Beau Bennett Vs. Sidney Crosby

Chapter 2

"You need a shower Mr. Bennet." I said smirking while poking his sweaty chest.
"Would you care to join me, future Mrs. Bennett?" He asked before he kissed my engagement ring.
"You and I both know that if I get back in that shower with you we'll never make it to that brunch. Now go shower. I'll lay something out for you to wear." I said before smacking his ass lightly.
While he was showering I picked out his outfit; a pale blue button up with khaki pants. He always looks so good in blue because of his bright eyes. Then I walk over to my vanity and begin to get myself ready. By the time Beau came out of the shower I had successfully put on a nice day time makeup look and had blow dried and curled my long black hair.
Beau came over and kissed the top of my head before he started getting himself ready. While I rummaged through my closet trying to find something to wear Robert's comments stuck in my mind. What in the world do the guys on the team have to say about Beau's "situation?" Most of them are by his side in the bar every night. I didn't want Beau to think anything was wrong so I quickly changed and went downstairs and made myself a cup of tea to try and calm my nerves. I decided to wear skinny jeans, with black Loubouton heels and skin tight black sweater with the diamond necklace Beau bought me for Christmas last year. While downstairs I walked over to the wall in the living room that I have hung many pictures over the years. My eyes scanned the wall until it landed on my favorite picture; me with Sidney Crosby holding the Stanley Cup in the pool. I remember the night perfectly. My dad has known Mario Lemieux for years and he offered us tickets to game 7 in Detroit. My parents couldn't go, but Mario offered for me to go with them and I accepted. I remember sitting in the suite with the Lemieux's more anxious than I've ever been. I drank 3 glasses of champagne before the first period was over just to try and calm my nerves. But when the final buzzer rang at the end of the 3rd period and I realized that the Penguins, my favorite team, some of my best friends, had just won the Stanley Cup I was elated to say the least. We all bolted down to the ice to celebrate with the guys and their families. I remember standing off to the side just watching everything unfold in front of me when Sidney came over and pulled me into a huge embrace. He smelled of sweat and hockey equipment, but I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around him so unbelievably tight blinking back tears because I was so proud of my best friend.
"You did it!" I said hoping up and down.
He beamed down at me proudly.
"Thank you for supporting me, especially this season. I was probably a real handful." He smirked.
After all the celebration on the ice died down everyone began their journey back to Pittsburgh. I don't even remember what time we all got back home. All I remember is being in a pool surrounded by some of my best friends and the Stanley Cup. Sidney swam over to me and handed me the cup.
"Let's get a picture!" I said as I called Mario over and asked for him to take the picture.
Sidney wrapped his arms around my shoulders as I held the cup above the water. That picture and that memory are forever burned into my head as one of the best memories of my life. A few short years later my friendship with the Penguins brought Beau into my life and I can't thank those guys enough for introducing me to him.
Beau came down stairs snapping me out of my memory. We both walked outside, the autumn air crisp, to his sleek, black car. The ride to the arena was a comfortable silence. Beau had his hand on my knee squeezing it every now and then, the low hum of the radio playing a Big Sean song quietly. We arrived and quickly made our way inside. We were immediately welcomed by the staff and ushered into the large room full of people. Beau wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked towards our friends.
"Hey guys." Kris Letang said as soon as he saw us. He shook Beau's hand and then kissed my cheek.
Sidney was standing close by, however, he looked distraught. I gave him a weird look, but he just shook his head dismissing it. Thankfully, he came over and gave me a hug.
"You look beautiful." He said so Beau couldn't hear.
Sidney has always been my best friend, but Beau was always extremely jealous of him so Sidney knew to tread lightly around Beau when it concerned me.
I looked over to see Beau in a deep conversation with Kris and Mario.
"Do you want a cup of coffee?" Sid suggested.
I nodded my head and we walked over to the table together.
"Some of us really need to talk to you away from Beau this morning." He informed me.
"So I've heard."
Sidney and I both glance back at Beau who appears to be even deeper in conversation with Mario.
"Come on." Sid said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a side door. He motioned for Rob and Olli Matta to come as well. We all stepped into the cool autumn air. I wrapped my arms around myself to keep myself warm.
"Aria, please know that we care about you so much." Sidney started.
"You're one of the most amazing girls we've ever met." Rob added.
"And no matter what we all love you." Sidney said staring into my eyes.
"Guys, this is all very nice, but what is this all about?" I asked confused.
"I can't tell her." Olli said running his hands through his hair out of frustration.
Sidney sighed knowing as my best friend, it would be easiest coming from him. Sidney reached for my hand squeezing it tightly making me even more nervous by the second.
"Ari, Olli caught Beau cheating on you." He said.
My blood instantly ran cold, I couldn't move, couldn't speak.
"Aria?" Rob asked gently.
"Tell me what happened." I managed to say ignoring the growing lump in my throat and tears pricking my eyes.
"I hate telling you this because I know it's breaking your heart. But a few weeks ago, he met a girl at the bar and they slept together. And I guess during the day when you're in class he invites her over and then at night when he tells you he's out with us, he's really with her." Olli explained.
A huge sob wrecked through my throat and was soon followed by a waterfall of tears. Sidney instantly jumped up and wrapped his arms around me holding me tight. I was shaking so violently Sidney was actually scared for me.
"Shh, try and relax Aria." Sidney whispered into my ear.
Relax!? How can I relax knowing that my boyfriend of 2 years, my fiancé was sleeping with some random girl he met in a bar?
The door opened and we all looked up to see Beau.
"Crosby, can you get off of my girl?" Beau asked annoyed.
I felt Sidney tense and he was about to explode on Beau. I squeezed Sidney's bicep calming him before I stood up and walked over to Beau.