Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 21

I woke up to the feeling of Vic’s hands running through my hair. I kept my eyes closed but sighed out of happiness. Last night was utter bliss. No thoughts of Justin or being hunted or any of that mess entered my mind. It was just Vic and I, loving each other. I smiled to myself at the thought.

“Good morning, sunshine.” Vics mealolic voice spoke to me and my eyes fluttered open, landing on his smiling face inches away from mine.

“Good morning” I whispered back

“We have to get going soon.” he informed me in that same tone and my smiled disappeared. I groaned in rebellion.

“Trust me. I wish it could be like this forever too but I have to keep you safe.” he heroically told me and sat up on the bed. I grumbled a response and sat up with him.

“Can’t we just fake my death or something?” I asked, half joking but somewhat serious.

“It wouldn’t work. They’d hear your heartbeat and blood rushing. It’s not like we’re trying to fool humans.” he chuckled and I rolled my eyes, I was still mainly human. Which makes me wonder when my powers will come in.

“Where are we off to today?” I asked, picking up my sneakers and tying the laces together. I didn’t bother to get changed last night before bed. I have nothing to wear anyways, it’s not like we packed.

“Well, that’s the thing..” he trailed off, not looking at me. I began to grow nervous at his sudden noteable change.

“Is everything okay?” I asked and he gave me a sad smile but nodded anyways.

“I’m going to talk to father himself today..” he spoke slowly and avoided my gaze. I stared at him with a shocked expression. He was going to talk to God..?

“Yes, God. That’s what your kind calls him anyways.” he said to me and I continued to just stare at him until I remembered the opening of his last sentence.

“What do you mean you’re going to talk to him? Aren’t I coming?” I asked, a mixture of hurt and fear in me.

“You can’t. Halfas are considered an abomination and my creator doesn’t like to be near them. Claims that they’re a bunch of unstable power that could go off any minute.” he replied sadly and I looked away in shame that soon turned into anger. How could God not like what he made?

“So, what makes you think some God who kicked you out of heaven and sees me as a time bomb, will help us?” I questioned, my tone sounded harsh but I didn’t mean the words directed towards Vic.

“I don’t know, Kellin but I’ve got to try. Perhaps he’ll take mercy upon you and ignore my past with him.” he spoke sadly and I crossed the room to embrace him.

His tan arms wrapped around my small back and I sighed loudly into his neck, tingling his ear with my breathe. How did we go from last night being high off of happiness to snapped back into reality? I pushed the thoughts away and solely focused on his body onto mine. His protective muscular arms grasping around my entire frame. The softness of his hair as it fell on my cheek. His scent of wild berries and burning incense that lingered from his skin.

I loved this man more than I knew love was capable of. It’s bizarre to think there was a time I spited his presence and was overall annoyed with it. I quietly laughed to myself at the thought. He must have noticed because he pulled away and gave me a puzzled look.

“What’s so funny?” he asked and I kissed the tip of his nose and stared into his eyes.

“Nothing, I just love you.” I replied and a gleeful smile spread across his face.

“I love you too.” he told me once again, last night's memories flooded back to me. If only it could stay that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’ll be back as soon as possible. I can’t tell you how long it will be. God is always busy watching over his creations so it may be awhile before I can even speak to him.” he told me.

His hands firmly on my shoulders. My bottom lip quivered, I knew he was doing this for us but I didn’t want him to go. I felt like a small school child saying good bye to my father before him being shipped out to war.

“I don’t want you to leave.” I selfishly informed him in a pathetic voice but he saw it as sweet and gave me a small smile before pulling me into a passionate kiss.

“You’re in good hands. The guys will watch over you. I’ll try and make it back within three days, okay?” he asked me in a cheerful voice but I was secretly still skeptical.

“Okay. Don’t get hurt out there. Promise me if you do, you’ll come straight back.” I begged him and he chuckled before taking a piece of my hair in between his fingers.

“I promise but I’l be fine. Don’t worry.” he reassured me and I went to reply before Mike chimed in with an annoyed comment.

“Are you two almost done? We’re busy here!” he shouted at us while easily pulling apart the tents metal rods.

“Yeah. We’re done. Take care of him, little brother.” Vic teased slightly but I could tell his first part was meant seriously.

“Who you calling ‘little’? I could step on you from up here.” Mike casually replied, lifting up his boot like he was really about to squash Vic. The brothers chuckled and I smiled at their sense of humor.

“I mean it. Look after him. Alright?” Vic checked and Mike rolled his eyes.

“Will you relax? Of course, I will. This halfa isn’t going out of my sight even for a moment.” he said and put his forehead on the top of my head so he was staring directly at me, Vic smiled.

“I’ll miss you.” he told me, ignoring his brother who still had his head on mine.

“I’ll miss you too. You better come back safe.” I warned him before pressing our lips together to feel that warm spark once more.

