Lost for Words

-

The Hollywood sign lights up next to her, and I wonder why I’ve never noticed how beautiful she is until now.

It was around 3am when the idea was brought up: jumping the fence of the Hollywood sign to see it up close. I had never been, and neither had Kendall and a few others, but in the end, only B and I decided to go. I drove us down to the sign and parked the car a few kilometres or so off the track. We climbed the fence, somehow dodged security and before we knew it, we were only metres away from the Hollywood sign, standing close enough to see it clearly but far away so you know, we wouldn't tumble and fall to our deaths.

We're standing fairly close to each other; I can sense some anticipation - or is it nervousness? - by the way she's fidgeting, her fingers drumming against each other. I want to ask her what's up but I don't want to ruin the nice quietness we have going on. Quiet is not a word I'd use to describe my life and it's cool that I get to experience that, if only for a little while.

Though the sight is awesome, I can't help but check out what's next to me instead. The cute denim shorts she's wearing accentuates her curves and the loose tee she sports doesn't do much for her figure but it's just as fun imagining what she has on underneath.

Magazine figure, she was shaped like a bottle

"Whatcha starin' at," she says playfully, sending me a sideways glance at me.

First time ever I was lost for words

"You," I confess, eyeing how goddamn gorgeous her pretty brown eyes are.

Felt so right, it just couldn't be wrong

She shrugs. "What can I say, I'm a pretty good sight if I do say so myself."

I laugh. It's refreshing to hear a model actually have confidence in herself. "Better than the one in front of me, that's for sure."

She grins. "Who knew you were such a charmer?"

It's my turn to shrug. "You love it."

"Oh yeah?"

"Mmhmm. I can tell you want me."

She snorts. "Really."

"Really."

We hold a long gaze between us, and though I can tell she doesn't want to smile, she eventually cracks, a small smile gracing her soft features.

"Isabelle," she introduces herself. "But call me B."

"I know," I say. She's a Victoria's Secret model, after all. How would I not know her? "Justin."

"I know," she mimics. "How would I not know that panty-soaker teen boy idol?"

Love at first sight if that exists at all
I couldn't move, felt like I was stuck
And then baby girl looked up


I'm still watching her when I say," Hey, what are you doing later tonight?"

"Later tonight as in after I finish watching this view?" She asks. "I'm hanging with you."

I take her hand. It's soft in mine. "Let's go."