Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 7

I opened my eyes to stare at the fabric of the white tent above me. Memories rushed back to me about earlier when Vic revealed the most terrifying and enticing things I've ever heard. Vic? I felt his arms trace up my body and smiled, realizing he kept his word and was still here.

"You're awake" he noted and kissed the top of my head. I can't tell if he's starting to grow on me or I have just been incredibly lonely.

"Yeah, you stayed the entire time?" I questioned and broke his grip to stretch out a bit, suddenly aware of how sweaty I had become. I just hoped he wouldn't notice.

"Almost. I had to talk to Jamie about something." he informed me, a bit more cautious. I could tell whatever it was, was not something he'd like to discuss.

"What time is it?" I asked, getting back in bed and trying to wake myself up a bit more. He smiled down at me and I was happy to see that on his face.

"I believe it's three, you should get-" he was cut off by me.

"Three?! Shit. I didn't come home last night. I didn't even ask to go out. I thought I'd be back before my mom came home. She's going to think I'm dead or missing." I sprung up in the bed in a panic, trying to think of how I'm going to not die when I go home. While I was busy figuring out an alibi, I heard some smug magic creature laugh to himself.

"What's so funny, Vic?! I'm going to die now!" I told him and flailed my hands dramatically, only making him laugh harder.

"You're just very cute, being all flustered and whatnot. You honestly think I would change night to morning then let you sleep here, knowing you would be getting in trouble? No. I made sure your parents knew you were safe and sound." his voice was calmed and relaxed. I had to give him credit, he has a plan for just about everything. Charming. 'Oh' was all I managed to say, now feeling like an idiot.

"I'm going to take you home now. Trust me, I'd love for you to stay but I need to help the crew set up. The show is only in a few hours." Vic told me and stood up, he offered his hand and I took it, pulling me up like he was picking up a feather.

"Don't you hate performing though? I mean, why do you even do it? I'm sure you guys could easily steal money." I questioned while pulling on my shoes, he must have took them off for me after I fell asleep. I tried to hide behind my hair as I smiled, thinking of how adorable that was.

"I do hate it quiet honestly. I hate feeling so judged. I can hear the whole rooms thoughts and they all say 'freak'. We do it because we are trying to scope out what humans may have potential powers and which ones are a threat. The ones with powers, get taken into our coven. The humans that father created evil are destroyed to protect ourselves and your kind." he said to me and I felt terrible. I didn't want Vic feeling bad about himself. People can be cruel and even being supernatural does not mean you have no emotions.

"Vic, I just want you to know that, I don't think you're a freak. I think you're a tender hearted person and that's a good thing. People like that feel more and have more depth to them." I told him honestly and the smile that reached his eyes, made me feel wonderful that my opinion meant that much to him. He pulled me into a light hug and I stayed with my arms resting on his shoulders, being around him makes me feel so secure. Even from the first night, I felt protected with him.

"Thank you, Kellin. That means the world to me. Unfortunately now, I've got to take you home. But trust me, I'll be seeing you real soon." he told me and took my hand as we walked out of the tents.

"I think I'm going to drive you back. Solely for the fact that I want to be with you as long as I can." he said to me and used his free hand to tuck a strand of his brown hair behind his ear. I was about to ask how he got his car back from last night before I felt a strong grip pull me by my shoulder and spin me around, breaking out of Vic's grip.

"Fuentes, I see you've brought us a little peace offering, huh? We appreciate it." a man with bold emerald eyes and sharp teeth stared at me, looking up and down, his mouthwatering. His clothes were a bit bloody and dirty. He had a brown, uncombed beard and a mess of teased brown hair. He looked hungry.

"Get away from him, Danny! He's not for you to eat. He's mine." Vic stepped in front of me and without even touching him, I could feel the fire from his veins and his stance was intimidating.

"Oh? So, this is your soulmate? You're lucky, Vic. I can smell his blood. So pure and clean. Virgin blood is always the nicest. They're so vulnerable and when they struggle against you-" he seemed to be in a trance from speaking about such vile acts. Vic cut him off by chocking him by just raising his hand, not even touching him.

"Vic, please! You're hurting him." I begged and touched his shoulder to shake some sense into him but as soon as I did, I regretted it. I hissed in pain and pulled my hand away, seeing that there was a large red burn mark on it. He immediately stopped chocking the vampire known as Danny and came to my side to see what was wrong.

"Kellin, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm sorry" he looked at me desperately and I wondered if he didn't have healing powers.

"I do but they don't work on humans" he said out loud, reading my thoughts.

"It's okay. You didn't mean it. Can we just please get out of here?" I asked and looked at my throbbing red hand, it was definitely going to blister up in another day.

"Of course, love." he told me and took my good hand into his, intertwining our fingers and we walked off.

