Status: Will update as much as I can!

Bad Blood

Alex's POV

Rian and I walked up to the counter and ordered our usuals, a plain coffee and a hazelnut mocha. After our normal waiting time, we chose a seat and sat in Starbucks, sipping our coffees and chatting about nothing and everything all at once. On the odd occasion, Rian threw worried glances my way, and for a while, I ignored them. But after about half an hour, I couldn't anymore.

"What's up?" I asked him.
"We're worried about you, Lex. You don't leave your room for a month and a half. You barely ate, slept or drank anything. And then all of a sudden, you're up, leaving the house and buying stuff for yourself. You come back in and you're face is clear of any stubble, you're hair's cut and shiny and you're wearing clothes that aren't... his," Rian explained. "We just want to know that you're okay."
"I'm fine. Look. I'm not over him. Might never be. But these things happen, and you can't control them or stop them from happening. What you can do, though, is make sure that you're okay and that you're not upset for eternity over some guy who fucked you over," I told him.
"I know, but how quickly the shift happened. Are you sure you're ready for this?" he asked me.
"I'm positive, Ri. I'm fine. I'll be fine. I just need to get back to being me," I explained, smiling softly.
"What about him?" Rian cautiously asked.
"I don't know, Ri. I'm figuring myself out first. I'll deal with me and my problems and then maybe I'll work something out with him," I trailed off.

"You still love him, don't you?" Rian stated.
"Of course I still love him. I've loved him for a long time, Ri. That's not gonna go away any time soon, but neither is the fact that he cheated and he hurt me," I told him, putting my head in my hands, all my thoughts hitting me again.
"Lex, talk to me," Rian begged.
"What did I do wrong, Ri? I let him in, I trusted him, I made sure he trusted me. Truth is... I'd still die for him Ri. He's enough for me. So why wasn't I enough for him?" I cried. I felt the tears well up in my eyes.

"You were," I heard an all too familiar voice say. I felt my body rush with excitement, happiness, hurt, fear and anger all at once. Jack. I prepared myself and looked up at his still so beautiful, but now sad, eyes.
"Jack, leave," I heard Rian's voice warn.
"No! Alex. You were good enough. You were too good. I never deserved you. You could have done so much better than me, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I fucked up, I'm sorry I hurt you. You never deserved that. You deserved someone who was gonna stand by your side and hold you close, and not let you out of their sight ever. And I wasn't that person," he started. I felt a tear escape my eye as I bit my lip.
"J-ack stop it," I asked.
"No! I should have told you this from the get go. I regret every moment I wasn't with you, and I can't remember half of it. But that doesn't stop me regretting it. Every moment I spend away from you, I spend thinking about how if it wasn't for my stupidity and selfishness, we could be together right now. We could be happy. I know you're not likely to care, but I regret it. And I regret loosing you," he told me.

"W-why did you do it?" I asked him, tears falling freely now.
"Because I am an idiot," he told me.
"Jack. Go away, right now," Rian warned again.
"No!" I cried, turning to Rian. "I want to know one more thing." I turned back to Jack. "Who?"
"Alex, I-" Rian started, but I cut him off.
"No! Who?"
"Jessica... from my work," he told me, almost reluctantly.

"Right, that's enough now. Jack, go!" Rian said. I had curled up in a ball by this point, my head on the desk, sobbing.
"Alex, I'm-" Jack started.
"J-just go," I told him weakly. Rian collected up our things and took me back home where I resigned into the arms of Zack, who was nodding and holding me as Rian explained what happened.

It was then that I realised how much I wanted Jack back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this chapter's a bit of a trainwreck, I know. I'm really sorry for the wait too. But, as always, I'm terrible for updating. But, if you did enjoy this trainwreck chapter, then comment and let me know. Always looking for advice.

Thank you to everyone who's already subscribed, I know I'm terrible. I try to update more frequently!

Comment And Subscribe if you enjoyed. And if you're really feeling it, then recommend ^.^