Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

19

John and I listened to the rain pitter patter outside as we lounged on the couch by the window. The window was cracked open several inches, and I had my arm resting on the armrest with John pressed up against my back.

There was a slight breeze that brushed past my face, and I shivered, causing John to squeeze me tighter. He hummed in my ear, and I smiled.

"You're amazing," John said quietly. I turned to face him, and I kissed his lips softly. I went to pull away, but John cupped my face and pulled me back in for another kiss. Our lips moved together slowly, and I met his tongue with mine. The kiss was slow; the kiss was perfect. It was one of those kisses that made your heart beat real fast at the intensity of it.

John broke the kiss moments later, his lips meeting against the skin on my neck. I relaxed, my head finding the couch, and I allowed myself to close my eyes. I was in complete and utter bliss.

Until the phone rang. My eyes shot open and I slowly leaned over John to grab it. I accepted the call, not knowing who it was from.

"Hello?" I asked as I leaned back against John. A cold, steely laugh made me shiver.

"Hi, Katie." I recognized the voice as Eugene's, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why are you calling me?" I demanded sharply, sitting up a little straighter. He laughed again, sending shivers down my spine.

"I just wanted to let you know that I have. The. Perfect. Shot," He said maliciously. My eyes widened.

"John! Get down!" I exclaimed as Eugene hung up. He looked at me in confusion as I myself slid down to the floor. I had no time to explain, so I pulled him down next to me just before the window shattered above us. We both covered our heads as glass rained down upon us. I had my eyes shut tight, and when I heard the noisy ruckus of the glass stop, I lifted my head up, examining the area around us.

John and I looked over at each other simultaneously, our breathing heavy.

"Holy shit," he breathed, his eyes wide. He went to stand up, but I gripped his arm tightly.

"Don't. He's probably waiting for one us to show ourselves so he can get another shot," I said. John nodded and swallowed thickly.

"What do we do?" He asked. That part I didn't know; I was stuck.

"I'm not sure. We could wait it out. I've got my phone, you've got yours, and my door is locked. I think we'll be okay for now," I said. As much as we both didn't like the choice of having to wait, I felt like it was necessary.

We didn't need someone to die tonight. That much I knew for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but I needed to get something up. Enjoy! :)