Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 4

It had been a week since I went to Jack's party and a week since I last saw that strange Vic guy. The circus was long gone and moved on to their next town to scam more people out of money. As creeped out as I was with the situation, I was also kind of hoping there would be more to this. I guess I just wanted some sort of excitement. An adventure you only hear about in books or movies.

Maybe I had been expecting too much. At the same time, it was a good thing, nothing happened. I mean, who knows what could have happened? I became sort of depressed since last week. I questioned weather or not I should have told him to leave me alone. I had just been hoping to finally experience something worthwhile.

"Do you want to come over today?" Alex asked interrupting my thoughts.

"No thanks, man. I don't want to be third wheeling" I told him, reffering to jack, Alex and I hanging out together.

"Well, I understand. You're still invited over my place, if you want. Drive you home?" he offered with a grand smile.

"Nah. I think I'm just going to walk back." I gave him a small smile, he's known I've been in a funk lately and his efforts are appreciated but I'd rather sulk in silence.

We exchanged a few more words after that, up until Jack snuck behind him and started kissing Alex's neck. They were eager to head back to Alex's house once Jack began devouring his throat. I rolled my eyes and headed out the school doors and past the parking lot, onto the street.

It was a crisp autumn day. Chilly enough for a sweatshirt but not cold enough for a jacket. My grey pullover kept me more than warm and as I walked, I stepped on every orangeish leave. The air filling through my nose and pouring into my lungs helped me cheer up a bit. Looking above to see the leaves fall and be blown by the wind, put a small smile on my face.

I opened the door to my house and was somewhat surprised to see my father on the couch. I looked longer and saw he'd been drinking, I hope he hadn't noticed the missing beer from Alex and I. I tried saying hello to him but got no response. His mouth was hanging slightly open, body limp on the couch and his head was resting on the arm of the sofa. I noticed that he wasn't breathing and stepped closer, calling out again. When I was about ten feet away, he suddenly grabbed my arm and I gasped in both shock and a bit of pain. He pulled me forward to him.

"Have you been drinking, Kellin?" his eyes remained shut and a waft of heavy alcohol breath rushed into my face, making me sick.

"No, dad but you have. So, I think you should-" before I could carry on with reason, he twisted my arm around my back and I started to panic.

"You're a liar. There's a whole case missing. Did it just magically walk off?" he snarled at me and when I went to hit him, he grabbed the other arm and held both of them in his increasingly strong grip. Now I was truly fucked.

"Okay! I did! I'm sorry. Please let me go!" I begged and started to pull away but I couldn't, the more I struggled, the tighter his hold became.

"You're sorry? Well let me tell you something, kiddo. You're about to be really sorry!" he let go of my arms and in that moment, I made an attempt to run. I heard his belt buckle come undone and as I started to stand up, he grabbed my leg.

"Where you going? Take your god damn punishment, like a man!" he screamed at me and flipped me over so my back was on the hard floor and I was staring up at him.

I shut my eyes tight, hoping that this would somehow all go away if I didn't look.He held the belt over his head and went to go strike me in the face and chest with it but as I crunched down in fear and waited for the blow, it didn't happen. I opened my eyes once again and he was plopped on the couch, passed out. I stumbled to my feet and put my hands to his neck, breathing a sigh of relief when i found his pulse. He must have passed out.

I took this opportunity to race upstairs and into my room. I locked the door and just stared at the wood for a minute. That was too close. I'm going to have to start being more careful and making sure I can replace any alcohol that I may steal from the house. But then again, I never know when he's coming home. I was just fortunate to not get a beating this time.

I turned to go lay on my bed only to discover someone in my spot. It was Vic. He was laying on his back in a warm blue button up with tan pants that highlighted his hip bones. He was holding his hand above his head a bit and above that, towards the ceiling, was one of my bright green-yellow tennis balls. The ball wasn't coming down like it was supposed to, it was just staying there in the air until he flicked his wrist and it landed in the palm of his hand.

"I couldn't let him hit you. Even if that's a standard human punishment. I couldn't bear to think about you hurt. Especially knowing I could have prevented it" he told me in that same calm tone that was starting to piss me off.

"Hi, my name is Vic and I somehow am able to break into peoples houses and take credit for too much alcohol and then pretend I'm magic by using some sort of string to think i'm hovering an object" I made sure he knew how pissed off I was. How'd he get in here?

"God, Kellin. You are so beautiful and so perfect. I just wish you'd start believing me and giving me a chance. It makes this whole process even harder when you think I'm faking my powers. I just want you to believe me" his usual confident tone was replaced with a sigh and sound of defeat. I actually felt pretty bad for some reason. I walked over and sat on the computer chair next to his head by the bed.

"Believe you? You haven't told me anything. None of this is actually possible and I don't know how you got in here but you shouldn't be here. Wouldn't you be freaked out if you came home and some carnie you met twice was in your bed? Before this, you were telling me about how we're meant to be and you knew my name. I'm just sick of being confused as to what's going on." i told him truthfully in a softer voice than the one I used before.

"I see your point. I just want you and I and all of this to work right now so bad. I'm sorry if I've been making you uncomfortable or unhappy" he looked at me as he said this and reached out to push the hair out of my eyes. I couldn't get over how warm I became when he touched me.

"Not unhappy, just uneasy. I just have a lot of questions and I was surprised to see you here. I was surprised to see you at all honestly. I thought you and the rest of them had left" I informed him and tried to avoid stealing glances at his lips.

"We did. Although, I am able to travel quiet fast. Do you want to see how?" he asked with a small smile and began to sit up.

"Ummm no. That's okay." I told him and my stomach was uneasy, not sue as to what to say next. I didn't know if I should tell him to leave or try and figure out what was going on. He didn't seem dangerous but I also don't know him and he broke into my house.

"You're nervous. Why is that?" he asked, cocking his head to the side and raising an eyebrow.

"There is some stranger in my house, who I didn't invited. Who old me last week that they've been waiting for me and they knew my name. And I'm confused. I am both curious to know what kind of explanation you have but also somewhat scared." the truth just seemed to spill out and I bit my lip to stop from saying anything else.

"Scared? Why would you be scared of me? I am your protector. You're soulmate." he spoke with such sincerity, I looked away because of his last romantic line.

"Soul mate? Woah! Slow down. At least take me on a date first" I laughed but he didn't join me. Maybe they don't have jokes where he comes from.

"Would you like to go on a date? That's an excellent idea! Are you free tomorrow night?" his eyes lit up and his cheeks rose from the smile now pasted on his face. Oh no! What did I do?

"I....uh... That's not what I meant" I wracked my brain for a way to explain this without sounding like a dick.

"If you agree to go on a date with me, I will answer your questions. I promise, Kellin" he looked me straight in the eye and for a reason i can't explain, I believed him. In that moment, as crazy as it seems, I trusted what he was saying.

"Deal!" I agreed and hoped that I didn't grow to regret this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this one is short and kinda boring. I'm trying to build into the story. Hang with me, guys!