Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 1

Prologue

Whoever invented the saying, 'be careful what you wish for" truly did know what they were talking about. Most people live in the same area for a great deal of their life and don't leave until,much time has passed them by. But after an exploration of purpose, different apartments, new cities and old roommates; nothing becomes more comforting than the nostalgia from memories of where you were raised.

This, however, was not my case. Just a basic and relatable example of the problem which I faced.

My trouble is that I can't settle down. I can't live in stability with a marriage and kids and a white picket fence. I needed a fix. Something more than that. I need adventure, excitement, a rush. Something to make me terrified and thrilled at the same time.

Ever since I was younger, I had been sort of a dare devil. Mixing pop rocks with coke. Pulling pranks on teachers. Lighting bottle rockets off on front porches. All minor and unsatisfying to the kind of life I dreamed about living. Which is why when I saw the flyer for the Otherworldly Circus, I knew I had to go and stir up some trouble. I just didn't realize what trouble it would really cause.

Present Day

"You're not actually going to this stupid thing, are you? I mean, for fucks sake, It's a school sponsored event, Kellin. You've really gotten lame" Alex questioned with judgement thick in his tone. I just scoffed, he should be the last one to talk about being lame.

"I'm not going to see some colorful clowns pop out of a tiny car. I have a plan to make sure that everyone in school remembers tonight." I explained to him and glanced to see his facial expression change from annoyed to devious.

"Don't even tell me. I'm already in" He replied perkily. I thought to myself about how fast Alex's moods can change.

"Alright. But you have to be able to score some liquor from your parents stash. I want to make sure this thing can fully work. I don't want to half ass anything." As I was speaking, I was more concentrated on trying to peel an old piece of 5 Gum off of the inside of my green locker.

"Will do. Now, C'mon, I don't want to spend anymore time in these halls than we have to" Alex replied while grabbing my hand and with the other I slammed the locker closed. He practically dragged me out of the building with me yelling in protest to let go and that I can walk on my own.

He eventually released his grip on my arm and we walked side by side into the student parking lot, towards his car. Even Though his parents aren't technically rich, they do give everything they can to spoil Alex. Sometimes I resent him for that. He even has a college fund scraped together from years of his parents working.

We buckled up before speeding out of the lot. The whole way back to my place, he questioned what the plan was and after about ten different guesses, he gave up and lit up a cigarette. There wasn't much more talking after that, besides some signing to the radio.

We pulled into my driveway and got out the car. I looked around to make sure none of my nosey neighbors saw Alex smoking. They hadn't. I opened the door and, as always, neither of my parents we're here.

My mom is a successful lawyer, currently working on a difficult family massacre case. She has stayed almost every night til midnight, for the past week, at her office reviewing and gathering evidence. My dad on the other hand, he's always somewhere that nobody knows about. You're never too sure as to when he will just surprise you and pop in.

"What time should we get there? Are we doing this before or after the show starts?" Alex pestered me with more questions as I let us in and grabbed some beer from the kitchen.

"Neither. We are going to set it up when everyone is distracted by the performers then afterwards, when they light off the fireworks, our plan will be sparked." I chuckled a bit at the small pun I made but oblivious Alex didn't catch it.

"Sounds good to me. Now lets get tipsy before we head on over"

And we did just that. We each downed half a pack of beer, took a shot and laughed about being incredibly drunk. So much for just getting tipsy. Being under the influence does something strange to time. It feels to go so slow but when you look back at the numbers on the clock, you can't believe how quickly it actually was. Before either of us knew it, it was halfway through the show.

We rushed out the door and hurried down to his house to pick up the beer. Only, that's not all we we're getting. I knew if I asked Alex to loot some of his father's gun powder, he would have ripped my head off. So, when he was distracted by grabbing the celebration beverages, I swiped a box of it out of his parents closet. They lock up their antique guns but not the powder, they don't see as to why anyone would steal that, since there is no value in gun powder. How wrong they are.

I have a higher alcohol tolerance so I was the one driving Alex's Jeep down to the recreational grounds where the Circus was being held. In the passenger seat, Alex was starting to act loopy and I was worried his childish behavior would blow our cover. But once we arrived, with only 20 minutes left til the end, he had sobered up a bit and I became more relaxed.

"Okay. Stay here and I'll set up the trap. Got it?" I instructed him while we parked not too far from the tents.

"Whaat? Nooooo. I wanna help. Pleasseee!" He whined to me in a slurred voice, his breath reekd of alcohol and filled the volume of the car with the stench.

"You will. I'm just going to make sure no one is around, we don't want to get caught." I reassured him even though I knew I wasn't letting him help.

He nodded to me and kept his eyes closed while humming something to himself. Maybe he shouldn't be here. He's not as good at holding his liquor as I am, I don't want him doing anything dumb. But then again, he can't even get his seatbelt off.

I decided it was too late and I was too eager to put the plan into motion, as well as too anxious about getting caught to worry about Alex. I took the wooden box filled with gunpowder out of my bag and started making my way out of the field and towards the glow of the lights. More people had shown up than I expected. Good. I want this prank to be written in the county's newspaper. This will definitely give me a reputation to talk about for the next class that comes in.