"You'll regret this, Vic! Just watch. You're not getting away with this." the angry vampire yelled at us but luckily Vic ignored him and we both got in his car, driving off.

"Again, Kellin, I am so sorry. I was trying to protect you-" he rambled on in distress over giving me a minor first degree burn, acting as if he stabbed me. I leaned over the seat and kissed his cheek.

"It's not the end of the world. It's okay. I know what happened. I was there. I appreciate you trying to be so tough and empowering." I said to him and smiled, letting him know that it was alright.

"I wasn't trying to be tough, Kellin. I told you before, vampires are evil. The majority of them anyways. They love to pry on humans and make them in pain." he said this while we were stopped at a red light and looked directly into my eyes, I could tell he was stressed over this. When the car behind us honked, he fixated his eyes back on the road and didn't say anything for a while. Leaving me to try and pick up the pieces of my thoughts.

"Kellin, can I ask something?" he said the words with caution and I didn't need him to say it out loud to know what it was. I gave him a quiet 'yes' and waited to be humiliated.

"Are you really a virgin?" there it was, the most embarrassing question of the century. My cheeks heated up and I wanted to jump out the window.

"Why don't you know the answer to that? You seem to know pretty much everything about me." i told him in a cocky tone, it was a defense tactic and a way to avoid answering.

"Well, I've seen you go into the bedroom a couple of times with different guys at parties and such. I always had just assumed that you and those men were having sex. But I wasn't going to invade your privacy by looking in." he told me and suddenly I felt worse. I'm not the most stable person when drunk. It was only about three guys, random people from class. I became very self conscious.

"I mean, I'm not completely innocent. But I was just always either too nervous or too drunk to actually go through with it. I was going to once but I had too much to drink and collapsed as soon as I got in the room." I told him, ashamed of what I'd been doing. I wanted him to think good of me. It wasn't the worst out there but it definitely didn't make me feel great.

"That's okay. I'm just a little shocked but I do sort of feel relieved. Not that it would be some terrible issue if you weren't. I was just always very jealous seeing you go into rooms with other guys." he admitted to me and a smile rose on his face, I really did not want to have this conversation right now.

"Vic, can we not talk about my embarrassing virginity?" I asked him, still looking away and not making eye contact.

"There's nothing wrong with being a virgin,love. It's actually-" he was cut off by my whining

"Please!" I nearly screeched, I did not want to talk about my not sleeping around with this beautiful fallen angel who I enjoy making out with.

"You enjoy making out with me?" he questioned and licked his lips, looking over at me and I blushed, hitting his arm.

"Will you stay in your own head?" I told him and he laughed, looking back at the road. We were halfway home and I could tell he was driving almost ten under the speed limit.

"I'm going to miss you" he whined and took his right hand off the gear shift to hold mine, being cautious of the burn.

"You're such a baby. I haven't even left yet." I said to him and chuckled, even though I was going to be missing him a bit too.

"I know. It's just that, I waited a long time for you and now that you're here; I don't want to spend any time away from you. I went through nearly five-hundred years without my soulmate. I almost started to believe that I missed my chance. I started making up scenarios that the gypsy was wrong or that you had died before you reached the age you were in the daydream." he informed me, not making eye contact and I could tell how nervous he was.

"This thing is still very new and weird to me but it makes a lot of sense. Besides, I don't think i mind having a soulmate when he's so cute." I flirted and saw his cheeks rise up in a smile.

"The same goes for you, my love." he said and kissed the back of my hand real quick before putting both hands back on the wheel.

We stopped infront of my house and I wanted to offer him inside but I knew that he couldn't stay. My mom's car was here and I was somewhat nervous she would look out the window to see me with someone she's never met. I pushed those fears aside though and focused on the beautiful mythical creature across from me.

"Don't worry, I'll come back later. If I can't come til very late then don't wait up, I'll be there in the morning." he reassured me and I wanted to stay in his touch forever but I knew I had to go inside sometime.

"Well, I'll see you then, I guess. Good luck with the show tonight." i said to him, starting to take off my seat belt.

"I don't need luck. I always am great." he told me and we both laughed at that cockyness that once used to make me want to slap him.

"Okay, sure. I'll see you tonight then." I told him and before I opened the door to leave, he pulled me back a little and lightly put our lips together, trying to be careful. I felt a small shock when they connected but one that made me tingle. I didn't know how to react so i smiled and got out of the car, heading inside.

Vic was still not here and it was nearing one thirty in the morning. I knew I had to go to bed soon because school starts at seven. I'm half supernatural force, destined to be with a fallen an angel who can change the times and make body parts grow out of nowhere, but yet I still have to go to school. I repressed laughing about the thought, not wanting to wake up my mom.

