Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 14

I was sneezing and shaking from the cold winter storm. It had been just over an hour since I left my house for an eye-opening walk. I knew I had to go home and face him sometime. I still hadn’t decided whether I was going to confront him or not. I was afraid to be around him but I couldn’t stay out in the cold much longer. Besides, I knew he would come searching for me if I don’t go back soon.

I kept my head down and wrapped my arms tightly around my body with little help. My hands were numb and I couldn’t feel my face either. I tried to ignore how freezing I was but the only other thing I had to focus on was Vic. He’s my soulmate but he’s also a murderer. Why would he kill that girl? How many others were there? I just never imagined Vic hurting someone for no reason. What else has he been hiding from me?

As I was walking up the driveway, I noticed my mom’s car and my mood was instantly elevated. I sprinted into the house and called out her name with no reply. I began to become concerned when i heard no reply and didn’t see her either. I started having wild thoughts that Vic knew of my discussion and took it out on my mom. That was until I opened her door and saw her in the bed, breathing. I stepped closer and shook her by the shoulder, she stirred and gave me a groggy reply.

“Mom?” I asked checking if she was awake. She turned over and rubbed her eyes.

“Kellin?” she questioned, still half asleep.

“I thought camp didn’t end for another week.” she told me yawning, she must be exhausted.

“No, mom. Listen, I need to talk to you about something but I need you to be cool about it.” I said and this made her instantly perk up.

“Oh no. Kellin, what did you do now?” she questioned me with disappointment in her voice.

“What? No. I didn’t do anything this time.” I told her and her mood seemed to slump down. Her disinterest hurt.

“Well, out with it then.” she said sharply, making me cringe. I opened my mouth but no sound left it. I hadn’t thought about how I was going to tell her that I have supernatural powers and am being hunted by demons. I wanted to tell her everything but some days, even I had trouble believing everything.

“I-I-I don’t remember.” I told her shaking. She scoffed and rolled her back to me, pushing the covers over her.

“God, Kellin. I had a long day at work. More children are turning up dead and you bother me with this. Go take a shower, you’re freezing.” her uncaring tone bothered me.

What bothered me more was her middle sentence, the one about more children dying. I left her room, feeling somewhat heartbroken about our conversation. I shaked off my coat, hanging it back up in the closet and opening my door. I started retrieving clothes from my closet when I felt a warm strong grip wrap around my waist. Hot lips began kissing my neck, making me moan and squirm. I wanted to get away from him but when he does this, I find him hard to resist.

He continued to roam his hands around my body and suck on my neck. When I became a little too loud, he chuckled and slipped a hand over my mouth. I wanted to push him away but my hormones were out of control and I was throbbing. My body ached for him to touch me more even despite what my brain said. When his hand moved from my lips to caressing my jawline, I panicked. I thought of him holding the young girl by the throat before killing her. I pushed him off of me immediately.

He stepped back and stared at me in shock. Then a look of confusion flashed across his face

“You’re still mad about what happened, aren’t you?” he asked coming close to me and I backed up before hitting the wall behind me.

“No, I’m not.” I told him and cautiously put my hands over my chest. Avoiding his eyes as he stepped closer.

“I wasn’t planning on anything major. You just seemed very cold and tense. Earlier you would have died for me to have been doing that.” he said in a dumbfounded voice, trying to figure out what went wrong.

“Well, that was earlier.” I said, pushing past him and gathering my clothes.

“Kellin, please. Talk to me.” his voice had worry and desperation laced in it. He went out to touch me and I pushed away. A flash of anger went through me at his words.

“Talk to you?! Why don’t you try talking to me?” I yelled, harsher than I intended. He seemed startled and then puzzled. I went to take my shower but he held the door shut with one of his hands on the wood. I attempted opening it but his powers made it impossible.

“Let me out, Vic!” I yelled and continued to pull at the handle of the door, truthfully a bit scared to be alone with him.

“Not until you tell me what I did!” he shouted back and gently removed my hands from the knobe, forcing me to stare at him.

I felt trapped. My back was against the door and he was straight in front of me. One of his hands was over my shoulder and onto the door, not letting me leave. His eyes seemed pained and I hated seeing him in this shape. I didn’t want him to be hurt but I also knew what he’s done. I felt helpless as he cornered me against the door. It reminded me about being trapped with Perses. Though it wasn’t Perses, it was Vic. As much as I didn’t want to admit to it, I was turned on by his assertiveness.

“I don’t want to think about it, let alone talk about it.” I told him in a quiet voice and he gently pushed our lips together in comfort. I didn’t fight him this time but I didn’t forgive him either. He pulled away and stared at me for a moment.

“Please. I want to know what’s wrong. Did you get hurt out there?” he asked and I knew he cared about me. I just didn’t understand why he didn’t care about the others lives.

“No, I didn’t.” I said to him bluntly and he sighed. I didn’t know weather it was relief I wasn’t hurt or annoyance I wasn’t communicating with him.

“Give me something, Kellin.” he said, stroking my cheek and I felt the warmth radiating from his hand.

“Vic, have you ever killed someone?” I asked, biting the bullet and his face dropped then turned upwards. He started laughing and I felt my stomach twist in knots.

“Well, of course. I’ve had to survive out here.” he said and went to move the air out of my eye.

My strong emotions flicked on my powers and I was able to throw open the door, despite Vic’s grip. The door came off the hinges slightly and I ignored it. I threw open the bathroom door, slamming it shut just as quickly. I turned on the hot water and started removing my clothes. I turned around, screaming when I saw Vic right behind me.

