Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 8

"You should have let him die. I only helped you out because you're my best friend" I heard a cruel voice say. They must still think I'm asleep.

"Why would you say that, Jaime? You're really pissing me the hell off." I recognized Vic's voice, I could tell they were in the room with me.

"Vic, listen to me. It makes a lot of sense. He's the first halfa since Tony and that was 400 years ago. He has innocent blood. More than that, none of his powers have been active yet. He's still human, which means you'll be constantly worried about him. He's probably the most hunted person in the spirit world right now. You won't be able to protect him all the time. He's not going to make it. Spare yourself the heartache." Jaime's voice came across vicious and uncaring, like the first night we met. Almost like he hates me.

"I know in a realistic sense, maybe I should give up but I can't. You would do the same if it was your other half. I'm his protector, his love, his soulmate. He's not going to die, I won't let them take him from me." Vic said in a calmer tone and the atmosphere in the room relaxed.

"Fine. But you're not allowed to die, okay? I don't want to lose my best friend because of some mortal." the venom in Jaime's voice was hard to miss.

No more was said and I heard the ruffle of the tent as one of them left. I continued to lay motionless on the cot with my eyes closed. It may be suspicious if I just suddenly woke up after that conversation. I felt someone stroke my forehead, pushing the hair out of my face. Warmth spread through me and I knew it was Vic. I couldn't help but smile and I gave myself away.

"I knew you were awake. Ignore him please. He's just being selfish because he knows that this means more trouble. Don't worry, I won't let anything like this happen again." he said to me in a more gentle tone, after my eyes were open.

"Vic, am I being hunted?" I asked and he climbed over me to lay in the spot next to me on the cot. He sighed and took me in his arms, not speaking for a moment.

"I'm afraid so. Halfas are very rare. Not everyone's soulmate is a halfa. Mike and I our brothers so we were both bound to be with halfas. They're considered abominations because they upset the balance between spirits and humans." he told me in a matter of factly voice. I looked away from his view, ashamed of being an abomination.

"So, everyone wants to kill me to restore peace or something?" I asked causing him to sigh once again. He struggled for words this time, restarting his sentence before choosing what he'd like to say.

"Not necessarily. Some do but the majority want to capture you because you are considered rare." his words, even though carefully chosen, only confused me more.

"What do you mean 'capture me'? Why? What would be the purpose of that?" I asked and he closed his eyes, holding me tighter. I could tell this whole conversation was very painful for him.

"They want to keep you for themselves. The demons are very lustful so they want to make you their sex slave. Being a halfa and a virgin hasn't been heard of for thousands of years. Halfas are usually more adventurous and daring, like how you pull those pranks. Others want you because it would increase their social status. They could put you on display and people would give them things to go see you. I'm sorry, Kellin. Can we not talk about this?" he suddenly stopped and continued to stare at the ceiling. I was in an awestruck. They want to cage me? They want to turn me into their slave?

"Don't worry about it though. Until my last breath, I will make sure that no one harms you. I apologize for the other night. I didn't know. What happened anyways?" he asked and I began to tell him about the events.

How Danny came in looking like him and told me he needed energy so I gave it to him. Vic sat there for a minute, thoughtful. It felt like a long time passed by so I broke his grip and hovered over him, he seemed to not even notice.

"This is going to be much more difficult than I thought." he finally said and I started to feel hopeless. I don't want him dead because of me.

"I have to figure out a plan but until then, I don't want you leaving my side." he said and gently pushed me on the bed with my head on his chest. I searched for his heartbeat, it was fast.

"What about school? And my parents, I'm sure they heard me last night screaming. I have to see them, Vic. They probably think I was murdered." my voice was a bit panicked as I remembered last nights events. I brushed my fingertips against the wound on my neck. It was scabbing over.

"There maybe a way to keep you in school but I'm not too sure. I need time to think. As for your parents, I had Mike go tamper with your mom's memory. She thinks that you are in a two week long youth program to help troubled boys clean up their act. Mike erased the memory of you screaming from her." he was becoming more frustrated, he had good intentions but I'm wondering if he's in over his head.

"I'm sorry about last night. I just thought that you weren't feeling your best. I didn't know." I told him shamefully and he surprised me, he laughed.

"You get attacked by some bloodsucker and apologize to me. If anything I should be sorry you had to go through that." he said and I smiled, it was nice to hear him laugh even if it was my expense.

"But Kellin what happened wasn't last night. It was last week." I sprout up in shock and looked at him to see if he was joking, he wasn't.

"What do you mean it was last week?! I've been asleep an entire week?!" I frantically said and he sat up coming close to me for comfort.

