Status: Hope you enjoy this <3

Little Deaths in Musical Beds

Chapter Two - I'd Pay To See You Frown

Chapter Two

The wind had kicked up a bit before Aveline went to bed making the tree branch outside her bedroom window tap up against it. 'Great' she had thought, 'Now I'll never get any sleep.' She was wrong, sleep came but the tapping continued through the night until, at 2am, a louder tap jarred her out of her sleep. She sat straight up in her bed then looked around. When she noticed the tree branch, she rolled her eyes and laid back down ready to fall back into her peaceful slumber. THWACK! She sat up again throwing her legs over the side of the bed. Using her knuckles she pushed herself to her feet and padded over to the window. Her eyes gazed the level she stood at, and then moved to the ground where a very distraught looking Brendon stood. She unlatched the windows and pushed one outward.

"Brendon?" She asked, "What's wrong?"

"Can I come up?" He tried to keep his voice quiet.

"C'mon," She waved her hand toward her motioning him in. He climbed the lattice that lined the side of her house and crawled into her bedroom window.

"I'm sorry it's so late," His eyes were glossed over and pink under the rims.

"It's okay," She gave a half smile, "Now, what happened? Cause I know it must be big if it couldn't wait until tomorrow."

His bottom lip jutted out, quivering, and he bit it back not wanting to cry again. Aveline didn't ask again what was wrong; she merely walked over and wrapped her arms around him allowing him to let go of his held back tears. When they pulled away, he kept his eyes on the floor, crossing one foot over the other and then back again. She used her index finger to lift up his chin.

"I'll fuck up whoever did this to you y'know?" One side of her mouth curls up trying to give him support.

He laughed a little, "I don't doubt that Liri," he agreed with her, "But, it's not necessary. I'm the one who broke it off."

She cocked her head slightly, "Broke what off?"

"Audrey and I."

"You did what?" she asked in complete shock, her eyes widening and her mouth agape.

Brendon shrugged, "It was over," he told her honestly, "S'ides she was cheating on me anyway."

That pissed Aveline off. Brendon and Audrey had been together since middle school. Audrey was his first kiss, his first love, hell, his first fuck and now...well, now everything had changed. Just that quick, in one little instant and Brendon's whole life became something he didn't recognize, or at least partially.

"I'm sorry B." was all Aveline could manage to say though.

"Don't be, just..." he trailed off.

"Just what?" she asked, her voice soothing and thick with empathy.

"I don't want to be alone," he admitted, "Can I stay?"

She let out a small laugh without meaning to, "Brendon, you know better."

"What?" he asked looking at her confused as he pushed his rectangular, thick-framed glasses up on his nose.

"You don't have to ask," she pulled back the comforter on the other side of the bed from where she slept, "You are always welcome here."

Brendon smiled and kicked off his shoes as he lay down next to Aveline. She rolled over and propped herself up on her elbow. He looked up at the perfect smile on her face and the thought of kissing her crossed his mind, but he shook it out. 'Damn hormones again' he thought.

"Know what we're gonna do tomorrow?" she said in an adventurous tone.

"What?" he smiled.

"Get you ready for your close up," she poked his nose playfully then plopped back down on her side of the bed, "Then you can go to school on Monday morning and make that fucking bitch jealous."

Brendon didn't know why, it probably shouldn't have, but Aveline's last comment made him laugh so hard that his stomach hurt and tears were coming out of the corners of his eyes. God he loved her, what would he do without her? He hoped that he would never have to find out, and he couldn't wait to make Audrey suffer the way she had done to him. Paybacks were hell, and she was about to get burned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so sorry but filler you know? :)