“Shh, it’s just me.” he reassured me and I immediately pulled a towel off the rack and around my waist.

“Get out!” I yelled at him, more than anything I wanted to be alone. The desperation was overtaking the confusion though he still didn’t clearly understand why I was acting this way.

“Is this because I’ve killed people? I’d never hurt you, Kellin. I’ve only killed because I had to not because I wanted to.” he reassured me and I wanted to tear my hair out. He was lying and I knew that!

“Vic, you’re lying to me! What else have you done? What else are you keeping from me? How can I trust you?” I slammed him with questions and his face became unreadable.

“How do you know I’m lying? I’m your soulmate, you can tru-” I cut him off by pointing to the door and his face was no longer calm and apologetic. He appeared to be agitated and angered.

“Out!” I yelled at him and he disappeared, leaving me to shower in peace.

~~~~

The tension between Vic and I kept climbing. He continued to question me about what had happened. I couldn’t speak because every time I looked at him, I could only think of the girl he killed. He tried comforting me and I accepted some in small doses but couldn’t bring myself to do anything other than small pecks. I could sense that he was getting annoyed with my non explanation ways but was determined to not give up. Hundreds of years alive makes someone very patient.

“I have to go to bed, Vic. You should leave.” I said to him, pulling on my pajama pants. He seemed slightly upset over my comment but held his ground.

“No,I’m staying. I told you I wouldn’t leave you anymore.” he said, sitting in my desk chair across from the bed. I scoffed at his words.

“Yeah and you lied about that too.” I whispered and felt the temperature in the room rise. He breathed out heavily and buried his face in his hands.

“Whenever you want to talk about what’s wrong, I’ll be here. Until then, I’m still going to watch over you. You are the most important thing in my life and that in no way is a lie.” he said softly, coming close to me and leaving light kisses on my face. He went to go back to his chair but I held his hand, unsure of what I was even doing.

“Stay.” I said to him in a small voice. He smiled a bit and climbed into bed with me.

He was careful of touching me, knowing I was still upset from earlier. He gently ran his index finger over my cheek and down my throat, stopping at the hem of my shirt. I closed my eyes and tried to relax under his warm touch. He’s beautiful and caring and sharp and so protective over me. I’ll never understand how someone who appears so perfect can be so flawed. I let his touch warm me up and sooth me until I couldn’t stay conscious anymore.

I was in an unfamiliar area, a lilac field. Thousands of purple flowers surrounded me, the smell so sweet it made the air hard to breathe. The space was open and beautiful, green from the trees and grass filled everywhere I could see. The only strange thing about this realistic dream was the sky. It was daytime but the clouds were pitch black though it wasn’t raining.

“Enjoying the scenery?” a friendly voice asked and I spun around, of course it was Justin.

He had a small smile on his face and came towards me in the field. We sat down on the grass and I focused my attention on one of the petals of the lilacs. Seeing Justin made me feel guilty, I wasn’t sure why. I felt like I was going behind Vic’s back but I also needed to know what Vic won’t tell me.

“Is this just a dream?” I asked, skipping introduction and just starting conversation.

“Yes but I’m visiting you in this dream. I can control the setting and who is allowed in. This is a dream but this conversation is real.” he explained and I nodded in understanding, not wanting to talk about what I’m sure would be mentioned.

“So, I see he’s continuing to lie to you. Tell me, why do you think that is?” justin asked and I groaned. I didn’t want to talk about the situation with Vic because I didn’t want to accept it.

“He just doesn’t want to talk about it, I suppose.” I replied and he laughed, reaching out to touch my hair. I felt his hand run through my locks and I looked over at him. I still couldn’t figure out what he was because his skin didn’t change my tempature.

“You poor dear. Always giving him the benefit of the doubt. Do you think he gave any pity when he murdered those hookers in London?” Justin’s tone was both pitiful and daring. I froze and stared at him, he looked completely serious.

“You mean-”

“Yes. Vic is the man known as ‘Jack The Ripper’” he answered, confirming my horror.

I didn’t say anything. I pushed away from his touch and held my knees to my chest. I tried to think of any kind of excuse to believe that this wasn’t Vic. I started to disbelieve Justin and went to walk away until he pushed his thumb against my forearm. Quick visions of bloody bodies covered in lace and lingerie appeared, a younger Vic was leaving the scene in all of the flashes.

“Stop! I don’t want to see anymore!” I shouted and broke away from his touch, falling backwards onto the flowers and grass. Justin came over to me and straddled me, he was over top of me and I avoided his eyes.

“Don’t you see who he really is? He’s going to kill you too.” Justin informed me and I shook violently underneath him, remembering the images of Vic and those girls.

“He’s changed! He didn’t mean to. Please, stop.” my voice was pathetic and unstable, I closed my eyes and hoped I would wake up.

“Keep believing that, Kellin. I promise you, you’re his next target.” Justin whispered in my ear and I focused on stopping my trembling body.

“He’d give up his life for me. Why would he end mine?” I questioned and gasped while he kissed my cheek, I turned away from him.

“I don’t know but I also know that you haven’t even seen the half of what he’s capable of.” Justin said and I became even more frightened for my safety. I closed my eyes, not wanting to deal with reality. Vic…

“You could always come to me. Form a deal with me and he’ll never catch you. Think about it, Kellin.” he said to me and I felt his body weight leave.

I opened my eyes and he was gone. Leaving me in this dark green field with just my thoughts and options.
♠ ♠ ♠
This may not be the best. I've been a bit distracted. Leave comments!!