You're My Cure

Chapter 9

A week passed since Vic and I kissed while playing truth or dare and I couldn't stop thinking about this amazing moment. It was just perfect, I had all of those tiny butterflies errupting from my stomach. It was a feeling that I missed so much and that I thought I would never experienced again because only Vic could give it to me. Yet, it happened and it made me happier than ever. Even though it was just a few kisses, it was enough to me. After years of craving for Vic's affection, I got some and it was all that mattered. I enjoyed the moment and I believed Vic too. His words never left my mind, how he said that he didn't understand why he ever let me go. I just wished he would never let me go again, that he would not leave my side once again. I needed him, and I figured he needed me too.

We didn't talk about the kiss after it happened and we didn't kiss again. Things were not akward between us, we just dropped the topic. I could feel that we were closer though. Whenever we would spend time together, I would catch him staring at me or he would catch me staring at him. We would hug a lot, needing the other's touch on our skin. I didn't know where we stood, and it was okay. We needed time and we didn't want to rush things if something had to happen between us. There was Vic who was still a little heartbroken and who needed time to get better. There was me who was madly in love with Vic, but who still was insecure that he would break my heart again. He broke it in the past and could break it all over again. I hoped he wouldn't, I trusted him. Time would work its magic and if it wanted us to be together, together we would be. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but someday we would.

I was currently at the mall spending some quality time with my mother. She was very happy to see me being joyful again, she was so glad that I was on the right track again. I still had my downs, but they weren't as recurrent as before. There was basically nothing to make me feel low. I had a supportive mother who loved me unconditionnaly and a great friend who, even though made me feel horrible for years, made me feel important and wanted. I still didn't tell my mother about Vic and I felt like I would never tell her unless things between Vic and me got pretty serious again. I didn't want her to get worried. I wanted her to stay positive and happy. I wanted her to keep the faith that I was okay and that I would always be. If Vic and I ever dated again, I knew that she would be mad at first. She would accept it with time because she always wanted me to be happy. If Vic could make me happy once again, she would tolerate it and just be glad that I found love.

My mother and I were at the mall because I decided that I wanted a job. I didn't have experience so I knew it would be difficult to find a great one. I only had my high school diploma and some tiny work experience from when I was a teenager. I hoped some shop would give me a chance, that they would see some great things in me. My mother helped me to make my resumé and insisted to come with me to handle it to different boutiques in the mall. I didn't really want her to come because I was afraid that people would think I was a loser for needing my mother's help. But my mother was wise and waited outside of the shops where I gave my resumé. I musy have handled 15 of them and really hoped that one of the boutiques would call me back. I wanted money, I wanted to do something with my life. I was done with being the loser who spent his days doing nothing. Well, I wasn't doing nothing anymore because I had Vic. We would hang out when he didn't work, which was pratically every night.

My mother and I were in the food court eating some pizza. We talked about different subjects, mostly the group support I was attending. I barely talked to her about it but she really wanted to know how things were going. I told her everything that I could remember and forgot to mention about Vic...or maybe I did it on purpose. My mother smiled when I told her that I've been sober for a while. She was very proud of me and gave my hand a soft squeeze to prove it. She was the greatest. If I have had to fall on a mean mother who didn't support me, I probably wouldn't have made any progress. I always wanted to change for my mother, she was the main reason why I wanted to get better. As the weeks went by, I realized that I also wanted to change for myself. I wanted to be a better me. And...I also wanted to change for Vic. I wanted to be a better person, someone he would deserve. Speaking of Vic, I checked my phone while my mother was in the restroom and saw that he sent me a message a few minutes ago to which I replied.

From: Vic <3 : Hey...What are you doing right now...?

To: Vic <3 : Hi! I'm at the mall with my mother. Is anything wrong?

I waited for him to text me back which he did in a matter of seconds.

From: Vic <3: I don't know...there's something I need to do and I don't feel like doing it alone. Do you think I can pick you up at the mall in 15 minutes?

To: Vic <3 : Yeah, I'll tell my mother one of my friends needs me. I'll meet you at the Target entrance okay?

From: Vic <3 : Thanks Kels, I really appreciate it. See you later xx

My mother came back a few minutes later and I told her that a friend just texted me saying he needed my help. I kept my friend's name a secret and my mother didn't seem to care. She just smiled and said she was happy that I made a friend and I deserved it. We finished eating our food until it was time for me to go. I gave my mother a big hug and a kiss on the cheek before I made my way to Target and waited outside for Vic to pick me. I wondered what was wrong. Maybe he just felt like drinking and needed me to distact him? Or maybe he was just bored. Whatever it was Vic needed, I was going to be there for him. Friends can count on each other and Vic was my friend. He would always be able to count of me.

