Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

20

John and I were cuddled up together in his bed. After having been shot at, I'd decided that I no longer wished to live there just because Eugene knew where I lived. But he didn't know where John lived and that's what mattered most to me. He'd been put in jail, and that was all I needed for reassurance that John and I were safe.

"You know," John muttered, his lips grazing my neck, "you should come on the road with me." I closed my eyes and smiled as John pressed a full kiss against my neck. He rolled over me, one hand on my hip, the other on my jaw, and he kissed me rather roughly. Our lips moved together quickly, and I brought my left hand up and placed it on the back of John's neck. John moved the hand he had on my hip up my shirt, and he rested it just below my bra.

He bit my bottom lip, and I let out a quiet moan. John pulled back and smiled at me. He straddled my waist, and I ran my hands through my hair.

"I think..." I trailed off, grabbing a fist full of John's white t-shirt, and I pulled him down so he was inches from my face, "I would love to go with you on the road." John grinned.

"Really? You would?" He asked. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Yeah."John laughed and pressed a soft kiss against my lips. We smiled at each other until there was a knock at the front door. John stood up, pulling me up with him, and I followed him to the door, my arm around his waist. He pulled the door open, and his mom smiled and waved at us.

"Katelynn! I didn't know you'd be here!" His mom exclaimed. I smiled and let my arm drop.

"Yeah! It's nice to see you!" I said back happily. John let her in, and he closed the door behind her. She grinned at me and pulled me into a quick hug which I returned.

"John, honey, we need to talk," his mom said, and he followed her into the kitchen. I sighed and sat down on the couch, pulling my phone out of my pocket as I did so.

Several minutes later, I heard a shriek, and I rushed into the kitchen to see John's mom looking startled.

"Everything okay in here!?" I asked, taking a few steps toward John himself.

"You guys are engaged!?" His mom asked loudly. My face reddened considerably, and I wrung my hands together awkwardly. I looked up at John, noticing his cheeks were a little pink as well.

"Well... Yeah. But we were planning on waiting a while since we're so young," John said. His mom looked furious.

"John Cornelius O'Callaghan V! I can't-!"

"Mom! Calm down, would you?" John asked. She quieted down, and John pulled me against his side, kissing me lovingly.

"Awe," she muttered, causing me to smile into the kiss.

~~

When she left, John and I collapsed onto the couch.

"She's a handful sometimes," John muttered. I looked over at him and laughed.

"What'd she want, anyway?" I asked. He shrugged.

"She's just gonna be watchin' the place when we're not here," he said. I smiled.

"Does that mean we're leaving soon?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah. In a couple of weeks, actually," John said. I grinned.

I didn't have to worry about John cheating on me if I was with him on tour, and that alone made me feel better.

~~

The next couple of weeks were spent packing. John's mom was full of worry, telling us to be safe and to not do anything stupid. Of course we knew better, and we told her we wouldn't do anything we would regret.

So when Jared pulled up in the van, Jenny was quick to pull her son into a tight hug. She hugged me next and watched as we loaded our belongings into the trunk. We got in the van, John letting me in first, so I'd be sitting next to Pat and himself.

"What's up, guys?" Jared asked as John pulled the door closed.

"Not much. Ready to kick this tour in the ass," John said as he and I buckled ourselves up. Jared then pulled away from the apartment and onto the road.

"So who are you touring with?" I asked. John snaked his left arm around my waist, and I leaned into him.

"It's just us and All Time Low. Kind of a small tour," Garrett piped up from the front. I nodded, and Garrett proceeded to turn on some music.

~~

The first stop was actually here in Arizona; a small venue on the outskirts of Phoenix. We'd be staying in a cheap hotel for the night, and then the guys would have their show the next day, and then we'd move on to the next stop.

Before John could let me out of the van, and it was just the two of us, he said quietly, "take the ring off." I looked at him peculiarly.

"Why?" I asked softly.

"I don't want to make a big scene out of it since we're no where near ready to get married," he said. I nodded and slipped the ring off of my finger, and I slipped it into the left pocket on my flannel. I then followed John out of the van and grabbed his hand as we walked after the guys into the hotel. Tim was just handing out room keys when we walked up.

"Ahh, just in time," he said, handing John our room key.

"Alright, you guys know the drill. Up to bed," he said, and we all departed to the elevator.

When John got our room door open, I followed him in and almost drooled at the sight of the bed. It looked like heaven on a mattress.

And boy, was it.

It was the softest thing I'd laid on in a while.

"Ohh, babe. Come join me. This is amazing," I sighed, rolling onto my back and sighing. I kicked my shoes off as John hovered over me.

"You're fuckin' adorable," he said, and he kissed me before laying beside me and pulling me against him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow it's been a quick minute since I've updated, hasn't it? I'm so fukin sorry lol
Enjoy :)