Status: in the process of re-writing

Ascendant

00;

He was a dominant. A Daddy, at that, even.

My heart leapt into my throat the longer I stared at the contract in front of me. I didn't think it was possible, but the harder I thought about it, everything was starting to make sense. The way he acted, the way he carried himself, even—the way he was nurturing at times, even if it seemed a little out of his way at the time.

When I looked up, his lips were set in a line and his eyes were searching mine. I tried to speak, but nothing came out of my mouth when I opened it.

His lips quirked into a half-smile, reaching a hand out to grasp at the piece of paper in front of us. "Are you... Do you have any questions?"

I had about a million, but that wasn't what I was going to tell him. "I'm just a little confused, I guess. I mean, not about you. That makes sense. But why...me?"

He let out a chuckle at that, scratching at the slight stubble on his jaw before turning to face me fully. "You intrigue me, Emma. I knew that once I met you, I wanted to pursue this type of relationship with you. As I got to know you, of course, everything fell into place and I saw that maybe you needed it more than I did."

"I needed it?"

He was quiet for a second, giving me a sad smile when I frowned. I pulled my legs up onto the chair, crossing them underneath me so I could face him fully.

"You didn't have much of a childhood, love. The issues that you face and the inner battles you have? I want to help you find a healthy way to cope with that. I want to care for you and guide you, and help you feel comfortable around me enough to regress, if that's what you want. Please you, teach you," Harry murmured, his voice lowering at the end, sending a shiver down my spine.

"What about the...discipline? You want that? You like it?" I nearly winced as I let the question out, wishing there was a way I could re-word it.

"I don't want to hurt you, darling. Understand that," he told me sternly, pursing his lips before he continued. "But I do deem it necessary, yes. The same with rewards. The two go hand in hand, if you will."

I nodded at his answer, seemingly satisfied with what I was told. Everything about this was a foreign concept to me, but when I learned more about it, I wouldn't be opposed to try.

"You don't have to give me an answer tonight, love. If you need a day or two to think this over, I won't be offended in the slightest. Everything at your pace."

Harry was smiling now, squeezing my knee lightly. Relief washed over me when he said this, and I didn't feel pressured anymore to give him an answer, but I knew that he deserved one after laying everything out on the line for me.

"I've made up my mind."