Vic showed up a few minutes later. I got on the passenger seat and Vic didn't even look at me. I could see that he was crying. I didn't bother asking him what was wrong because I understood when I saw a bunch of flowers on the back seat. I grabbed Vic's hand in mine and we remained silent until we reached our destination. The car was filled with the sound of music and Vic's sobs that were so hard to hear. I just wanted to hug him and make him feel better but it wasn't what he needed at the moment. He needed someone to be there for him in this difficult moment. And I was going to be that person. When we reached our destination, we got out of the car. Vic grabbed the flowers with one hand and grabbed my hand with his free one. We walked into the cemetery until we reached his brother's stone. Vic was shaking. He took a deep breath before he spoke.

''Happy B-Birhtday Mike. You would be 23 today, we would p-probably be throwing this big party for you to celebrate the fact that you're g-getting old. But you're not there. I miss you s-so much Mikey. You'll always be my little brother and l-life wihtout you is so hard and I d-don't think it will ever be easy,'' Vic said. He looked at me before he spoke again.

''T-There are people helping me though. There's Kellin, you remember K-Kellin right? He's been a great friend to me in the past weeks. I realize that I missed him a lot wihtout knowing I did. I wished he had been there sooner, I could have used his friendship and his caring side in the past years. Anyway, if you can hear me f-from wherever you are, know that I love you Mike and that I will always do. May you rest in peace forever and one day, I'll find my way back to you. The Fuentes brothers can never be seperated forever,'' Vic added.

He placed the flowers on Mike's tombstone and took a step back. He took a deep breath and took me in his arms, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back and we stayed in that position for minutes. Vic wasn't crying anymore, he just need comfort. He needed someone to make him feel that things would be okay and I was that someone.

''Thanks for coming with me Kels,'' Vic whispered in my ear.

''You're more than welcome,'' I replied.

When we stopped hugging each other, Vic took my hand and led me to a small bench on the other side of the cemetery. It was facing a beautiful lake and I figured Vic must have been coming there very often just to think or clear up his mind. We sat side by side, his hand never leaving mine, our fingers intertwined. We were both facing the lake until Vic surprised me by kissing my cheek tenderly.

''What was that for?'' I asked.

''For so many things. I'm going to be honnest with you right now. Just let me finish until you say anything okay?'' Vic answered.

''Okay,'' I replied.

''So...Ever since you found your way back in my life, things changed for the best. You helped me smile again even though you didn't want to let me in at first. I don't know...I just really needed to be part of your life again, like I just needed you so much. I'm still so sorry for everything that happened in the past. The past can't be erased but I hope we can push it away. I miss you Kellin. Like I said back there, I didn't know that I actually missed you until I saw you that first time at group support. And now, I understand why I did miss you. You are the person who understood me the most in my entire life, and you still do. You've always been so caring, so sweet, so gentle. You're a perfect boy who I've been stupid to let go. I was still young and dumb. I shouldn't have broken up with you, it was the biggest mistake that I've made. I just really need you Kellin. Maybe you don't believe me and I can't blame you. I hurt you and that's a thing I will never forgive myself even though you did. I want what we once had. I want us. I want to make you feel loved, I want to hug you and kiss you, I want to make you mine. I want everything as long as it's with you...,'' Vic explained.

I was speechless and didn't know what to say. It was a good speechless state. I was so happy and could feel my heart beat so fast and loud. Vic just admitted that he wanted me back in his life, that he wanted me to be his boyfriend again. He didn't say it clearly, but that was what he meant by saying all of those beautiful things. I didn't know what to answer with words so I kissed him as an answer instead. I leaned in and place my lips on his delicate ones and he soon kissed me back. It was a sweet and loving kiss, the best kind of kiss. It was filled with happiness, love, faith and trust. We kissed for a few minutes. It felt like a dream, a dream that I've made for so many nights. It was finally happening, it was all real. When we stopped kissing, I needed more. I couldn't get enough. Vic and I both smiled until he spoke again.

''I promise to never hurt you again. I promise to always be there for you no matter what happens. I promise to support you in your decisions. I promise to love you as much as I can. I love you Kellin Quinn and I guess I never stopped loving you. Will you be my boyfriend again? Forever this time,'' Vic proposed.

''There's nothing else that I want more than being your boyfriend again because I love you too and I never stopped loving you,'' I agreed happily.

We hugged and kissed again. That was how we spent the rest of the day. Two boys who thought life would never get better now realized that their cure wasn't so far away from them. Two boys who were broken finally found what was missing in their lives to make them happy once again. Vic was my boyfriend again and I felt like we've never been seperated before. The past was in the past and the future was in front of us, our future was in front of us. It was going to be bright and perfect, like it was meant to be from the start.