Status: active

Heroin

everyone

authors note: this a bit of an odd start, it’s an unorthodox kellic fanfic that focuses on other characters as well as kellin and vic, the chapter names reflect on the point of that is being written anyhow, enjoy !!!

Everyone - third person;

Flick.. A small flame ignited from the nearly empty white lighter. Kellin held a cigarette between his lips he moved closer and lit it. He inhaled, and brought the cigarette back down to hold in between the bruised pale hands.

“If all the fighting doesn’t kill you, just know those things will” Jenna mumbled as she pulled back her short dark green hair into a short messy bunny.

“Sooner or later” Kellin smirked at her, he exhaled and tapped the cigarette toward the ground letting the built up ashes fall onto the concrete. Jenna let out a small laugh and playfully pushed him. He laughed with her and threw the cigarette down to the floor and stepping on it.

“My class starts soon. I don’t want to be late, see you after the fights tonight” Jenna’s Australian accent radiated as she walked back into the building. Kellin waved goodbye to his best friend. They had been friends since their sophomore year in high school. Jenna was a foreign exchange student, they trusted each other. Kellin and Jenna became so close they decided to go to the same college. Rather strange considering they are complete opposites Jenna was always popular and outgoing, kind to everyone she met. Kellin on the other hand was shy, slightly aggressive, but very loving some would say even too emotional.

Kellin ran his boney hands through his raven hair, he already had it slicked back but not well or very much, bits and pieces always fell into his face. Days were redundant for him, he was smart and never had to work very hard for anything. Kellin got good grades without even trying. Even now, in his first year at college the nineteen year old wasn’t challenged.

-

Night time was Kellin’s favorite part of the day he walked to the same abandoned parking lot every night. A ring of men cheering and screaming illuminated by a sole streetlight, as he approached Kellin smiled he could hear the bare handed punches against faces and ribs, men being thrown to the ground. He wriggled his way into the crowd and pulled of his shirt. The autumn breeze was cold but he didn’t mind.

“Quinn!” the man in the center of the ring shouted, “you up?” he followed once he got Kellin’s attention. Kellin just nodded and made his way to the middle of the make-shift arena. He guarded his face and began to pace back and fourth to warm himself up as the announcer brought up someone else who was waiting. Finally his opponent stood in front of him, covered in bruises similar to Kellin’s. “Ready… set… go!” the announcer commenced the fight. The strangers looked at each other until the man launched himself at Kellin. Dodging his attack Kellin threw a hard punch back clocking the man right in the nose, the crimson blood dripped onto the already bloodstained pavement. This was an accomplishment for him as he normally didn’t do too well in these fights considering he was so skinny. His ribbed jutted out and his cheekbones well defined. These fights continued as long as the night did.

-

Vic sat at his lowly desk within the police station. He ran his hands through his short hair, he was still a bit insecure after years with long hair. When he joined the force almost a year ago they made him cut it to fit regulation. He typed away into his computer filling out reports. The hispanic man had joined the drug crimes unit because he thought he would be on his feet more, not another cog sitting behind a desk in a mediocre nine to five job.

“Fuentes..” his superior called out to him, “we have a possible 10-50, get your vest on and lets go, pronto” Vic hated when his boss spoke certain words in Spanish, although Vic is half Mexican he is better at english than Spanish but shrugged off the comment because after tedious months he would finally get to go out on a possible drug bust. He strapped in the midnight blue bullet proof vest, reading “police”over his button up shirt. He grabbed his glock, put the weapon into his holster, and got into the car.

-

Jenna laid on Kellin’s dorm room bed lighting and letting go of one of his extra lighters. He normally wasn’t gone this long and she worried about the trouble he could get into. Jenna didn’t want to admit it but Kellin could be a bit psychotic at times, though he wouldn’t talk. He was closed off, too shy for his own good. She was too busy worrying that she decided to walk around the campus. She walked to a small cafe close to school. She went in and bought a coffee, as they were open late. She was the last customer as she ordered her plain black coffee.

“Thanks.. Mike” she spoke softly reading the employee’s name tag and taking her coffee.

He asked what she was doing here so late, and they began to have a conversation. Jenna liked making friends, and was very open.

“So do you go to school here?” he asked curiously.

“I’m a first year, you?” Jenna redirected toward him. She always tried to profile people, she was taking sociology and noticed a lot of human behavior.

“I will be, second semester” he replied, he couldn’t get in the first time around “thanks to my brother though, he’s a cop and knows some people in the administration.”

Jenna sat with Mike and listened, she was still worried about Kellin but at least she had made a new friend, for Jenna new friends usually mean one night stands. This was different.

-

“PIGS!” someone yelled, no one had ever called the police before during a fight night. Kellin was scared and confused. He pulled his shirt back over him and wiped the blood dripping down his chin which didn’t help as his lip was bleeding profusely, he had a scar on the side of his bottom lip that always reopened. The blue and red strobe became brighter and the sirens grew louder. Kellin stood relaxed as everyone ran. He loved adrenaline, thats part of the reason he fought. It didn’t matter that he lost. The squad cars halted to a stop and the police came out with their guns raised.

Kellin looked at the police scanning the crowd. His gaze fell onto the hispanic cop, kind of out of place looking kind of scared, the officer looked back and they held eye contact. Time felt like it froze, but within a few seconds Kellin had to run. He smiled, his teeth covered in blood, and ran as fast as he could. He was forced to stop. The kicks to the ribs and side had taken a toll on his physicality. He stood bent over, holding his hands on his knees panting. Kellin reached into his back pocket and grabbed a cigarette. Lighting it he his mind flashed back to the police officer. He wanted to know more.