‹ Prequel: I Do
Sequel: Terrible Twos
Status: Complete.

+

+

The season had just begun, so Sidney had been absent from their Pittsburgh home more than he was present lately. He hated being away from his bride, but duty called.

The home opener was that evening, so Sidney Crosby left his bride a note on the fridge explaining his location so that she wouldn't worry. He had obligations as the arena that he had to take care of as team captain, so he knew that he needed to get a jump start on said responsibilities.

Wife,

At Consol. See you after the game.

xo, Husband


Smiling at the note that Sidney had left for her, she had her own to write for him.

Going upstairs to get the supplies needed for her sign, she quickly got to work.

It was intermission between the second and third period when she made her way to the glass behind the Pens bench. The game was tied and the team was looking a bit tired, Sidney included. The Flyers were always big competitors, but it always made for a rough, but excellent, game.

It was a split second that the cameras zoomed in on her and the sign that she was holding, but Geno caught sight of it.

Nudging his friend and teammate, Evgeni Malkin was the one that got Sidney's attention on the girl holding the sign.

Sidney turned to read the sign that she was holding and his jaw dropped to the ice.

Husband,

Win it for all of us.

xo, Wife and Child


The entire arena went crazy when the camera caught on to what the captain was looking at.

The Pens won that evening, 5-3; Sidney ending the night with a hat trick.

At home that evening, the couple celebrated the news of their child and the first win on home ice with their closest friends. Everyone was happy for the couple, especially future god parents, Mr. and Mrs. Fleury.

The team toasted their captain and wife on the news of their future hockey star and ended their night with congratulations on their way out the door.

Entering their Canadian home after a training session with a few of his teammates the following summer, Sidney was soon reminded of how wonderful his life had become within the last two years.

"Brielle, I'm home," he called out.

"We're in the bedroom," she replied back.

Walking up the stairs to the master bedroom, Sidney stopped in the doorway and leaned against the wooden frame. Seeing his wife sitting on the bed, one child in her arms, the other laying on the bed.

In that moment, he knew that he could never get any happier. He met the love of his life by sheer accident, married her on a whim, whisked her away to a secluded beach for their honeymoon, came back to win the Stanley Cup that year, only to come home from a long road trip to her in labor.

She birthed two small, but healthy babies: Sidney Patrick Crosby Jr. and Serena Penelope Crosby. Serena followed only minutes behind her big brother, making a much louder entrance than him.

"I love you," he spoke to his wife, walking over to the bed and climbing in beside her. He couldn't describe his family as anything less than perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm probably going to turn this into a mini series, so be on the look out for the next part. Feedback would be wonderful.

xoxo,
Codie