Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

12

He meant it. John wanted me to be his girlfriend. That still doesn't explain why he went and got drunk and then cried about me in front of a ton of people, but hey. Whatever floats his boat.

"But why'd you get drunk?" I asked him. He sighed and I could tell he was uncomfortable.

"Promise me you won't get mad," he said.

"Okay..." I said slowly.

"I slept with a girl a few hours after my flight landed and I regretted it, so I got drunk and called you," he said. I widened my eyes.

"You slept with someone?" I asked, my voice quiet.

"Yeah," he said.

"I thought..." I trailed off. I really didn't know how to react. We weren't dating, so it wasn't like he cheated on me or anything. But I felt hurt for some reason.

"You were my first kiss and then you go and fuck some other girl?" I asked. I felt bad for putting him on the spot.

"Katie... I'm sorry. But I didn't mean for it to happen... it just happened," he said, "And you promised you wouldn't get mad."

"How can I just be happy about that, John? I don't want to hear about your sex life. Just be hopeful you didn't get her pregnant," I snapped, and I hung up on him.

The whole rest of the month, I ignored John and every phone call and text. I simply didn't want to talk to him. For all I knew, him and that girl were going out on dates and fucking occasionally.

Little did I know, that that's exactly what they were doing.

John's POV~~

Cristina and I were dating now, I guess you could say. I had asked her to be my girlfriend after Katie had ignored me for about the tenth time, so I said fuck it, and Cristina and I have been together for about three weeks now.

I really, genuinely liked Cristina, though. She was beautiful and mysterious in a way that made you want to learn more about her. And I did.

I stopped calling and texting Katie. Instead, all of my time went to Cristina. She was with us on tour, and I even let her come with me on stage to sing Into Your Arms. We'd sing it to each other, though when we played the song, my heart ached for Kate back in California.

The first of May came with a beautiful Spring day. I woke up with Cristina sleeping peacefully beside me, and I smiled at her. She truly was fascinating.

The fans loved her, too. They couldn't get enough of her. However, I kept all of mine and Kate's pictures on my phone. Cristina never asked to look through it, and I never asked to look through hers, because I was fairly confident we were just fine. What I didn't know wouldn't kill me.

However, I found myself thinking about Katie this morning, and I wished she wouldn't have ignored me like she did.

"Baby?" Cristina asked from beside me. I looked over at her with a smile, and she kissed me sweetly.

"Hey. Good morning beautiful," I said. She smiled. She rolled out of bed, and I stared at her ass as she walked to the bathroom. When the door closed, I rolled over on my side, facing the motel window, and I sighed.

~~

That night on stage, I didn't invite Cristina out. Instead, I played the song on my keyboard by myself, my heart desperate for Katie. When I finished the song, I took a deep breath and gripped the microphone, and I put on a smile for the cameras that were on me.

"I just wanted to let you all know that you're all fucking beautiful," I said, and the crowd erupted into screams that pierced my ears.

After the show, I blew Cristina off and headed to the van, and I curled up in the passenger seat, and I called Katie. Like usual, it went to her voicemail, and I groaned in frustration.

Kate's POV~~

I let John's call go to voicemail. I didn't want to talk to him. I've seen the videos on YouTube of him and Cristina singing the song he wrote for me while they stared at each other, like they were totally in love, and it hurt to know I wasn't in her place. And the crowd loved her. They were always chanting her name, and it made my blood boil.

"Hey Kate, I've got a phone call for you," my dad said as he stepped into my room. I took the phone, and I held it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, as if I wasn't annoyed and pissed off.

"Katelynn, listen to me. And don't you dare hang up on me," John said. His voice made me frown and I waved at my dad to leave.

"What."

"I know that you're mad-"

"I'm furious!" I interrupted. John just sighed.

"Let me finish. I miss you, Katelynn," he said.

"Yeah right. Spare me, O'Callaghan. I don't want to fucking hear it," I snapped, and I went to end the call.

"Wait!" He called, and I let out a frustrated groan.

"What?" I asked.

"I love you," he said. I scoffed, and ended the call. I found my dad in the kitchen, and I handed him his phone.

"Thanks, but next time he calls, tell him I don't want to talk to him," I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"He's got a girlfriend. Is that reason enough, because I really want to go back to my room," I said. My dad nodded, and I left. Once the door was closed, I walked over to my bed and collapsed onto it. Penelope stared at me as my eyes filled with angry tears. I just turned out the light and curled up into a ball, and I cried myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So John has a girlfriend. Who knew? Lol

Enjoy, my loves! <3