“I will” he said softly to me before taking off into the sky.

I watched for a moment as his body glided with the clouds. He looked so relaxed and elegant. As if he was going to the bahamas instead of up to heaven to beg for his soulmate freedom. I felt a pang of guilt, knowing I caused this.

“So, you want to go have some fun now that Mr. Serious is gone?” Mike asked, breaking my concentration away from Vic’s disappearing body.

“Like what?” I questioned uneasy of Mike’s idea of ‘fun’.

“I could show you the really cool parts of the spirit world that Vic won’t take you. Maybe even let you try some ghost wine.” he tempted and I pursed my lips. Ghost wine did sound very convincing.

“I don’t know. Vic is going out there and swallowing his pride for my safety. Should I really be partying during that time?” I asked and Mike shrugged.

“Going out and having some fun would help keep your mind off of the situation.” he bargained and I caved. I really didn’t want to think about the trouble we were in as of right now.

I took Mike up on his offer and he smiled, picking me up on his back and leaping into the sky. I tried asking where we were headed but it was no use, he couldn’t hear me. Mike flew much faster than Vic and I couldn’t even hear my own thoughts over the wind in my ears. It was also hard to keep my eyes open, not that I could see where we were going.

I decided to shut my eyes, partially out of fear at the rate Mike was flying and partially because the wind smacking into them. I had no idea of our travel time but if I had to guess I’d say about twenty minutes. When we reached the ground, my ears were buzzing and it took me a moment to clear my vision.

When I pushed the wind and dirt from my view, a large concrete building took place. It was five stories high with metal bars where the windows were supposed to be. There was a few rusted chains wrapped around the bars. There was a faint roar of loud music and green lights coming in from the slips of the bars.

“What is this place?” I asked Mike, creeped out and already regretting my decision.

“La Casa De Muendo. It’s a secret nightclub for spirits only. You'll have to wear a disguise though since everyone would recognize you.” he told me and I watched as a small crumpled ball of clothes I didn’t recognize.

When he began unwrinkling the clothing, I cringed in disgust. A hot pink crop top with the word ‘Slut’ on it in glitter. Shorts that were a size too small for me. Black fishnet leggings. A pair of heart shaped purple sunglasses and a case of cherry red lipstick.

“Mike! I am not wearing that!” I protested and crossed my arms over my chest. He rolled his eyes.

“No one is going to expect you to be wearing this which is why you have to.” he argued and I continued to stand there, unphased by his approach.

“I’m not wearing that. It’s humiliating!” I told him and dramatically flailed my arms in protest.

“Looks to me that you look just fine in it.” he smirked and I looked at his palm, the clothes were gone. I glanced down at my body and put my hands protectively over my visible skin. My face turned bright red.

“This is embarrassing.” I muttered and he laughed, taking me by the forearm as we walked towards the building.

“Relax. We’ll only stay a few hours and be out of here before midnight, just to make sure you don’t turn into a pumpkin.” he chuckled at his comment and I rolled my eyes, getting out of his grip and walking by his side.

When we stood infront of the metal door, Mike knocked but no one answered at first. Almost a minute went by before a man with only one and a scar running up where the other one should be answered the door. The new feeling of stiffness that entered my body told me he was not human. He glanced me up and down blowing air kisses at me, I looked away in disgust.

“She’s with me.” Mike firmly told the buff man. I silently cursed him for referring to me as a she.

“I’m just teasing Mike but where did you score this one?” he growled at me and I only felt myself sinking further into the ground. This was truly embarrassing.

“Just through a friend. Are you going to open the door or what?” Mike questioned, becoming impatient with the man.

He rolled his eyes and the heavy door swung open, revealing a whole other world I wasn’t even sure existed up until a few months ago. I stood there for a second taking it in. Sure, we had nightclubs in the human world but not like this.

Creatures walking around with fangs and wings out. Good spirits participating in sinful acts in front of others. Barrels of purple liquid flowed from the container into ones mouth, without time for breathe in between. A man to the left was literally on fire but the flames were blue. Small creatures flying awkwardly, chewing what looked to be green glass but glowed once bitten. I tried to make sense of it but just couldn’t. I had nothing to compare it to.

“Well, are you going in or would you rather stay out with me?” the vile man offered and I pushed past him, heading inside.

“Don’t let him scare you. Most these guys are all talk but if you find yourself in a disturbing situation, call me.” he told me, eyeing the neon light bar.

“Wait! You’re not staying with me?” I questioned, trying to hide the panic in my voice.

“You’ll be fine. Go have some fun. Meet some people. Play a drinking game. It’ll help you ease up.” he told me reassuringly and walked off to greet others I didn’t recognize.

I sighed, questioning if this was a good decision but decided to try and socialize. Despite the fact that we weren’t even of the same species, it would be nice to talk to people. I haven’t seen my friends in so long and I miss having not so serious conversations.

