Status: A life in snapshots

The Silver Three

Reunited

My arms wrap tightly around Draco. He wraps his arms around me and squeezes me tight before we sit down in the cabin. We are the only two in the cabin, having agreed to get to the platform early. The squib woman drops me off at the station, the same as the year before.

Draco looks the same, yet taller and his voice is deeper. There is a rasp to his voice that was missing the year before, but I don’t mind it. I know I’m different too. I am slightly tanner, and my hair is much longer than it was before. He doesn’t say anything about it and goes right into his summer.

I listen to his every word. Draco has a way of saying things and making them sound very important. I don’t know how he does this, but I don’t mind. He asks me about my summer too, and I tell him all about the strange fish in Florida. I don’t tell him about the perfume, but I do tell him about Viktor Krum visiting us with his family. Draco laughs and says he goes to Durmstrang, which isn’t all that nice.

We talk about trying out for quidditch, and I see the light in his eyes when I tell him that he has convinced me to try out. Truth be told, I’m quite good at it. I practiced in Florida, and when father is home he helped me learn. He was very patient and diligent.

I cross my legs as we gush over different topics. We wonder who the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor will be, since Professor Quirrel was actually Voldemort. I hope Professor Snape has taken over the position, since he has made it obvious that he wants it. I think Headmaster Dumbledore doesn’t place him there because Professor Snape is a Death Eater.

Mother and father are Death Eaters too. I have made promises to not discuss that with anyone. I do not know what the title entails, but I know that it’s very secretive. So I keep it tucked away to my chest, like the little daggers that I know about people.

Blaise joins us next. I’m excited when he does, and I give him a hug as well. He and Draco exchange polite nods and I want to roll my eyes at them. Blaise joins our conversation and I’m extremely pleased that the three of us are together again. Blaise remained home for the holidays, and he practiced quidditch as well.

Eventually Crabbe and Goyle join us. I am not as elated to see them, but I greet them well enough. When the train begins to move, everyone continues to discuss what they want to do over the year. I curl my feet up on the seat, brushing Blaise’s leg. He doesn’t mind at all, so I lean on the window, listening to the conversation.

Somewhere along the way, I fall asleep. It’s a good sleep, one where I feel happy and safe. My friends are next to me, and that is all I need.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter pinpoints where I really start skipping around. There are only roughly two more chapters involved in the second book, one or two in the third and scattered in the fourth. Starting in the sixth book/ movie is where I really cover a lot.

-N