Beau Bennett Vs. Sidney Crosby

Chapter 4

There he was, my precious Beau. I wanted to run down the stairs and jump into his arms, but I couldn't do that, not after how badly he hurt me.
"Aria, please just let me talk to you baby." Beau says walking towards me.
"We can talk out back." I saw with no emotion walking past him.
Sidney's eyes blaze into me, silently pleading with me not to go outside with Beau. I gave him a small smile trying to reassure him that everything would be okay. Beau followed close behind me as I walked over to the sliding glass door that opened up to the large patio and pool area.
"It's so beautiful here." Beau commented.
"I know, almost like how we wanted our house." I said sadly.
"Aria, I'm so sorry." He said.
I remained quiet.
"Ari, when I met her I was so drunk. You were busy with finals and we hadn't had sex in over a week-"
"And you think that makes it okay?" I shouted interrupting him.
He sighed running his hands through his hair, obviously frustrated.
"I never said I was trying to justify what I did, I'm just explaining what happened to you. I thought it would just be one night, I felt horrible. But then the guys and I were in the same bar and there she was again. And then things just got out of hand..." He trailed off.
"In our house?" I asked causing him to nod his head.
"In our bed?" I asked, my voice breaking at the end.
Beau just stared at the ground.
"Answer me." I pleaded, my voice filled with hurt.
"A few times, yes." He answered finally looking up at me.
For the first time in my life I saw Beau Bennett with tear filled eyes.
"How could you do it in our bed? The bed where we've made love so many times, where we've cuddled and talked about everything in our lives..." I asked
"I don't even know what to say."
I picked up the wine glass and took a long swig trying to gain up the nerve for what I was about to say.
"Get out."
"What?" Beau asked arching his eyebrow.
"Get. Out." I said like I was talking to a child who didn't understand.
I walked into the house instantly causing Sidney to look up from whatever he was reading. He searched my face for emotion, but I had my mouth in a thin line not giving anything away.
"Aria, please." Beau said following me into the house.
I took another long sip of my wine.
"I asked you to leave."
"Aria, where are you going to live? Just come home with me and we can work this out." He urged.
"She's staying here." Sidney interjected.
Beau's face immediately showed the hurt Sidney's statement caused him.
"You fucking whore." Beau said turning to me.
I've never heard Beau call anyone that, let alone me. Tears instantly pricked my eyes and I ran upstairs as fast I could. I couldn't handle it. Beau tried following me but Sidney grabbed his arm before he could get very far. I ran into Sidney's room and collapsed on the floor crying. After a few minutes I heard the door slam downstairs and then footsteps coming up the stairs. The door swung open and Sidney's heart broke at the sight in front of him. He rushed to my side.
"Hey, Hey. Come on, you're okay, you're safe, he's gone." He whispered sitting down next to me.
I instantly crawled into Sidney's lap wrapping my arms around him for dear life and sobbed violently into his neck. His hands were rubbing slow circles on my back trying to calm me down. In all honesty Sid had no idea what to do, he'd never seen me like this.
"He called me a whore.. He cheated on me, but I'm the whore." I said trying to understand the situation.
"Aria, please don't cry." He said.
"Come on." Sidney said while standing up, never letting me go. He was the strongest man I knew. He walked us over to a chair and switched on the lamp so he could see better.
"Aria, I know what Beau said was hurtful and even though I'm incredibly angry with him, you and I both know he didn't mean it. However, that doesn't excuse it." Sidney said with me still in his lap.
"That doesn't mean you should forgive him, I would be beside myself if you were back with him after everything he's done. I want you to stay here for as long as you want and I'll help you with whatever you need. I'll get with Geno or Kris and go get your stuff tomorrow so you don't have to go over there." He said explaining his plan.
"Thank you." I said as my tears were slowly subsiding.
"What can I do for you?" He asked wanting to help in anyway that he could.
"Well, I wouldn't mind more wine." I said finally letting a smile reach my lips.
"Come on, you need to eat too." He says letting me stand up. We both walked downstairs and into the kitchen where Sidney poured more wine into my glass.
We sat in the kitchen until almost midnight just catching up and actually talking. I would have never been able to do this with Beau around. We even ordered pizza which is surprising because Sidney is so health conscious.
"Well Aria, I believe that you've had enough to drink." He said looking at my empty wine glass.
He was right, I was extremely disoriented and everything was fuzzy.
"Now that I'm thoroughly drunk, I should go see Beau and really give him a piece of my mind!" I declared standing up from the bar stool I was sitting on nearly falling over from the intoxication.
"Woah, how about you just try and get some sleep." Sidney said steadying me.
"I can't sleep without Beau." I said sadly.
Sidney didn't even know what to say at my statement.
He walked with me upstairs and showed me into one of the many guest bedrooms.
"Do you want to borrow a shirt?" He asked.
I nodded my head before Sidney left to go retrieve a shirt from his bedroom. He came back and then left again. I quickly changed into his t shirt wearing nothing else.
Sidney came back in wearing nothing but sweat pants hanging low on his hips, his muscles rippled as he stretched his arms over his head.
"Do you need anything?" He asked.
I shook my head no, still feeling the alcohol bubbling in my system.
"You're very drunk." He laughed.
I giggled at his comment.
He walked over and pulled me into a tight hug.
"I'm really glad you're okay Aria." He whispered.
"Me too."