Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 10

It had been three days since I had been taken away from everyone and in the short time period, I began to think I was never going back. Three long days of repeated torture with whips, knives, burning and other disgusting acts. I hadn’t eaten since I got here and I’ve only slept an hour between the three days. They like to keep me busy and pass me around to other demons.

I started wondering if they just didn’t want me anymore and there was some truth in the simulation Mike made. No one had tried to come and help me and I’m beginning to think they set it up for the demons to capture me. It didn’t sound like something Vic would ever do but even though he’s known me my whole life, I’ve only known him a few months.

I prayed that wasn’t the truth though because I hate to admit but Vic has me wrapped around his finger and I want to believe he is strictly a good spirit. As each minute passes though, I’m finding it hard to keep thinking help will come.

I’ve tried taking matters into my own hands and fighting back but I’m losing strength with the more time I spend here. I was able to use my powers for a mere moment when the man who sliced my arms, (who I’ve now been told is known as Perses), to throw him to the other side of the room when he started removing my clothes. This only led to a merciless beating and I’m pretty sure a few of my ribs have been broken.

“Kellin, straighten up, he’s coming.” one of the worker humans told me as I laid on my side on the cold disgusting dungeon floor.

I mumbled in reply, something that even I wasn’t sure counted as an answer. I couldn’t get up, the pain of the beatings was unbearable. If I couldn’t get back to earth then I wish they would just kill me. I wanted them to kill me already. As I prayed for death, I saw black leather shoes and knew Perses had entered the room. He called out our names but when he got to mine, I stayed quiet. This enraged him and in an instant, he was over to me, grabbing me by my hair so I was forced to look into his cruel red eyes.

“What are you supposed to say when I call your name?” he seethed out through his teeth and I didn’t even blink.

“I want to go home.” I whispered, completely avoiding his question. My answer made him smile and peck his lips to mine, I winced away in revolt.

“You are home. Those freak shows are unable to take care of you in the way we can. You may not like it but this is what you need.” his voice was the softest I’d ever heard since my time being here.

“Can’t I see Vic just once more?” I groveled, not caring how desperate I sounded, I had to try.

“No and if you ask again, I’ll send you to Lust. I’m sure he could think of something to do with you.” the somewhat-kindness in his tone had completely vanished and was replaced with a threatening edge.

“Now, come with me, you have a big night tonight. We’ve got to make sure you look presentable” Perses told me while removing my shackles with a flick of his wrist. I rubbed my arms at the red marks and sighed in relief at the restraint being taken off.

“What’s tonight?” I whispered to one of the other human slaves and he gave me a sympathetic look. Of course this wouldn’t be good news.

“Auction night.” he whispered back, avoiding my eyes. I was in a dismay for a moment. This was inhumane but then again, both humanity and demons have never been very humane.

Perses used his powers to take us out of the ominous, cold dungeon and into a room that stunned me. In the past three days of being here, I’d been in various torture rooms but not a room like this. This room was surprisingly nice. The carpet was an exoitc red and gold woven floor. The furniture was all gold or silver, handcrafted and made more for decoration than comfort. There was a broad porcelain bathtub in the corner of the room. A filled wooden rack of different bottles of wine against the wall and in the center was a high statue of satan himself.

“This is the penthouse. Slaves are not permitted up here at any time but we are making an exception tonight. We want to get you as nice and fresh looking as possible. The more appealing you look, the higher the cost. You’re already worth a lot but we want to squeeze as much possible out of you.” he explained while turning on the faucet and I watched as steam from the water rose. I’d never been more excited to do a basic necessity like bathing before. It sure beats being tortured.

“Can anyone make a bid?” I asked cautiously not to upset him but he just smirked as he poured colorful liquids into the water.

“Your precious friends can’t save you. You have to be a demonic spirit to even enter this part. Too bad they chose to be good doers after their revolt. Such a shame with all the powers Vic has.” he explained and began to undress me.

His words stung at me, as painful as when he dug the blade into my arms. They couldn’t even step foot into my location. That means they can’t help me. That’s why they haven’t come the past three days. This means I’m going to have to save myself and fast.

Perses placed me in the tub and I screamed as the hot water touched my wounds, reminding me of the torture all over again. After a minute, I had adjusted to the heat and found it to be somewhat soothing. It reminded me of Vic’s touch and I frowned at that the thought. Peres scrubbed my injuries and the blood off of my skin, I was uncomfortable of him seeing me naked but he didn’t trust me alone.

The whole time I thought about Vic. I thought about the small time we spent together and how I never imagined there wasn’t going to be more of them. I thought about the warmth I felt from his touch, the lights that go off inside me from his kisses. His boldness for standing up for a human like me and going against his close friend. The more I thought about him, the worse I became. I couldn’t hold it out much longer and began to sob as I realized I would never again see Vic or hug him or kiss him. I’d never get to be with him again.

“You weak mortal. Your kind sickens me. What’s a matter with you?” Perses yelled while repeatedly striking me in the face.

He snapped his fingers and I was dried and dressed, still sore and a little bantered but when i looked at myself my body looked better than before. My eyes though were untouchable. They had a purple bags under them and were red from crying. Tears stained down my cheeks and I saw the mess I had become. It made me almost wish I was never a chosen soulmate. Rage spread through me as Perses continued to scream about how foolish humans are.

“Do you really think Vic cares about you? He’s just as pathetic as you are. Father should have never created him.” I listened as Perses cursed Vic and god’s name.

