Status: A life in snapshots

The Silver Three

Black and Blue Flowers

Bruises are painted across my chest and arms like flowers. They hurt to the touch, but I do not cry as I gently wash myself off. My skin is pale in the looking glass, and the bruises are purple, red and black. I try to think that they are flowers.

They happened when I was looking through mother’s perfumes. We are entertaining the Krum family tonight, and though their son is older than I am, I wished to smell nice. He has pretty eyes and strong features, and he’s good at quidditch.

Mother catches me looking around her things. I quickly find out that many of the bottles are poison, and mother is unhappy when I drop one and break it on the floor. Her face is the color crimson and her hand sings as she punishes me.

Every sound of her hand against skin is matched with a word. Don’t. Touch. What. Isn’t. Yours.

Viktor does not talk to me. I can’t bring myself to look at him all night. I smell like soap and I am wearing long sleeves, despite the heat at night. My hair is down and I feel small next to every one.

I decide to never wear perfume again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that child abuse is very dark and that it's really not a great thing to discuss or write about, but I feel as though realistically, this happens in Death Eater families. I feel like I wouldn't be doing it correctly if it was not mentioned.

-N