"Yes, since Monday morning. Today is Tuesday evening of the week after. You're human and your body is weak to begin with, he took a lot of blood. The serum almost didn't work. You needed a long time to recover." his voice was sad and I closed my eyes, trying to understand what he was saying. I couldn't believe I slept a whole week.

"What about my friends? Where do they think I am?" his facial expression changed to a blank after I said this.

"I hadn't thought about that. They'll probably hear the alibi from your mother though." he said to me and I sighed deeply.

"Will you take me to them? Please. With everything going on, I don't know when I'll see them and I would to let them know I'm not ditching them." I told him, playing the guilt card a little. Without argument he waved his hand and we were outside Alex's house.

"I'm coming in with you though." he told me and I opened my moth to protest but decided it was no use, Vic seem to be a stubborn person when it comes to me.

We walked up to Alex's front door and knocked on the wood. We waited for a few seconds until my skunk haired friend answered the door. If Jack is here that means Alex was probably upstairs, hopefully not naked. Jack pulled me into a tight hug before pushing away and slapping me in the face. I gripped Vic's hand, a way to tell him to not do anything drastic.

"What the hell was that for?!" I shouted at Jack and rubbed my quickly heating up cheek.

"Don't ever leave us like that again. Where have you been? Get your asses in here." he yelled us and I stiffled a laugh, we both walked in and sat down on Alex's couch. Vic was stiff and I could tell he felt weird about being here.

"Alex! Come down here. Kellin is back and he's brought some cutie." the end of Jack's sentence gave a whoof whistle and my cheeks were now red for a different reason.

Alex came down fully dressed, which I was happy about. He gave me a hug too and talked about how lonely chem has been without me throwing spit balls at Mr. Ken. I gave them the same alibi, that my mom sent me away because she found out I was behind the carnival prank. I thought they would have recognized Vic by then but they didn't. He must have messed with their memory somehow before we came here.

"So, enough about boring camp. Tell us about how you got those marks. I guess someone must like it rough in bed." Jack said suggestively looking over at Vic, I started choking on my water. Jesus Christ!

"No, it's not like that. We're not doing that." I frantically told them and they both rolled their eyes. I could see Vic, he seemed shocked by the accusations.

"Not yet but we can tell there is something between you two. Just wait. I'll give you guys two months before you started fucking like bunnies." Alex said and took Jack into his arms. I think I'm going to be sick.

"Two months? Please. More like two weeks." Jack said which only made things worse. Vic had a mischievous smirk on his face. Not him too! He's the adult here!

"Stop, you guys are embarrassing, Kellin." he paused in between and I was about to thank him before he started up again.

"We all know it's probably going to be one week." he said and the three laughed while I buried my head in my hands. I was pretty happy though that Vic seemed to be letting go a bit.

"You guys suck!" i told them and shot them all a mocking angry face.

"Not as much as you're going to" Jack said and I couldn't help myself, we all started laughing and it felt good to laugh after the serious conversation Vic and I had.

