Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 16

I stumbled around in the snow for a couple of hours, I was pretending to take an insightful walk but I was really just avoiding Vic. Actually, I was avoiding everyone right now but mainly him. I didn’t want to be anywhere close to that magic filled camp. The thought of all of them having powers, good or evil, being able to kill someone with those powers, was just too much right now.

I could barely feel my body but I didn’t care, I kept on walking until I saw the sun start to descend on the horizon. I didn’t want to go back but I knew I would freeze to death if I didn’t and walking in the dark terrifies me. Especially after learning that all of these nightmare filled creatures are real.

I took a longer route getting back. Making sure I went as slow as possible. Each step closer, the higher my anxiety became. Jaime didn’t straight out say that Vic had gone through a malicious period but he never denied it. The way he looked at me and the tone of his voice lead me to believe Vic had committed those crimes. I just don’t know why.

I’m not sure if it even matters as to what his reason is, he still did it. Maybe if I can find some sort of explanation then I can make sense this. Or maybe I’m just looking for an excuse so I can live in denial. Whatever it is; it still isn’t enough to justify killing multiple people. I had already made up my mind about that

I walked through the now quiet camp. The show was starting in only a few minutes and everyone was in their tents making last minute preparations. Every tent had a light on in it, including Vic’s. I crept inside, trying to be sneaky but I couldn’t get past him. The moment I put my foot past the threshold, Vic’s body twisted back and he glared at me. His eyes were a burning red and his posture was upright and intimidating. Needless to say; he was pissed.

“Where the hell have you been?! You don’t even tell anyone you’re leaving. You just get up and do it, knowing full well what could happen. So, where were you that was so important you have to risk your life?!” He screamed at me but kept his distance. I stayed put and tried to think of what to say but couldn’t choke out any words.

“You know, Kellin. Whatever the reason is that you’re mad at me is not worth your life. We can fucking work through this if you would just talk to me. I don’t know why you have to be so fucking stupid all the time.” he snapped, gripping the table and piercing me with his rage filled eyes.

“I’m not stupid, okay? I went out for a fucking walk. Am I not allowed to do that now?! What do you want from me, Vic?! I already have to spend the rest of my life with you. I shouldn’t have to spend every second of the day being watched by you!” I yelled back, actually becoming pissed off myself.

“I want you to be safe and smart! That’s what I want! Oh, I’m sorry it’s such a tragedy you have to spend your life with me. Let me tell you something; you’re not such a fucking peach yourself, Kellin!” he shouted and the air in the room heated up, I was finding it hard to breathe with the intense and suffocating heat.

“Well, I’m fucking trying! This is hard for me! I’m scared, okay?! I don’t know shit about any of this and I just want to feel a little normal and safe. I can’t do that when I’m around y-” I was about to slip out the reason as to my recent actions until a third party cut me off by throwing open the tent and shrieking to get our attention.

“Vic! You’re on! Get out there!” Mike urged his brother.

Vic looked at Mike standing in between outside of the tent and inside. He stared for a moment and pursed his lips. I wish I could get my mind reading powers to work because I had no idea what he was thinking. He then looked back at me and gave me a cold glare before turning and exiting the tent without a word.

“Fine! Just go! Just leave! Great communication skills, asshole!” I yelled from inside the tent, sure that he would hear.

He didn’t come back though. I somewhat expected him to burst through the tent and kiss me passionately, apologizing repeatedly. Only this wasn’t some cheesy romance movie and we weren’t some average couple.

I started feeling guilty for all that I said. I shouldn’t be talking about communication skills since I’ve been avoiding him. Also, even though I’m not positive what my feelings for Vic are, they’re strong and spending the rest of my life with him isn’t a bad thing.

I immediately wanted to run to Vic and make things right between us. All past feelings of anger and resentment had vanished. My main focus now was finding the words to say when I see him next. I was in the wrong this time and I should have just come to him before. Only I hadn’t and I just wandered off, leaving him worried for my safety.

I stepped into the main tent where the show was held and was greeted with loud cheers from the audience. I looked up to see him center stage, forming a wall that reached the top of the tent. His hands were next to his body and the wall continued to rise until completely crashing down and falling apart on the ground. Some people screamed at the sudden change. I looked over and noticed him staring at me. That explains why it fell.

He continued gawking at me with a blank expression. I couldn’t tell what he was feeling but I was smart enough to know I should leave. I fought the urge to step into the ring and go straighten things out right then. I knew I was throwing him off and ruining the act. I turned and left.

I sighed and sat on a fallen tree right outside the entrance. I wanted to speak to him as soon as possible. I waited outside the entire show, sinking deeper into my jacket for warmth. Eventually the hour and a half was up and people started exiting the tent. I scanned the bodies for Vic’s but came up short.

The last of the crowd left the tent and I got up from the tree to investigate. I stepped inside and was met with an eerie feeling. I called out Vic’s name a few times but was met with no reply. I didn’t seem him here as well. The stage lights hanging above started shutting off and I left the tent once more.

I stood out in the open for a few minutes, preparing myself as to what I want to say. I mumbled different apologies to myself and paced back in forth. I decided to just admit that I’d seen him kill those people. I was going to go with the truth so that we can work this out together. I wanted him to know how sorry I was about earlier.

I stumbled back towards the performers tent and entered Vic’s. He was standing there but not as how I thought he would be.