I sighed and turned out my light, climbing into my bed and getting under the covers, making sure to be careful of my bandaged burned hand. Poor Vic, he really felt bad about the incident.I left my window open, which makes no sense since he's mysteriously gotten in another way before. I did it anyways as though, like a signal saying 'come in'.

I shut my eyes and laid still, becoming relax and ready to drift off. There was a change in temperature in the room, slightly becoming colder. I felt someone's lips kiss my neck and a new weight next to my body on the bed. I gasped, trying to stifle a moan, as his lips kissed my neck. I couldn't help it, my neck is a weak spot.

"Sensitive?" he asked and continued to attack my throat. I pushed away and rolled over to look at him. Something looked wrong.

"Vic, are you alright? You don't look the same from when I last saw you." I told him and put my hand over his forehead, not like I could tell if he was sick or not, more as a concerned reaction. I'm not even sure if he can get sick.

"I'm okay. Just a little weak" he told me and gave a quick reassuring smile but I still felt uneasy. I sat up and moved a bit away from him. Something is wrong.

"I'm sorry. Did something happen? Is there anything I can do?" I asked him and he sat up, coming towards me. My back was against the wall, his hands on either side of me, our eyes locked and inches away from one another.

"Yes, there is something you can do for me. You see, I don't have much energy right now. I don't eat like normal people. I feed off of human energy. It won't hurt. Just close your eyes and I'll put my hand on your chest and take a bit of yours. You'll gain it back soon after sleeping." his argument seemed convincing yet strange that he didn't tell me this kind of thing previously. I avoided his eyes for a moment but decided, he would help me in any moment so I should do the same for him.

"Okay. You swear it won't hurt?" I asked, making direct eye contact and his lips twitched up in a smirk.

"No, Kellin. I would never intentionally hurt you, love." he told me and seemed to be almost laughing.

I still felt strange about the whole ordeal but I already told him it was okay. I closed my eyes and tried to relax. I felt his hand on the center of my chest but that was it, just his hand. I felt nothing else. No warmth like how it usually is. No heat. Not even like something was being extracted from me.

"Vic, how does this work? I'm not feeling any-" I began to say until a sharp pain started in my neck.

I screamed in agony and my eyes flew open. His mouth was attached to my neck and he was biting down on the flesh. I looked and suddenly Vic was no longer there, in his place was another person. One with ragged matted brown hair and much taller than me, even in this position it was plain to see he was bigger.

The man put one hand over my mouth to silence me and another one on my shoulder to keep me in place. I felt as if someone had stabbed me in the neck and then poured draino inside me. My whole body felt to be in excruciating pain, I couldn't even move to break free. I wanted to die. Oh god, why can't he just kill me already?

"Get the fuck away from him!" I recognized Vic's lethal sounding voice and felt the weight of the man release from me.

I remained with my back against the wall, still in too much pain to move. My eyes kept fluttering open and shut but I couldn't find the strength in me to keep them open. I heard some scuffling but it felt as if I was underwater and could barely make out anything. Then there was silence and I really started to become anxious. I hope Vic is okay.

"Kellin! We have to get you to Jaime immediately. This is going to be okay. Just please stay with me." he cried but his voice was barley audible and I felt as if I couldn't make my mouth work.

I felt him pick me up in my arms but I had fully shut my eyes now and was unaware of where we were. I heard different voices and knew that we must have been back at the carnival grounds. Vic continued to hold me and I could feel the vibrations from his chest that he was talking to me.

"Kellin, this is Jaime. I want you to know that you'll live and feel better. But the cure is painful. So, please, bear with us." he told me calmly.

I wanted to scream out about how I couldn't take anymore pain. I wanted to tell them to kill me already, that I felt as though my whole body was an enormous weight, one that was being cut and burned at the same time. I wanted to talk to Vic and tell him I was sorry for being dumb. I couldn't though. I couldn't even feel my mouth on my face.

"God damnit, Jaime. Just do it! He's not responding." Vic yelled at his friend and I could hear the obvious panic in his voice.

I felt the a familiar sharp pain as something probed into my neck, wincing again. Jaime mumbled an apology and then I felt a new sensation. Something shot through my entire body at once and I raised up, my eyes shot open and I couldn't help the loud pained screams that left my body. I felt hands grasp me to hold me in place.

The feeling was gone just as quick as it came, sending me down and leaving me feeling weak and ripped apart. I breathed in and out heavily, grasping for air. I no longer felt like death but I didn't feel lively either. I was beaten down and exhausted, before I could ask any questions, I was drifting off into a heavy sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. Long ass chapter. I felt like giving you guys a little bit of drama. Hope you guys are enjoying ;)
Also comments are greatly appreciated