So, I walked over to the second bar and sat on one of the red stools. I felt the fabric of the denim rise up in between me and shifted around uncomfortable. I don’t know how girls do this. The vampire bartender asked me what I wanted and started naming off drinks I didn’t know. I ended up choosing something called “Green Monster”. It was, of course, green in a cocktail glass with unknown blue shavings at the top. I drank from it anyways and was delighted to taste how delicious it was, I could hardly pick up the alcohol.

“New to being supernatural?” he asked me after putting away the alcohol on the shelf.

“Somewhat” I said cautiously, not wanting to give anything away.

“Yeah, I’ve only been around for two centuries so i guess I’m still somewhat new to it. What about you?” he asked, I appreciated his somewhat odd way to make small talk.

“Close to two decades.” I somewhat lied, I had powers all my life and have been around almost twenty years. I just never knew of my powers. His eyes widened before letting out a hardy laugh.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t laugh. I just can’t believe how much of a newbie you are.” he told me but continued to laugh.

“Well, welcome to the underworld, I guess.” he smiled wamrly and held out his hands, as if he was offering me this new life.

“Thanks” I replied smally, not sure how to continue this conversation.

“Yeah, it can be pretty boring most of the time but sometimes you get interesting situations between mortals and spirits.” he told me and poured himself a shot of a red liquid that I didn’t want to know about.

“Like what?” I questioned, becoming particularly interested in this topic.

“Like, right now. Some ex angel has fallen in love with a mortal. Can you believe that?! A human! We don’t love humans, we kill them! It’s disgusting.” he told me passionalty for his hate of humans.

“Oh, that’s ashame.” I said to him, uneasy with his attitude of humans.

“Wait! No. It’s a halfa. Which is actually even worse because halfas are unpredictable and basically have the power to burn the whole earth if they learn to control it. I guess I wouldn’t mind that though because at least the stupid human race would be gone.” he spoke with disgust in his tone as he downed another shot.

“Halfa?” I asked, as if I didn’t know what they were. As if I wasn’t one

“Yeah. Half human and half powers. From the stories though this one doesn’t have a chance in surviving. No control over his powers, wanted posters everywhere-”

“Wanted posters?’ I cut him off and he gave me a strange look.

“Yeah, they’re everywhere with a high population of creatures are. We even have some hanging around. Let me get one for you.” he said to me and went under the bar, out of my sight.

He rummaged through a box of ordinary random things, mostly clothes that I’d hate to touch. He smiled in triumph as his hands unfolded a piece of thick copy paper. He handed it to me and I stared at in disbelief. Printed on it was Vic and I’s faces with the caption: “Reward $20 million and one free pass. Boy must be alive and unscathed, his protector can be brought dead or alive.” I shuddered at the sentence of Vic and couldn’t take my eyes off the gruesome sight.

“Surprised you haven’t heard of this. It’s all anyone ever talks about. I mean, it’s interesting but can be kind of annoying.” he told me with an eye roll and I pryed myself away from the flyer.

“Can you excuse me?” I asked, earning a strange stare from the talkative man.

I didn’t wait for a reply. I grabbed the poster before walking off. I got up from the stool and went to find Mike. Now filled with terror of the creatures around me and no longer excited to be here. These people want to kill Vic and capture me. What am I doing here? What was I thinking? This isn’t fun at all!

I scanned the dance floor, the main bar and the stage but came up short handed. I walked into the tight bathroom opening and saw him, standing in front of a mirror, splashing water on his face. Some men whistled at me and others yelled at me for being in the men's bathroom, still under the impression I’m female. I ignored them all and walked over to Mike.

“We should go.” I told him quietly.

He gave me a questioning stare. Before he could ask, I pulled out the Wanted ad and his mouth formed an ‘O’ in understanding. We trudged past the creatures and made our way through the crowd, past dancing half stripped angels and tweaked out pixies. The once enticing atmosphere seemed intoxicating now.

We walked out of the club and I hoped on Mikes back without a word, he lept off into the skies. I cursed myself for letting him talk me into this. It really wasn’t Mike’s fault. He was just trying to get me to have fun, I don’t think he was aware of the seriousness of the situation.

We didn’t speak the entire flight home, even though he still traveled quite too fast for words. When we landed, the apologizes began to pour out and I reassured him it was okay. I just really wanted to be alone right now.

I layed on Vic’s cott and thought of him. I hope he’s doing okay. I hope no one has found him. I just want him to be okay. Seeing that poster put a new deep fear into me. It was one thing to know about a situation, it was another to see it.

With no way of contacting Vic, I could only hope he was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im sorry this chapter may not flow and kinda suck. I didn't want to do anything real big and dramatic just yet. I alsot havent written in a while cause school and lazy so sorry about that too :/