Jaime’s body was pressed into his. His hands running through Vic’s locks. Vic’s arms were firmly wrapped around Jaime’s waist. They were practically groping at each other to get closer. Their mouths intertwining in a kiss that seemed to shatter me. Vic practically attacked Jaime for more by leading his hands to the back of Jaime’s head and holding him there.

I wanted to run out and look away but I couldn’t. The sight was so destructive that I forced myself to watch as they continued to make out, unaware of my appearance. I stood there and felt the life leave my body as they enjoyed themselves. Only when Vic broke the kiss and pulled back for air did he spot me.

“Kellin..” he started off wearily and pushed Jaime away from him.

It was no use, the damage was done. I felt tears prick into my eyes and I glanced back between him and Jaime. Vic seemed distraught, his body was unmoving but emotions were flashing through his eyes at a mile a minute. Pain. Regret. Panic. Sadness. I couldn’t stand to look at him right now. I shifted to see Jaime smirking behind Vic. I felt the liquid run down my cheek and I knew if I didn’t leave soon, I’d wind up balling like a baby.

“I… I.. I should go. I’m sorry. I..” I wasn’t sure how to finish my sentence so I didn’t.

I sprinted off into the night, wanting to put as much distance between me and the scene as I could. For some reason, I thought if I could out run it, it wouldn’t be real. But it was real. He was kissing someone else as deeply as he would kiss me.

It all started falling into place. Why Jaime had never liked me. Why he had tried to kill me that first night. He was Vic’s lover before I came a long. What hurts the most is that he probably still is Vic’s lover.

All that crap about us being soulmates was a fraud. He’s been lying to me. He would have probably just lied about the murders too. He’s dangerous. He’s not my soulmate or protector. He’s a god damn liar and I’m not about to stick around and see what plan he has for me.

I ran as fast as I could until I tripped over a giant root sticking up from the ground. I yelled in pain and clutched at my ankle. It was surely twisted. I started to hyperventilate. I had just caught the person I have strong feelings for kissing someone who wants me dead. This wasn’t fair! He was supposed to be with me!

I couldn’t calm down as I thought more about the situation I was in now. I was alone in the middle of unfamiliar woods. Evil creature with powers were still hunting me. The man I thought was going to spend eternity with just made out with someone else. To top it all off, I couldn’t get up and walk due to my recent injury. There was only one thing I could do to help myself.

“Justin! Please! I need you!” I shouted into the dark forest air.

I waited for a while, tears still coming down my face from the emotional and physical pain. I started panicking and thinking he wouldn’t show up until I blinked and saw him staring at me in the dark with a smile on his face.

“You called?” he asked with a dashing smile and I focused on calming down enough to speak.

“Vic….he- he doesn’t want me!” I managed to squeeze the words out loud before breaking down into more tears as I heard my voice spill the truth out in the open.

“Poor Kellin. I tried to warn you that he’s no good. There, there. You’ll be okay.” Justin comforted me and wiped my face with his sleeve, drying my cheeks.

He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back gently. I was still hysterical but was managing it better with him there. Partially feeling better from the comfort touch and partially not wanting to make a fool of myself.

“What happened here?” he asked, gesturing down to my ankle and running a finger over it. I winced in pain at his touch.

“I tripped and hurt myself.” I admitted and looked down at my twisted foot. If it wasn’t broken, it would be badly bruised and hard to walk on for a while.

“Here. Let me take care of that.” he gently said and snapped his fingers.

The pain in my ankle was gone and I stared in shock. I switched positions and rolled my foot around, testing it out. Sure enough it no longer hurt. It felt as it did before I tripped. I looked up at Justin in wonder and he simply smiled.

“How did you do that? Vic said only-” I questioned but was cut off with Justin snarking and rolling his eyes.

“Do you really still believe everything he says, Kellin?” he asked and I bit my lip.

He was right. I’m not sure what is true and what was a lie anymore. We sat there for a moment in silence. Neither of us said a word. I replayed tonight in my head and just the thought of what he did made the tears start up again. I hated myself for being so pathetic but I’d never experienced this type of emotional pain. My self pity thoughts were diminished when I heard a voice that I now hated call for me.

“Kellin! Kellin! Answer me! Please!” Vic’s voice was full of panic and desperation.

“Where are you, Kellin?!” he shouted and with each new call, I heard him getting closer to our location.

“I don’t want to be near him. Is there anything you can do for me?” I whispered and Justin nodded.

“You can come be with me but you must form a deal.” he replied and I felt uneasy about the way he worded his sentence. A deal? What does that mean?

“What’s that? What would I have to do? Can’t you just-”

“Kellin, is that you?” Vic’s voice came somewhere behind me.

I could tell he was still a ways back but I had been obviously spotted. I tensed and froze, hoping if I sat still then he’d leave. Only he didn’t and his foot steps became louder. Fear of facing him soared in me and I decided to just give in and go with it.

“Okay, fine! Just please help me.” I whispered into Justin’s ear and pulled back to see him smirk.

I had thought I heard Vic shout something but it was too late. Justin had transported us from the dark and cold woods to a solid room. There was a door but that was it. The walls were stone and the floor was wood. The entire place made me claustrophobic. I looked around before turning to see Justin smiling down at me.

“Welcome, Kellin.” he smirked and snapped his fingers, turning out the lights and leaving us in utter darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
ayyy plot twist!