Sequel: +
Status: Complete.

I Do

I Do

Standing at the front of the church, Sidney Crosby knew that he was doing something spontaneous and out of his normal behavior, but he could describe his entire relationship with his soon-to-be bride the same way.

They met on the highway while stuck in Pittsburgh traffic. She was in the driver's seat of her car, dancing in her seat to the music pouring out of the car's speakers; he was sitting in the passenger seat of Evgeni's SUV, discussing the upcoming game that evening.

Since they were stuck on the gridlocked highway, it wasn't hard for Sidney's attention to focus on the dancing girl; though, when she noticed that he was staring, her dancing came to an abrupt halt. Her cheeks turned a rosy pink and the smiled shyly.

That was the last time that Sidney thought he would ever see that girl.

After the game ended that evening, a win for the Pens of course, the team decided to go out for a few drinks at the bar. Nothing sounded nicer to Sidney than going home and relaxing in the hot tub, but as team captain, he knew that he had to make an appearance.

Rerouting his car due to traffic after the game, Sidney found himself going down a dark windy path, which looked hardly traveled as there were only three sets of distinct tire tracks in the newly fallen snow.

Going around a bend, Sidney slowed his vehicle to a stop when he saw two cars, obviously destroyed by an accident, in the ditch on the side of the road. Before he got out of the car, he put his hazard lights on and dialed 911. He stated the site of the accident and the state of the vehicles, then was told that paramedics were on their way.

Getting out of the car, Sidney rushed over to the first car. There was one person, the driver, in the car and he spoke that he was fine, just a little bruised. The second car, that was different.

Looking at the driver of the second vehicle, Sidney saw the face of the dancing girl he saw earlier in the day. She was bleeding from her head and wasn't conscious.

Three months later, the girl was just fine and was being whisked away to Canada to meet her new fiance's mother and father; their wedding planned for that same weekend.

It took six hours to find the perfect dress and for Sidney to find the proper suit. The ring was cleaned and shinier than ever and their love extended into their families.

"Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife until death do you part?"

"I do."

"Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband until death do you part?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you, man and wife." The priest turned to Sidney and smiled. "You may now kiss the bride."

And, so, he did; all the way to the reception. And, in the taxi ride to the airport. And, the entire way to the Bahamas in their private jet to launch their honeymoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a fun little drabble for a challenge in the writing cup. Sidney is probably the easiest hockey player to write about, so therefore, he's the featured hockey player in this one. Let me know what you think.

xoxo,
Codie