would start drinking again to forget about it all and over again. This was what my life looked now. Many people at the age of 25 already have jobs, families and more. Me...I had nothing.

Tonight would be different. For the first time in years, I had somewhere else to be. I was ordered to take part of a group support for alcholic young men. It wasn't my idea to go there, I didn't want help. I was forced to go after I got arrested for driving while I was more than drunk. I had an accident and almost killed a woman. I had two choices: go to jail for a few months or take part of that group support and do some community services. I picked option two even though I would not be allowed to drink anymore. I was bright enough to figure some ways to keep drinking without the authorities knowing about it.

I went up the stairs of that old building until the very last floor. I wondered how many men were going to be in there. I hoped that I wasn't going to be the youngest one. I didn't want to look like the loser young men who ruined his life. Even though we would all have the same problem, I was scared that I would be judged. When I reached the last floor, I was met with a big door on which there was a paper signaling that this is where the meeting was held. I took a deep breath before I opened the door.

There were already many men in there, maybe twelve of them. I scanned the room and they all seemed pretty old. I looked at every single one of them, trying to figure out what brought them in here. Then, my eyes felt on that boy. He was so familiar to me and seeing him again broke my heart all and over again. When I thought that I would never see him again, life put me on his path again. After 5 long years of being depressed over him, he was in the same room as me. He still looked the same, he was still as handsome as I remembered him to be, only his hair were a little longer now. What was he doing here? What was Vic Fuentes doing at a meeting for people doing with alcohol dependence?