You're My Cure

Chapter 12

I was missing my mother. Even though things were absolutely perfect with Vic, I did miss her. I used to have her around everyday and not go a day without seeing her. A week passed since Vic and I moved together and I really wanted to see my mother. I didn't think that it would be that hard to move from her house. I thought it would be awesome since I was going to be with Vic all the time. It sure was incredible to live with Vic and to have him by my side everyday. We didn't argue yet and things were only going for the best. It was the best thing to fall asleep next to him and to wake up with a morning kiss. It was amazing to just watch some shows or movies with him. I loved my new life and I would not have traded it for anything else in the world. I just missed my mother and it felt weird to be away from her. I must have called her every night since I moved with Vic. I really was mommy's boy. But I loved my mom. She was an amazing woman, the best mother in the entire world. And she was all mine, forever.

Since Vic had something to do with his old friends tonight, I decided to take my mother out. I knew how she loved sushis, so I decided that we would go eat to some fancy restaurant where they sell them together. It was the great thing about finally having money, thanks to my job. I was finally able to pay for people and offer them some stuff. After everything that my mother did for me in twenty-five years, she sure deserved that I take her out to eat one of her favorite meal in the entire world. She handled me at my worst and never gave up on me. That was the least she deserved. I would have given the moon if it had been humanly possible. My mother was very happy about my proposition, though she insisted that she could pay for her meal. I so wasn't going to let her to, but I didn't feel like arguing with her over the phone. I could not wait to see her. It was going to be a great night for the both of us. One of my favorite persons in the world was out doing I don't know what so I was going to spend an amazing night with one of my other favorite persons in the world.

My mother and I met at the restaurant at 7PM. I was smart enough to make a reservation since I knew that this restaurant was very popular and that it was pratically impossible to eat there without a reservation. Lot of people ate there, mostly on Friday. There were reasons why this was the most popular and fantastic restaurant in town to eat some sushis and other japaneese meals. When I got to the restaurant, my mother was already there. She looked absolutely beautiful. She was wearing a beautiful black dress with some high heels that made her taller than me. I got my looks for her, like mother like son. I gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek before we entered the restaurant where we were going to have an amazing time together. This was one of the first times that my mother and I actually went somewhere together other than some cheap restaurants like McDonald. It was new and I loved it. Who wouldn't love spending quality time with their mother? I gave my name to the waitress and she led my mother and I to our table. The waitress handed us the menus and said she would be back in a few to take our orders. I already knew what I was going to take. Not being a big fan of sushis, I always ate the same thing so I was certain that I would love it.

''So, how are things going with Vic?'' My mother asked happily as she kept looking at her menu.

''Things are going fine. I'm very very happy with him. We never argue, well we didn't yet. He is very caring and I love him very much. I know that he hurt me in the past, but he's the right guy for me. He's my one true love,'' I answered.

''Seeing you happy makes me happy as well. You are yourself again. You are smiling again, you are laughing again. I can finally see your eyes shine again. Vic brought back the old you, the real you. As your mother, knowing that you are feeling great again is the best gift that life could ever give me,'' she added.

''I'm feeling like myself again. I really am feeling better. I love you mom,'' I said.

We kept talking until the waitress came back to take our orders. My mother ordered so many things. She ordered 1 wong-tong soup, 5 pieces of shrimp makis, 5 pieces of salmon makis, 2 tuna nigris, 4 egg rolls and 6 pieces of crab hosomakis. As for me, I simply ordered 6 pieces of avocado hosomakis, 5 pieces of tuna makis and 4 egg rolls. I didn't understand how my mother could eat so much and yet, remain so skinny. I was like her. I wasn't the type of guy to gain weigh easily. Though, I ate less than my mother. She could be a real pig when she started. Once, she cooked some tacos and she ate 8 of them while I ate only 3. And she didn't even feel sick after that. She even ate some sugar pie later that night and was still hungry after that. I didn't want to imagine how she would look if she was pregnant, it sure would be pretty horrible. She would probably end up eating an entire elephant, or two. Maybe three, who could tell?

