Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

10

I laid on my bed with a lazy smile decorating my lips. I was thinking about John and our plan to move in together. I was definitely excited.

Only a few months until that would happen. I only had to wait three more months and I was gone. But John's wanting me to just go with him last night was tempting . Should I have gone? I wanted to, but I knew my dad would be mad. I checked the time, jumping up and throwing on my work clothes, and I rushed out of the house. I got in my car, and i turned on the radio. Instantly, Into Your Arms started, and a huge grin spread on my lips.

I drove to work in relative comfort, and when I arrived, I was greeted by my co-worker, Judy. She was fairly older than myself, but she was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

"Good morning, Katelynn. You look like you're on cloud nine. Who's the boy?" She asked as she wiggled her brows at me. I smiled.

"He's something," I told her. She smiled.

"Alright, well I've got a new shipment of CDs in the back just for you. Think you can handle it?" She asked. I grinned.

"Of course. Just let me stop by my locker real fast," I said. She nodded, and I left her to head to the break room. I sauntered over to my locker, opening it and putting my purse inside before locking it back up. I turned around, finding a box labeled: "CDs," and I walked over to it. I grabbed it, and I lugged it out. I set it down on a cart, and I opened it up, grabbing a few CDs off the top.

My job was fairly easy, you see. All I had to do was stack CDs, Vinyls, video games, and magazines. It was really a simple job, and I loved it. Half an hour into my shift, Judy approached with a smile on her face.

"There's a boy here, says he'd like to talk to you," she said. I nodded, and I looked over her shoulder, spotting John standing at the counter. I set down the CDs I had, and I rushed over to him.

"John!? I thought you were supposed be on a flight! What happened?" I asked. He smiled.

"It got delayed until twelve o'clock. Deal's still up if you want to come with me. I can buy you a ticket," he said. I smiled, and I ran a hand through my hair. Now was my chance. Just up and leave. But I new that I couldn't, no matter how desperate I was to go.

"John, I really can't. I have to stay for just a while longer. I'll see you when you get back, okay?" I asked him. He pouted.

"Don't do that to me. That's not fair," I said. He grabbed my hips and pulled me against him.

"Please?" He asked. I sighed, and I leaned my head on his chest.

"No. Just, have fun, okay?" I asked. I looked up at him, and he nodded before leaning down and kissing me sweetly.

"Okay. I'll see you in June. June," he repeated, and I grinned.

"June. Okay. And John?" I asked. He raised his eyebrows.

"It's only eight o'clock, and I get out of here and nine thirty. You wanna go out on a date or something?" I asked. He smiled.

"I'd love to. I'll stick around," he said. I nodded, and I pecked his lips once more before walking back to my box of CDs.

~~

Once my shift was over, I headed back to the break room with the empty CD box, and Judy took it from me with a smile.

"He's a cutie," she said. I blushed.

"Yeah. He's my best friend," I said as I walked over to my locker. I grabbed my purse out of it, and I shut my locker. I turned around.

"Well good luck on your date," she said. I thanked her, and I left, approaching John, who was leaning against the check out counter. Brian, the cashier, winked at me as John looked up, and I smiled as he took my hand.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded, and we both left. We got in his car, and he drove off.

"Where do you want to go?" John asked me. I hummed.

"We could go to the mall. It's right across, so I'll be close to my car," I suggested. John nodded, and he turned in the direction of the mall.

We walked into the food court, deciding on some Chinese food to settle our stomachs. We ordered, and John paid, and we found a vacant table. We sat down with our food, and we both started to eat.

"I'll offer one more time. Come with me," John said. I sighed, and I looked up at him.

"John," I complained.

"What? We could do it, I swear," he said. I shook my head.

"It's not that," I laughed, "it's the fact that I have a job and I'm at school right now. John, I really want to go with you, but I can't. Not yet." He looked down, and then he reached over to grab my hand, meeting my eyes.

"Okay. June," he said. I smiled.

"June," I repeated with a smile, and he leaned over to press a kiss against my lips. He lingered, bringing a smile to my face, and then he pulled away completely. He released my hand, and we both continued to eat.

After lunch, we left. It was about ten o'clock now, and I didn't want to be the cause of John missing his flight even though he had two and a half hours before he had to be at the airport. He drove me back to work so I could pick up my car, but he followed me over. I sat on the hood of my car, and he stepped between my legs, placing his hands on my hips.

He didn't say anything, just kissed me, and I kissed him back. He pushed me back on the hood, and he climbed over me. I laughed and placed my hands on his face, letting him kiss me again.

"Is that John? It is!" We both looked over at a couple girls who had Dimple Records bags in their hands. They walked over quickly, and John looked at me.

"Katie..." he trailed off. I shook my head with a smile.

"No. It's alright," I said. He smiled and kissed me again before getting off of me and allowing me to sit up. He said hello to the two girls, and they both pulled their CDs out of their bags. They had him sign them, exclaiming that this was the best day of their lives. I sighed as i watched them talk for about five more minutes until they got pictures and left. He turned to face me, and I smiled at him.

"You should probably get going... don't want you to be late," I said. He frowned at me.

"What's wrong, Kate?" He asked. I shrugged. I placed my elbows on my knees and i rested my chin in my hands.

"Katie, don't do this to me. Tell me what's wrong or I'm gonna be worried the whole flight," he said.

"I don't want you to go," I said, flicking my eyes up to his as they filled up with tears. He rested his forehead on mine, and I shut my eyes, the tears falling. John wiped them away, kissing me once more.

"I've got to. I love you, Katelynn," he said. I looked at him.

"I love you too," I told him. He smiled, kissed me softly, and he walked over to his car. I watched him leave, and I stuffed my face in my hands.

When I deemed myself okay to drive, I got in my car, and I shut the stereo off. I pulled out of the parking lot, and I drove home.

I missed him already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww poor Kate.

I hope you guys enjoy! :)