Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

18

"You're engaged? Since when?" My dad asked, his jaw agape. John grabbed my hand, and I smiled at him.

"This morning... You're not mad are you?" I asked. My dad sighed.

"Don't you think you're a little young? I mean... you just graduated from high school, Katelynn. You're... I don't know what to say. Do you really want this?" He asked. I looked down at the floor, unsure of what to say. However, I didn't get the chance to say anything because Jennifer walked through the front door with Drew in tow.

"Katelynn! Hi!" Jennifer said cheerfully. I gave her a small smile, feeling Drew's eyes bore into me.

"Jennifer, Drew, sit down! Katelynn and John have some very... very exciting news," my dad said half heartedly. They both took a seat on the couch on either side of my dad, and they looked at me expectantly. I let out a sigh as I looked up at John. He smiled sweetly at me.

"We're engaged," John said. Drew hard stared John, and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Drew.. do you have a problem, or something? Because-"

"Yeah, Katelynn. I've got a problem with this," he said. I widened my eyes and gripped John's arm.

"Why?" My dad asked.

"I just do, alright?" He asked, and he stormed out of the room. I frowned, and John and I stood up together.

"We're gonna head out. We'll see you guys later," John said. I nodded.

"Tell Kyle that we said hi," I told my dad, and he nodded. John and I left, and we walked down the drive together. John stopped me right in front of the car, and he kissed me sweetly.

"You know what?" He asked when he pulled away. I raised my eyebrows.

"Hmm?"

"I think that," John paused to kiss me, "that you are amazing. Let's get you home." I smiled.

"Sounds like a plan," I said softly. John opened the passenger door for me, and I got in the car. He closed the door and then rounded the front of the car, getting in the driver's side. He shut the door just as some rain drops landed on the windshield. I took a deep breath and yawned as John started the car.

"A nice rainy day sounds really nice," I said. John pulled away from the curb.

"Now that you mention it, it actually kind of does," John agreed. I smiled, and I reached over and laced my fingers through his.

~~

When we pulled into the apartment parking lot, it was pouring rain.

"Babe, you have an umbrella in here somewhere?" I asked. John turned the car off, the only sound to be heard was the pounding of the rain on the car and the pavement outside.

"No. I should probably get one though, huh?" John asked. I smiled and nodded. I glanced out the window, letting out a gasp.

"Oh my god," I said. I pushed the door open, and I stepped out into the heavy rain, getting soaked almost instantly. John followed me as I ran over to my car.

"EUGENE!" I yelled over the rain, catching his attention. John placed his hands on my waist, and he shielded me from some of the rain. Eugene was crouching beside my car, but I wasn't totally sure what he was up to. But he stood up, and he glared at John.

There was a flash of lightning and a clap of thunder, and Eugene ran off. John pulled me closer into his arms, and I looked up at him.

"You know, I've never been kissed in the rain," I said loudly so he could hear. John smiled and ran his hands through my wet hair, and he moved it out of my face.

"Well... maybe that's something we should fix," John said, and he attached his lips onto mine. I kissed him hungrily, and he cupped my jaw in his cold hands.

A loud honk made us jump apart, and I held my chest as I stared at the driver through the windshield. John laughed, and I recognized the face that was grinning back at me. It was Pat.

"Come on!" John called to me, and I ran over to him. We ran around to the bed of the truck, and John helped me up before climbing in beside me. I laughed and threw my arms around his neck, and I kissed him, meeting his tongue with mine. The truck moved before coming to a halt, jerking John and I forward. I laughed and cupped his face, flipping them all off through the back window. John hopped out, and he pulled the driver side door open, and he pulled Pat out of his seat.

I roared with laughter as John pulled him further into the rain. I jumped out of the truck, and I jogged over to John and Pat. They were both laughing their asses off, and John released Pat, pulling me into his arms.

"We're going to head in," John said to Pat, and we both walked up to the building. We entered the lobby, soaking the carpet and we shuffled over to the elevator.

~~

We stepped into my room, and I locked the door behind the both of us. John grinned down at me.

"C'mon. I'm freezing," I said as I dragged John to the bathroom. He chuckled and I pressed a loving kiss to his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet. :)