I couldn’t contain the infuration i felt anymore. Heat seethed through me and I no longer felt weak. I felt as though I could move a hundred cities and crush them with my own hands. I turned to stare at Perses and a wicked smile played on my face, he seemed confused by the change in emotion. I realized what was happening and used every piece of energy to take control of the situation.

“You don’t know a god damn thing about him.” my words whispered out and before he had the chance to reply, I raised my arm and in one motion, he was on the other side of the room. He stood up in shock but quickly recovered back to his normal insidious expression.

“You may have powers but you have no idea how to activate them or how to control them. I admire you for your guts but you’ve made a big mistake.” Perses smirked and in a flash was on the my right side, injecting a needle into my veins.

I squirmed against his grip but couldn’t get away. He let go of me once all of the purple liquid was inside of my body and I stumbled backwards. I no longer felt powerful. I felt even weaker than before. I had no more energy or strength to even stand. My body went through a fast change of in control and assertive to nearly lifeless. What happened?

“This will repress your powers until after the auction. No more little magic play for you. It also makes you extremely weak so you can’t try any escape tonight. You’re lucky you need to look good. After a stunt like that, I would eradicate you from existence.” he explained and lifted me into his arms.

I wanted to tell him to not touch me but I knew I wouldn’t be able to walk on my own. Whatever was in that mix left me feeling like a zombie. We were in a darker room and I could hear him talking to someone about my clothing.

I rested on an uncomfortable sofa for a short while, they picked at my skin and hair. Tampering with this and that for a few hours. Applying this, removing that. I wondered if this is what toy dolls feel like. I certainly felt like one tonight. I hoped I would regain some of my energy later throughout the evening but I never did. If it was possible, I felt even worse than earlier.

Perses carried me once again to a stage with curtains drawn over it, I peaked out. A large room that looked like a lobby was behind the stage. Every seat was filled with multiple creatures, some I recognized from normal human stories like ghosts and witches but others, I had no clue what they are.

I watched from between the cracks as Perses stepped up to the podium, introducing himself as the leader of this event. While he brought out the first few souls, I frantically checked the crowd. It proved to be a hopeless idea, no sign of Vic or anyone from the carnival.

I felt cracks form in my heart and a pit in my stomach as people shouted out numbers for the ones on the stage. They had cuffs around their wrists and their arms behind their back, making it impossible to fight off anyone. The boys on stage where whisked away by the highest bidders, all had grouseume features and evil intentions.

“Now, tonight we have a very special treat. The human virgin halfa who was assigned to the fallen angel; he is here tonight!” Perses announced and the crowd shouted in an uproar.

The ones who just bought the last souls, yelling of how they wanted a refund. The creatures started demanding to see me at that moment. Screaming they did not believe Perses. He came back stage and grabbed me. I would have put up a struggle but I still had trouble moving from the injection. He dropped me center stage and I rested on my knees, slowly looking up only to be blinded by the stage lights. The crowd hollered and it took Perses two minutes before things settled down. I felt disgusted by the thought of this whole thing and even more so at their reactions.

“Lets start the bidding at four million.” Perses suggested and more shouts of even higher numbers appeared.

Within twenty seconds of the proposal, the amount had been raised to thirty million. I was weak but mustered up control to search the crowd for one last hope of Vic being amongst them. No such luck. He wasn’t coming, he couldn’t. I knew this but I still held onto the belief that he would make an appearance.

“One billion!” a voice shouted from the back of the room. Silence filled the lobby and no more bids were made.

“One billion. Going once. Going twice. Sold for the man with one billion. Better luck next time folks.” Perses closed the deal with the banging of the gavel against the wood.

This was it. There really wasn’t some sort of happy ending for me. I was going to spend the rest of eternity with a man who bought me. Perses led me off the stage and as I passed by the crowd, whistles and stares were what I received. I was shaken up by all the smirks and nods of approval, along with the vulgar comments.

We stopped in front of the man and I looked up. I immediately felt scared. He didn’t seem to be as evil as the vibe I got from Perses but he didn’t give me the warm and inviting impression Vic had. His skin was pale, almost white. His eyes were unreadable and his lips were a very light pink with two sharp teeth over them. Oh great, a vampire. I didn’t recognize him one bit and I could only imagine what he was going to make me do.

He handed over about thirty thick stacks of money to Perses and I could practically see the drool slipping from his mouth. Perses was greedy and selfish, among other things. They shaked hands and exchanged a few words about the “treatment” I received here. Perses told him about how he “broken me in a bit”, the disgust built up in me.

“Of course we didn’t engage him in sexual things. We wanted him to be preserved for greater value. Although, he is still quiet attached to his soulmate, Vic. So, if he ever complains about not seeing him, I’m sure you’ll find a way to solve that issue.” Perses chuckled and I dropped my eyes to the floor. Vic. I wanted to be with him more than anything in this moment.

“We should be going. Our travel is very far and will take some time to go back.” the man said to Perses and they bidded farewell.

Perses grip on me dropped and I started to fall, still unable to support myself from all the energy I had been drained of. The vampire caught me and picked me up. We made our way out to the lobby, no words exchanged. I tensed up by the situation and even more so that he wasn’t speaking.

“It will take us a day to get out of the underworld and by then you should have your strength back.” he informed me and I just nodded, not wanting to say anything.

“Until then, try and relax. You’ll need the energy for later.” he warned me and I felt a chill through my spine. As much as I wanted to spite him by arguing, I didn’t have it in me. So, I figured I would try to rest and enjoy the last day before the painfulness that will be the rest of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is this going to be an unhappy novel or not? Stay tuned!

Also: shameless self promo: Follow me on twitter: Lilac_hair