Behind one of the smaller tents, where the carnies camp out, was the stash of fireworks. I started to unravel the fuse and dump powder into the hole before putting the rope like material back in. The more I did this, the braver I became and with each new firework I added more powder than the last.

I finished the entire batch of 100 fireworks just in time. People started popping out of the main tent and once I was sure I wouldn't look suspicious, I slipped into the crowd and went to go get Alex.

I opened his door and he practically fell out, laughing and asking when we were going to set up the plan. I told him I already did it and that earned me a shriek of how I betrayed him. After only a couple of minutes of him being pissed off at me, he was back to being his usual drunk happy self.

We stumbled, still drunk, over to where the fireworks would be lighting off. I still hadn't told him my plan. The only thing I told him was to watch the fireworks and then he'll understand.

"I wish we could have seen the show, Kellin" Alex whimpered, being a sad drunk once again.

"What the hell for?" I snapped, a little harsher than I meant.

"I don't know. I like looking at the freaks" he laughed and I just rolled my eyes at his judgement.

A tall man, covered in tattoos and wearing a rather corny red and white striped suit, introduced himself as Mike, one of the performers. He thanked us for coming out and supporting "something very close to his heart". I couldn't stop the snicker and eye roll that was the reaction of his pathetic speech.

After what seemed to be forever, he started lighting off all the fireworks , which put a pleased smile on my face. After a few seconds, all of them exploded right in the crowds faces. There was chaos, Children screaming. Parents running away with their kids. And the performers looked oh so pissed.

Alex and I laughed our drunk asses off. I partially felt bad. I didn't expect it to be that intense but what could I do about it now? This will surely be a newsworthy story that the town won't stop talking about for at least two weeks.

We started to walk off to our car, not wanting anyone to be onto us. But it was too late. A different carnie, one with a spiky black hair updo grabbed both of us by our arms and dragged us to another white tent, one that I swear wasn't there before.

"You think messing with people's livelihood is funny, huh? We'll boys, it's your lucky day. Because you didn't mess with any ordinary carnival. No, you went and fucked with the worst kind" he threatened us with venomous words and inched forward with every sentence. I was more captivated by his eyes and how they appeared to be glowing red. I had never been more afraid in my life.

"I-I. We hadn't. Do this. Not" I struggled to make a complete sentence but when a man who seemed to go from harmless to body building strength, it proves to be difficult.

"Jamie! Step away from them." a new voice came in from the tent and like a wave washing through my body, I was suddenly relaxed.

I couldn't describe why I unexpectedly went from thinking I was dead to feeling like I had just step out of a massage, but I had. I didn't think I was bipolar but perhaps I am. No average person can change emotions like that in a split second.

My eyes fell upon the man who had walked through the flimsy entrance of the tent. He was just a bit taller than mem strong muscular arms, tan skin, brown wavy shoulder length hair and a smile that made me feel trapped, helpless and somewhat horny. I silently thanked him for not letting this strange man rip the both of us apart.

"You're welcome, Kellin. Jamie, please leave" he said with a calm voice that made me jump. He knew my name! Had he heard what I said? That's not possible. I was at a lost for words and to make it worse, Alex had passed out and was leaning against me for support.

"But Vic, they were responsible for the explosion! We can't let them get away with it" Jamie retorted in anger but still respectful, almost cautious.

"Out now!" Vic yelled at him and the tone was so piercing loud, I felt a small bit of blood drip out of my ear. Jamie was obedient and left the tent.I took a few steps back and dragged Alex with me. No longer calm but shaking with fear that this man was here to hurt us too.

"It's okay, Kellin. You don't have to fear me, love." the tan man reassured me in an angelic voice, one much different than what I had just heard.

"How do you know my name? Please let us go. I'm sorry. It was a dumb prank. I promise to never do it again. Please don't hurt me." I stood there shaking and begging for this horrifying and beautiful man to let us leave in one piece.

"Because Kellin, I've waited a very long time for you. Of course, I will let you go for tonight. But soon, my dear, you will be with me and never leave my side." he spoke the words as calm as if he were telling me to put a cup of tea on the stove.

Without much time to think he was mere inches from my face and my knees were close to giving out from the constant anxious shaking. With no warning he smashed his lips into mine and I wanted to fight back but I was holding onto Alex's passed out body with my right arm around his waist. I tried to push the man away from me with my left arm but I had no control over the muscles. It's as if, I had suddenly been paralyzed.

Fear coursed within me as he pushed his tongue inside my mouth and a thick hot liquid filled my mouth. My whole body became heated and I felt as if the gun powder was exploding inside of me.

The heat, intense light seemed to flash inside my eyes and all I wanted was for it to end. I didn't know what was happening and I felt strange.

The man named Vic pulled away and whispered something muffled that sounded like, "see you soon", into my ear before the light vanished and was overcome with a swallowing blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for it being sooo long :( I promise it'll be less long and less borin