Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 19

“No, you’re not going anywhere with him. I don’t care what that paper says, you can’t have him. He’s mine. You stay away from him, it’s not his time!” Vic shouted at Justin while holding on to me tightly.

“You wouldn’t be breaking the rules now, would you? You know what happens if a former owner won’t let go and obey the new contract.” Justin’s voice was amused.

I felt his cold finger trace the bone of my spine sticking out. I was embarrassingly still shirtless and shuddered under his touch. I heard a loud smack and knew that Vic had slapped his hand away. I could feel Vic’s body heating more and more, it was starting to burn but I was afraid to pull away.

“I don’t care what the fucking law says! You tricked him! Just like you did to those other boys. You’re god damn monster and I’m not going to let you have him.” Vic spoke so quietly it seemed deadly. I pulled out of his arms and sat next to him on the bed. By now my body was red and burning from Vic;s touch but he continued to hold my hand.

“I’m a monster? Ha! Did you not notice those 500 years of destruction made by yourself? Don’t play the ‘I only want to save people because I was once an angel’ card. You don’t fool me.” he laughed and I looked over at Vic, his face became emotionless.

“Vic, what’s he talking about?” I asked in a small voice, feeling like I wasn’t supposed to join conversation but curious enough to speak up.

“Nothing. It was a long time ago and that’s not what the focus-” Vic started but was cut off by more of Justin’s non-humorous laughter.

“Are you just going to lie forever? Why don’t you try being a man and owning up to your mistakes? Or are you afraid he will see you as you truly are?” Justin whispered right into Vic’s ear, only he didn’t flinch or move away. His grip tightened and he felt like stone.

“Kellin is just too innocent-” cut off by more of Justin’s comments.

“Not when I get done with him. He’ll be begging for my cock every night.” Justin had a playful smile and looked down on me with a malicious gaze that I avoided.

“I’m staying with Vic and you’re going to leave us alone.” i said strictly.

I dropped Vic’s hand and stood up on the bed. I was about two inches away from Justin’s cocky smiling face. I wanted to punch him more than anything but didn’t feel any of my powers inside of me. I knew I would only hurt myself if I did so.

“Are you really sure you want to do that? You don’t even know who Vic really is.” Justin stated with that same arrogant tone, I began saying something but was drowned out by their bickering.

“Why don’t you just tell him the truth, huh? What’s wrong, Victor? Are you scared to face who you are?” Justin shouted and i was finally done with being kept in the unknown.

“Will someone please tell me what the fuck is going on?” I yelled, breaking their argument.

They stared down at one another. Vic gave Justin a warning look and Justin shot back a smirk that said “watch me”. Their intense eye contact lasted for only a moment until Vic pulled me down, sitting next to him and held both of my hands tightly. He looked at me with sadness for a moment before looking away.

“Justin didn’t completely lie about everything.” Vic began and I wasn’t shocked, merely confused. I told him to continue and he did.

“Remember when I told you how I had gone mad after Mike found Tony?” he spoke softly, still not looking at me. Justin’s presence in the room only made this conversation more difficult.

“Yes, I remember.” I told Vic, recalling the faint memory that felt to be another lifetime.

“During those times, I would use humans. It began by dating. I wanted to get inside their heads and make them fall for me. Then when things got intense, I would leave. I wanted them to feel the absence I did.” he told me quietly, ashamed. I nodded for him to go on and gave his hand an encouraging squeeze.

“Over the next hundred years, as their love grew so did my hate. I no longer cared for anything. I saw people who did not deserve love being loved. I spited my creator and all of humanity with it. I began to hurt humans physically instead of emotionally.” he spoke the last sentence slowly and I heard the infamous Justin scoff. The last part came at a small shock. I couldn’t see Vic as someone capable of hurting someone on purpose.

“Tell him about Marc!” Justin screeched and I could practically see his cold blood boil. I glanced over to Vic and the shame was replaced by emptiness.

“Marc was my soulmate. My one true love. He took Marc away from me! Now I’m going to do the same to his love.” Justin shouted in rage and Vic kept quiet.

It made sense why Justin had been so focused on capturing me. He wanted revenge. He wanted Vic to be engulfed with the pain he had caused. I would have been more empathetic to Justin if I wasn’t the one who’s life he wanted to end. I couldn’t let him destroy Vic, even if Vic had done the same to Justin. I looked over at Vic and the same sad puppy eyes were on his face, regret strong in them.

“I took a lot of lives. I don’t know why but I did. I was angry and I wanted everyone to suffer for my own short comings.” his voice was heavy with regret.

I used my fingers to lift his chin up and his eyes dared to look into mine. His hazel eyes were pained but still held my gaze. I softly and shortly pressed our lips together. I hated seeing him so defeated.

“But you changed. The past is the past. Of course this was not something good but it happened. You can’t take it back now. You can only move on from it and learn from it. And I believe you’ve done both of those things. I know you’re not who you once were.” I reassured him and a small sad smile reached his lips.

“Thank you, Kellin. You are my true one.” he breathed a sigh of relief and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb for comfort.

“What the fuck?! You know, you’re a pretty fucked up person if you can so easily forgive him.” Justin shouted in anger and his amusement was no longer there. I guess his plan backfired on him.