The night went by very quickly. It was great spending time with my mother, finally talking about other stuff than my depression and my alcoholic issues. We were able to talk about our jobs, our love lives, etc. My mother told me that she might have met someone but that she wanted to wait before really giving some of her time to make the relationship work. She said she wanted to make sure I was okay first because I would always come first in her life. She deserved to be happy so I told her to go ahead. She deserved to have a man in her life that would treat her like a princess. She deserved to have someone by her side who would love her unconditionnaly. She deserved to have her own Vic Fuentes, she deserved all the love in the world. I wished nothing but the best for my mother. I hoped that this man would be a better man that my father. I hoped that this man would prove my mother than love truly exists if you find the right soul for you.

The clocked ticked 10 and I could see that my mother was a little tired. We decided to call it a night, an amazing night. I went to the bathroom and warned my mother not to pay for anything. She wasn't very happy about it, but she agreed. This was her night, there was no way I was going to let her spend a single dollar. I made it quick as soon as I could in the bathroom because it smelled terrible. Some men can't handle fish I figured. When I came back in the main room of the restaurant, many people were standing and panicking. I didn't know what was happening. I was gone for two minutes and it was enough for something to happen. As I got closer to my table, I realized what was happening. My heart broke when I saw my mother laying on the floor, totally unconscious. I pinched myself, I had to wake up. This couldn't be real. Unfortunately, it was. My mother wasn't moving at all, she looked dead. Her face was all in pain, she didn't look peaceful at all. Her smile was gone. I started crying and collapsed on my knees. Why was this happening? Did life really hate me? I couldn't lose my mother, I just couldn't. A few minutes later, she was taken away by the paramedics. I wanted to follow them, but I couldn't. I was too weak, too shocked. My mother was taken to the hospital, and I didn't know if she would be okay.

''It seems like she had a heart attack,'' I heard a man say.

A heart attack. My mother had a heart attack. She was just fine two minutes earlier. She was smiling and laughing. Two minutes was all it took to maybe kill her. Two minutes was all it took to maybe take her away from me forever. This couldn't be happening. I needed to go to the hospital, but I just couldn't do it on my own. I had to find Vic, I had to go back home and find Vic. I needed him more than ever right now. He promised me that I would be there in my lowest times, now was the right time to keep his promise. I stood up and ran out of the restaurant as fast as I could. Our appartment wasn't too far away from the restaurant. I tried to call Vic while getting there, but he didn't answer. I hoped that he was home and that he was either sleeping or in the shower. I just really hoped that he was home and he would come to the hospital with me. I really needed him in this horrible nightmare. I needed his shoulder to cry on, I needed his arms to comfort me, I needed his lips to make me feel better. I needed all of me. I needed him to tell me that my mother would be okay, that she would make it.

I reached the appartment building a few minutes later and climbed the stairs two by two. I couldn't go any faster. When I reached the appartment, I opened the door and saw a bunch of guys including Vic sitting in living room, playing videogames. None of them noticed me, but Vic. As soon as his eyes met mine,he stood up and ran towards me taking me in his arms.

''Guys, out now!'' he ordered as he held me tighter.

''Come on, I was about to beat the high score,'' one of his friends I remembered as Tony yelled.

''I don't care. Out,'' he replied.

His friends stood up and all grabbed their stuff before leaving the appartment. Once they were out, I bursted out into tears once again. Vic just held me tighter and kissed my forehead all over again.I was so lucky that he was there with me.

''What's wrong baby?'' he asked sadly.

''M-My mother. S-She had a heart attack and now s-she's in the hospital. We were at the r-restaurant and w-when I came back from the b-bathroom...she was on t-the floor. She wasn't m-moving and t-they took her to the hospital. I-I'm so scared Vic. I can't lose her, I d-don't want my mother to d-die. I love her s-so much. I want her t-to be okay Vic. W-We need to go to the hospital. P-Please come with me. I-I can't go alone. I-I need you Vic,'' I answered as I kept crying.

''Oh my...let me grab my keys baby. We'll go the hospital and I'll be right here with you. It's going to be okay. Your mom is going to be okay. I know she will,'' Vic replied, hugging me tighther.

He broke the hug to get his keys in the kitchen. He came back a few seconds later, taking my hand in his. We walked out of the appartment together and I was having issues walking straight. I was shaking and sobbing. When we got outside, I got in the passenger seat as Vic go in the driver's one. And we were on our way to the hospital. I just wished that Vic was right when he said that it will be okay. I just hoped that he was right when he said that my mother was going to survive, that I was going to see her again. I couldn't lose her. I wasn't ready for this, I believed I would never be.