Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

2

"Katelynn? Where's John?" My dad asked me when I walked into the kitchen.

"He's upset with me. Said he'd see me tomorrow. Not a big deal," I said with a shrug.

"Are you sure? You guys are never mad at each other," he said. I nodded.

"Yeah. I'm sure. So when's dinner gonna be ready?" I asked.

"Soon. Just wait. Go get washed up," he told me. I headed upstairs to the bathroom, quickly washing my hands and drying them. I looked at myself in the mirror, frowning before grabbing my makeup remover. I quickly scrubbed my face, removing as much makeup as I could get off before I was called down for dinner. I put my hair up in a bun as I headed down the stairs.

I reached the kitchen, and I served myself a plate before slumping down in my chair. I sighed and started to eat, just wanting to go to bed. I looked down at my plate all throughout dinner, not wanting to really look at anyone.

"Katelynn... you and me after dinner, okay?" My dad asked. I sighed and nodded as I finished up my dinner and left for my room. I closed my door behind me, and I threw myself on my bed with a groan.

It seemed like half an hour passed before my dad came up to my room. He knocked lightly before pushing the door open. I didn't move. He just closed the door behind him and walked over, sitting down on my bed.

"What's wrong? You and John are best friends. Inseparable. He's never made you act like this before, so what's going on?" My dad asked. I rolled over and sat up, pulling my legs up against my chest.

"I don't know. Do you remember that deal him and I made that I told you about when we were freshmen?" I asked. My dad lolled his head to the side and looked at me.

"That's what this is about? Gosh, Katelynn," my dad said. I glared at him.

"If you'd let me explain. We were at his house today, and I told John I was bored. Then he reminded me of the deal and he got super close to me, but I didn't want to kiss him because I haven't had my first kiss yet, and then he started acting all weird and I'm afraid it's going to take a toll on our friendship," I said. My dad placed a hand on my shoulder, and he removed his glasses.

"Sounds like what you guys have got is more than just a friendship, dear. I think the boy is in love with you," he said. I froze and looked up.

"You can't seriously think that's true," I said. My dad shrugged.

"I don't know. It might. You just have to discuss it. I know you've been friends since first grade. I met your mom when I was a freshman-"

"Don't talk about her. Please?" I asked. He sighed.

"Katelynn. It's been a year already," he said.

"That's the thing, dad. It's only been a year. Why are you over it so quickly?" I asked. He sighed.

"I was going to wait to tell you... But I think now's appropriate. I actually met someone. We've been together for about five months," he said. My jaw dropped.

"You met a girl FIVE months ago and you're telling me now!?" I asked, "Tell me she's not moving in."

"Actually... we're getting married," he said. My eyes filled with warm tears. How could he!? Just get engaged to a girl without telling me or my brother.

"Get out," I mumbled, turning away from him. He sighed, but he did as I said. He mumbled an "I love you" before he closed the door, leaving me all alone. I covered my face as the tears fell fast down my face. I felt betrayed by my own father.

There was a soft knock on my bedroom window, and I knew who it was. I looked up, standing up and walking over to the window. I opened it and removed the screen, and John crawled through. I put the screen back in when he was in my room, and I closed my window before turning back to him.

"How long-?" I was interrupted by John kissing me. I didn't know what to do, so I kissed him back. He pulled me close to him, and I clung onto the jacket he was wearing, just wanting to be close to him. He pulled away after several more seconds, and I looked up at him.

"John-"

"That was for earlier," he said, taking a deep breath. I blushed, pulling him close to me as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I hugged him tightly as I wiped my face, but the tears kept coming.

"What's wrong?" He asked, as if he hadn't just kissed me. I pulled away from him, and I pulled him into my bed.

"You'll never believe me," I said.

"C'mon. Tell me. JohnO really wants to know," John said with a pout. I glanced at his lips before looking him in the eyes. I took a deep breath.

"My dad's getting married. To a girl I haven't even met yet," I said, feeling the warm tears spill over again. I wrapped my arms around myself and shut my eyes.

"Oh. Katie," John said. He scooted closer and pulled me into his arms.

"I got a call today from the drummer of that band. I have to go in tomorrow. They're desperate for a singer so they can start recording an EP. Do you want to come with me?" He asked. I looked up at him through the tears.

"Self promoting yourself, are you, O'Callaghan?" I asked, making him laugh.

"You're the best, Katie," John said.

"Yeah. I'll go with you. And... can I try something?" I asked. He nodded, and I turned to face him. I leaned in, not sure if I should kiss him again, but John made my decision for me by pulling me close and pressing his lips against mine. I placed my hands on his face, kissing him slowly so I could do it right.

"You're... a really.... really good..... kisser," John said between kisses, making me blush again. He pulled me into his lap, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He pushed me back against my pillows, hovering over me, his hazel eyes gazing into my own hazel eyes.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He asked. I just stared at him.

"Katie? Kate!"

"Katelynn! Wake up!" I opened my eyes, groaning as I did so.

"What?" I asked, still mad. I wasn't sure how much of my dream was real and what wasn't. I sat up, glaring at my father.

"I know you're still mad. But I do want you and Kyle to meet her. Her name's Jennifer, if that helps," he said. So my dad was engaged. That means that the part about John and I making out didn't happen. Good.

I stood up and ignored him, heading to the bathroom so I could get ready for school. I took a shower, got dressed and did literally everything else before John was knocking on my door. I was hesitant to see him, mostly because my dream was still fresh. I grabbed my backpack, and I opened the front door, instantly meeting his smiling face.

"Hi," I said quietly. I stepped out, closing the door behind me. We walked together down the drive in silence. Usually there'd be some sort of banter between us. Not today.

"What's wrong?" John asked once we were in the car. I looked at him, and immediately my face heated up. Great. Now I can't look at him without blushing. John looked at me peculiarly.

"Why... are you blushing?" He asked slowly, and I looked away, extremely embarrassed.

"Nothing," I muttered, crossing my arms and leaning my head against the window.

"Are you embarrassed about last night?" John asked. Fear wrenched through my gut, and I looked over at him.

"What happened last night?" I asked. John chuckled.

"You don't remember?" He asked.

"No John I don't remember. Just tell me," I said. He shrugged.

"I had to stop you from ripping my clothes off, is what happened. Didn't know you felt that way, Katie," he said, his voice soft.

"God damn it," I muttered.

"Don't worry. I didn't let you kiss me either, because I'm not the right guy, remember?" He asked, the hurt clear in his voice. I felt like I was going to be sick. He pulled into the school parking lot, and he found a space, parking and turning off the car. However, I was out of the car before he could even say anything else.

I didn't get very far before I collapsed against a wall, shoving my face into my arms before letting out a sob.

"Katie! It was a fucking joke!" John yelled. He approached me, and he crouched down. I looked up at him with a glare.

"That's not what I'm upset about. But you just had to open your mouth. Fuck off," I spat. John just sighed and pulled me up off the ground.

"Tell me what's wrong. I'll even buy you coffee after school. It looks like it's going to rain today," John said. I glared at him as I dried my face.

"My dad's getting married," I told him.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little dramatic. Haha whatever.