Beau Bennett Vs. Sidney Crosby

Chapter 1

"Beau, come on, this way." I heard Robert Bortuzzo encouraging Beau to walk into the house.
"Shhh, Rob! We can't wake Aria!" Beau says rather loudly.
"Beau, just get your drunk ass in the house." Rob snaps quietly.
Looking up from my computer I saw them walk into the kitchen together. Rob looked extremely frustrated, no doubt from Beau's obviously intoxicated state.
"Ari!" Beau said walking towards me and enveloping me in a tight embrace.
I didn't say anything. I looked up at Rob with sadness in my eyes and immediately he understood. Beau has been coming home drunk almost every night and going out to huge parties. I'm in college so unfortunately, I can't go out with him every single night.
"Are you boys hungry? I can fix you something to eat if you'd like." I suggest untangling myself from Beau and walking further into the kitchen.
"I think I'm just going to go home, thanks for the offer though Aria." Rob says.
Beau has since found himself occupied with his phone sitting on the couch. I walk with Rob to the door.
"Thanks for bringing him back." I say.
"Aria, I know it's not my place, but are you okay? Beau has been going out a lot and everyone is really worried about you."
I look down at the pink nail polish on my toes avoiding Rob's eyes and shake my head no. He sighs and runs his hands through his hair.
"Are you two going to the players brunch tomorrow?" He asks.
"Yes." I say, my eyes finally looking up.
"Good, some of the guys want to talk to you about the situation."
I nod my head and give him a hug.
"Excited for the big day?" He asks gesturing to the diamond ring on my hand.
I nod my head with a sincere smile on my face.
"The team, we all really care about you. I hope you know that." He said quietly.
I'm confused by his statement, it's so out of the blue.
"And Ari, try and get some sleep tonight. You look exhausted." He whispers.
I look exhausted because I'm just that. I'm constantly worried about Beau at night, who he's with, what he's doing, where he is. I haven't had a full night's sleep in weeks.
"Thanks again." I say.
"Goodnight." He says before he walks out closing the door behind him.
I walk back into the living room and see Beau still on his phone.
"Babe?"
He immediately looks up and flashes a drunken smile at me.
"You look so hot in my clothes." He says as he stumbles towards me noticing his shirt I have on.
"You're very drunk Beau." I say as he wraps his arms around my waist.
"Drunk on you."
I roll my eyes at his drunken comment.
I walk with him to the kitchen and make him drink an entire bottle of water to ease the inevitable hangover tomorrow will bring.
"Time for bed." I say pulling him off of his chair.
"Are you trying to seduce me?" He slurs as we walk up the stairs together.
"Trust me, not when you're like this." I guide him into the bedroom and help him climb into bed.
I soon climb in beside him suddenly becoming emotional with the entire situation. A tear rolls down my cheek and lands on Beau's bicep. He notices and looks down at me.
"Hey. Hey, look at me." He said sounding a tad more sober.
I glance up at him with tear filled eyes.
"What's wrong?"
I sigh and try and gather some courage.
"I just want you to stay home, one night Beau. All you do is go out, get drunk, and come home and go to bed. Some nights you don't even come home at all, you'll crash on one of the guy's couches and then come home in the morning. We don't even spend any time together anymore." I say.
Beau immediately looks annoyed with the topic.
"Aria, we're in a losing streak. I've needed something to help blow off steam!"
I let the tears freely stream down my face.
"Am I not enough?" I ask.
"Let's just talk in the morning." He says rolling over and ignoring me.
I roll over too, facing away from and silently cry myself to sleep.

I wake in the morning to the sound of music downstairs. Beau is doing his morning workout. At least he'll sweat out some of the toxins in his system from last night. I look at the alarm clock to see that it's 7:45. I need to start getting ready for the players brunch, it starts at 11. I get out of bed stretching, wincing at the headache I have from crying so much. I walk into the bathroom and wince when I see my red, swollen eyes. I wet my face with some cold water to try and help my eyes. I don't want beau to see me this weak. I decide to just shower now instead of interrupting his workout.
The hot water feels heavenly as it cascades down my body washing the memory of last night away. Beau has never dismissed me like that, especially not when I'm crying. Typically, when I'm crying he does anything in his power to stop my tears. I shake the memory from my head and finish showering. I wrapped myself in a big, purple, fluffy towel and walk into the bedroom. Beau was standing in the bedroom, drenched in sweat, shirtless and breathing heavy. He looked so hot but I was still so angry with him. He looked up at me as I entered the room. He walked over to me and gently took my hand into his own and kissed all of my knuckles, thawing my heart.
"I'm. So. Sorry." He said in between kisses.
"Please don't hate me, baby." He said picking up my other hand and kissing the rest of my knuckles.
"I"m so sorry Aria. I promise I'm going to be better. Tonight we can do whatever you want. I'll take you anywhere you want." He says pulling me close and wrapping his arms around me.
I remain silent and just enjoy the feeling of him wrapped around me.
"Please say something." He begs.
"I love you." I whisper.
"I love you more." He replies as he places a kiss on my wet hair