Status: A life in snapshots

The Silver Three

Enemies of the Heir

Enemies of the heir beware.

The halls are filled with students staring at the writing. I look at it, narrowing my eyes. It is written in blood, but the blood is not new. It’s dark red and in places it is thick. The blood is old, not freshly taken. I don’t know where it could come from, but despite the age of it, it has the desired effect.

Everyone blanches in the hall. Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley are standing in the very front, having been stopped at the scene. I am not surprised. It seems that if anything strange or particularly tragic is going to happen at this school, those three are going to blunder upon it.

Draco glances at me and I shrug my shoulders. Both of us understand the message. Enemies of the heir are muggle borns, people with dirty bloodlines. The irony that Hermione is a part of the group to discover the message almost makes me smirk, but instead, I turn and start towards the common room. Everyone else is frozen in place, but I am uninterested.

I have clean blood. My family stretches generations upon generations until it touches Salazar Slytherin’s line. There is no reason for me to be afraid of whatever is lurking in the castle.

Draco follows me, shoving past people as he does. Blaise trails behind him, smooth on his feet to keep after Draco, who is after me. I lead the way to our common room, and the three of us sit down on the couch, ignoring what we’ve seen in the hall. We share chocolate frogs and read over our potions book.

I smile more when I am alone with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is the last short chapter and then it basically gets into really long, explicitly detailed chapters.

-N