I wish we could have stayed in this moment but I knew all good things had to come to an end sometime. By the end of our visit, Vic had become quiet the extrovert. A new side of him that I had never expected to see from him. He told us jokes and stories, ones I didn't know of and questioned weather they were his life or another life that he watched. We said our good byes and I couldn't wipe the smile from my face. Vic had his hand over my shoulder and I had never felt closer to him and happier to be with him.

~~~~~~

"You're going to have to learn to protect yourself sometimes. So, we are going to try and jumpstart your powers. Mike and Tony did it before when Tony was transitioning. They'll be here to help us." Vic explained and pointed to either man on his side.

I had seen Mike before but never talked to him. I hadn't seen Tony though. Mike stood tall with his hands over his chest, looking bored. He was covered in tattoos and had the side of his head shaved, he seemed intimidating. Tony,on the other hand, could be mistaken for intimidating with all his tattoos but had a big smile on his face and gave me a friendly wave. I smiled and waved back.

"In order to do this, we have to put you in a dangerous situation where you need to fend for yourself without anyone's help." Mike was speaking now and his voice was not what I thought it would be. I tensed up a bit, I'm not sure I like this.

"Okay, I guess. It's not going to be like the other night, right? No vampires?" I questioned and the three of them laughed at me, making me wonder what I had said.

"No, of course not, love. We're not going to make it so that you will be killed if you can't get your powers to work." Vic reassured me and put his hand on my shoulders, the warmth calmed me a bit. Looking at him and feeling his skin on mine always made me feel better.

"Mike's going to look into your head and recreate your biggest fear." Vic said and I almost wanted to run. Okay, I definitely did not like this.

Mike came close to me and I wished Vic would tell them to go away but he didn't. Vic stepped to the side and Mike looked in my eyes for a good minute. The tension in the room was thick enough to cut a tree with. I didn't feel anything but he must have already done it. Mike stepped back and whispered something to Vic in a different language.

"Ready?" Mike asked, I felt like saying no but I didn't want to disappoint so I just nodded.

The scene changed and suddenly I was dropped on the ground in a room I didn't recognize. It was dark but everything had a purple tint to it. I opened the door and decided to go explore the house. It was obviously abandoned. Old broken wood chairs laid on the side of a stained and ripped up carpet. The glass of windows was on the ground. Something dark was smeared on the walls. A disgusting smell filled the place.

I heard a crunch under my feet and looked down, a picture frame. I picked it up and dropped it immediately; it was all of us. Mike, Vic, Tony, Jaime, my parents and myself, posing together with smiling faces.

"Oh fuck." I said to myself, realizing what nightmare Mike chose.

"They're gone. They left." a voice said out loud but I felt like it was more in my head. I sighed deeply, afraid to turn around.

"I know" I replied sadly, wishing I could go back to reality.

"They disapperad from you. They left you behind. They didn't want you. Just like your father. They got bored with you. They hate you." the voice tortured me and I wished I had another phobia like water or even fire. I stood their motionless and a hush fell over everything.

"But I don't. I want you around. Come with me, Kellin" the voice urged me and I wanted to fight it but who was I kidding? No one wants me around as long as I think they do. I didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

"I can't go with you. You don't want me either. You just want to use me and then leave me." I said, standing up for myself but even I didn't believe my shaky voice.

"You ungrateful brat! I'll take care of you. I'm all you have! You're going to want me! You need me!" the man shouted and I heard the destruction of something made of glass behind me. I knew I had to turn around.

An arm grabbed and spun me to face him. Who he was I had no idea. We only met in my nightmares since I was a kid. I think he's my depression in a physical form. He says everything that my head tells me to believe, the things that prevent me from being happy. He towered over me with a black tongue and white eyes, pale skin and sharp claws. I never thought depression looked like this, more blue and less black but I guess not.

"You fucking need me and you know it. No one has to treat you right because you're not worth it." he hissed at me and I felt some of his saliva on my face, only it wasn't just saliva it was acid and it burned me. I yelped in pain and he pushed me against the wall.

"You're only a human. That's why Vic left you. That's why they all did. No one wants someone as weak and pathetic as you are." the voice taunted me and I suddenly felt my blood become hotter than the chemicals on my face.

"Listen, you leave him out of this." I warned the form and before I knew it. He picked me up and we crashed through the ceiling. I couldn't break his hold but pretty soon we were on the ground.

Tony was playing some sort of game with Mike. My parents were talking about me, saying how much better their relationship was without me around. They were kissing and their eyes held so much love. Even Jaime was laughing from being happy. I wanted to close my eyes but the creature had put shackles on my wrists and forced my eyes open with his fingers.

We visited Vic and I felt the palpitations of my heart, beating so fast in my chest, I thought it would collapse. He was laying in his bed but he wasn't alone. Someone I never saw before was there. Wrapped in his arms, he had a content smile on his face. He looked happy. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. I just stared, dumbstruck as to how someone can call me their soulmate then drop me like nothing.

We were no longer with them, back in the empty house. I wanted to cry but I didn't want to seem weak but I was weak. I expected to feel like my heart was torn out of my chest but I felt nothing. I felt like a bottomless black hole and I was sinking deeper inside myself.

The spirit moved closer to me, whispering in my ear about how no one is going to stay with me. No one will ever want me. I need to come with him because he'll be nice to me. I wanted to back away or punch him in the face but I couldn't concentrate. My head swirling with the visions of happiness that I wasn't apart of.

During my hypnosis of self pity I felt someone elses' lips on my own. This made me jump and I pushed him to the other side of the room. Even if Vic didn't want me, I felt like I had been betraying him. The backing away earned me a slap in the face and being lifted up. My feet dangling off the floor and repeatedly slammed into the wall behind me.

"Nobody fucking wants you!" the screech pierced me so loud, I lost vision for a second.

"I know but I don't need you to tell me. I'd rather be miserable on my own than have you around me. Leave me the fuck alone!" i yelled at the creature and moved my hands in front of his.

His limbs ripped in half and I stared at my hands. Shocked that I did that. I looked back down and he body was bleeding out. The white eyes rolled in the back of the skull and I was more horrified than before. I defended myself but at what cost?
♠ ♠ ♠
May not have been the best way to leave off but this chapter was actually quiet hard to write. I spent like two hours trying to figure out what his fear should be. I needed to be both a physical danger but also something that was personal and not basic like heights or spiders. Tell me if ya'll like it