Status: Will update as much as I can!

Bad Blood

Alex's POV

*****A Month Later******

I turned up at work as usual. I had graduated school, but I was happy where I was, so I hadn't applied for college. I was saving up first. I turned up at work with Rian, who worked in the restaurant next door. I had given Rian a run, knowing he'd also want a lift home. But that was fine. Something felt off about today. Well, today in particular. Everyday since Jack left, something felt off. I was a blatant liar if I said I didn't miss him or love him. I'd still die for him. I know it was wrong of me considering what he did, but you can't help who you love, right?

I went about my day as normal, trying to drown out the uneasy feeling with work. I tuned every guitar and bass in the store and re-arranged all the cd's within my first four hours. Then I went through to the back and started rearranging the stock. I heard the front door bell chime, signifying it was being opened. I walked through to the front to see a guy with hair about my length and style, but very dark brown as opposed to caramel, like mine, wheeling a piano through the door. I watched, in confusion. No one told me we had a piano coming today. He pushed it to the front of the desk and stopped before sitting down behind it. I heard him start to play and another guy who had longer, black hair and was wearing a black suit with a white shirt walked in holding a bunch of flowers. I vaguely recognised him, but I couldn't put my finger on where I had seen him before. He handed me them and then started to sing.

"I'm so glad you made time to see me.
How's life? Tell me how's your family?
I haven't seen them in a while.
You've been good, busier than ever,
We small talk, work and the weather,
Your guard is up and I know why.
Because the last time you saw me
Is still burned in the back of your mind.
You gave me roses and I left them there to die.

So this is me swallowing my pride,
Standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night,"
And I go back to December all the time.
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you.
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine.
I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right.
I go back to December all the time.

These days I haven't been sleeping,
Staying up, playing back myself leavin'.
When your birthday passed and I didn't call.
And I think about summer, all the beautiful times,
I watched you laughing from the passenger side.
Realized I loved you in the fall.

And then the cold came, the dark days when fear crept into my mind
You gave me all your love and all I gave you was "Goodbye".

So this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night."
And I go back to December all the time.
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you,
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine.
I'd go back to December, turn around and change my own mind
I go back to December all the time.

I miss your tanned skin, your sweet smile,
So good to me, so right
And how you held me in your arms that September night
The first time you ever saw me cry.

Maybe this is wishful thinking,
Probably mindless dreaming,
But if we loved again, I swear I'd love you right.

I'd go back in time and change it but I can't.
So if the chain is on your door I understand.

But this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night."
And I go back to December...
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you,
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine.
I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right.
I'd go back to December, turn around and change my own mind

I go back to December all the time.
All the time."

I was taken aback, completely, really not sure where all this came from. I finally looked at the flowers, red roses. My favourite type. I looked back up at the two men in front of me, confused and desperate for answers. One of them pointed to the flowers again and I looked back down. There was a note stuck in the flowers. I pulled it out, careful not to wreck the flowers, and opened it. In front of me, there was a writing that pulled on my heartstrings.

"Alex. I mean it.
I'm sorry. I should never have left you that night.
I should have been there by your side, and I know that.
If I could, I'd go back and stop it.
Because nothing was worth losing you.
Jay x"

Tears welled up in my eyes as how much I missed him hit me. I needed him back in my life, there was no doubt. But I couldn't take him back. I placed the flowers carefully on the counter and thanked the two men before politely asking them to leave. They did so without another word. As soon as the door shut, I was a sobbing mess on the floor, dialing Rian's number. He answered on the second ring and was with me in a matter of minutes. Through my tears, I told him what had happened. I saw his eyes soften as he prepared to tell me his real opinion, which had clearly changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
And I'm gonna leave that there!

So so so so sorry for the long wait guys, I know I'm a terrible author when it come to updating this. I am getting somewhere with this. In case you couldn't work it out, the two guys were Josh and Kellen.

The song was Back To December by Taylor Swift, and it's basically the song that's been getting me through Jack's chapters!

I will update for you guys as soon as I can, but I do have college and stuff...

Comment, subscribe and recommend if you like this!