“But it doesn’t matter. He still belongs to me. Come along, Quinn.” Justin said softer. He yanked me off the bed, away from Vic.

Vic was up in a second and pried me from Justin’s grip. He stood in front of me and something started to appear from his shirtless back. In a millisecond, Vic’s wings sprout from his back. I had never seen them before, I remember him telling me they are painful. When we had flown, his winges never showed. He must be able to do so without them.

They were almost as large as the room was from one wall to the other. They were a dark jet black. The bones looked oddly shaped, almost as if they were broken. Each feather seemed full and glistened, not one out of place. His wings shielded me from my view of Justin.

“Just hand him over so we can be done with this, Fuentes.” I could no longer see him but I could still hear his threatening voice although it sounded muffled by Vic’s enormous wings.

“You’ll never touch him. I’ll make damn sure of that.” Vic’s voice was full of rage, not at all what I had become used to when i associate words with Vic.

“It doesn’t matter what either of you want. He signed himself away to me. Try and keep him and you will have the entire kingdom come kill you.” Justin snickered and I avoided temptation to steal a glance of the situation.

“Or you could stay alive and hand him over now. Either way, he will be mine.” Justin threatened and Vic didn’t respond. He stood there motionless. He can’t be thinking of giving me up, could he?

The silence was destroying me. If only I could tell what Vic was thinking. He wouldn’t trade me, would he? I hope not. I listened to nothing for a moment until I heard Vic yelp in pain. I panicked and went under one of his wings. I turned into him and saw his chest was ferociously cut and bleeding open. I stared in wild eyes, unsure of what to do.

“Kellin! Watch out!” I heard Vic shout in terror.

I looked back to see Justin holding a dagger in front of me. With no time to react, Vic took the situation into his hands. He held me closely to his chest and I watched as his dark wings folded around us, creating a shield. I couldn't see anything or hear anything. I could feel the liquid from Vic’s chest drip onto my skin.

When he opened his wings, new light came in and I observed our different area. We were in a cave. I wasn’t sure where exactly but didn’t care as long as we were far from Justin. I looked over to see Vic leaning against the stone. His color was drained and the sores were leaking red. I rushed over to him and kneeled against the weakened fallen angel.

“Vic! You’re hurt. What should we do?” I asked desperately wanting him to be okay.

“I need..” he began but started to cough heavily, unable to finish his sentence.

“What is it, Vic? Please. Just tell me.” I said frantically not wanting to watch him die.

“Kiss me. It’s believed that halfas have healing powers.” he explained weakly.

I wasted no time in kissing him. I attacked his lips like we hadn’t seen each other in four decades. I threw all of my passion, energy and desperation into this kiss. He didn’t move. He did not stir and I became discouraged that this was not working. I pulled back to check his wounds, they had stopped bleeding and some of his skin was growing back.

I planted small kisses on his chest, right where he had been assaulted. They started glowing slightly and I moved my lips back to his. I tried to be more slow this time. The tenderness of the kisses I had left on his chest seemed to heal faster than the intense kiss I left on his lips previously. I dropped my pace and was more tender with the way I moved my lips on his.

I continued to do this and occasionally glanced down at his quickly healing lesions.The slower my pace, the rapidly his recovery. During this slow motion of lips and tongue, I felt him begin to kiss back. When his hand firmly placed on the back of my head, I opened my eyes to see he had been fully healed.

He kept me there and we continued to kiss in this cold and gloomy cave. The cave itself was ominous but the mood was romantic and I didn’t dare stop him. I wanted this as much as he did. His tongue lit off fireworks in my mouth and the dependency he imprinted on me made me grow closer. I began sitting on his lap with my legs on either side of him. He then, to my disappointment, pulled away to speak.

“We have to get a move on if we want to avoid Justin.” he informed me and picked me up, bridal style as we left the cave and out in the open skies.

“Vic?” I began softly, not wanting to say the words allowed. I looked back to see his wings no longer there, folded into him.

“Yes, love?” he questioned sweetly and glanced down at me before looking back into the blue unknown.

“Maybe you should just hand me over to Justin.” I spoke quietly, this made him stop mid flight and stare in disbelief.

“Is this because of what I’ve done? I’ve changed, Kellin. You have to believe me. This was before I knew of you-” he frantically said and I could tell he was hurt. I cut him off with a small kiss.

“No, it’s not that. I just don’t want you to die. And now, everyone will be searching for us. If they find you, they'll kill you.” I told him and brushed my hand across his once worried face.

“Don’t think about that right now. I will not ever give you away to someone else. Especially not him.” he spoke softly and continued to fly. I still had a lot of question mostly of the Marc situation but I bit my tongue. Now was not the time for a backstory.

“Where are we going anyways?” I asked when the new distracting question popped in my mind.

“I don’t know yet. We’ll find somewhere, don’t worry.” he reassured me.

That’s not what I was worried about though. I was terrified with the possible reality that they would kill Vic. I didn’t want him to die for me but he was determined for Justin to be nowhere near me. I kept silent with a million new questions in my mind as we flew to our hide out.