Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

21

The next morning, I was awoken by John's phone ringing on the nightstand by his head. I groaned and rubbed my face before all of a sudden the ringing stopped and was followed my John's voice.

"Hello?" He asked, his voice groggy. I decided to tune out his conversation, and I rolled out of bed. I sauntered tiredly to the hotel bathroom and locked myself in, starting up the shower.

Twenty minutes later, I was fully dressed and ready to leave for whatever we were doing today, and I was rather excited.

"We're meeting the guys and Tim at the venue, first," John told me as we grabbed our belongings. We left the room and headed down the hall towards the elevator. John and I were the only people in it, so I took this opportunity to kiss him full on the lips. We made out and I teased John until the elevator stopped, and I pulled away from him. I snickered and walked off, feeling proud of myself for making him flustered. Eventually though, John followed me and we headed outside to the van, where everyone was waiting for us.

"Hey. Tim's already at the venue," Kennedy informed us as John and I climbed into the two vacant seats. John shut the door and we sped off.

A few minutes later, I felt John's breath on my neck, and I jerked my head in his direction.

"I'm gonna get you back, you know," he whispered in my ear. I just shrugged.

"Okay," I said nonchalantly, assuming he'd forget about it as the day wore on.

When we arrived at the venue, there was a beautiful bus waiting for us. (I know they didn't have a bus that early but shh they do now). Tim spotted the van and grinned as we all walked over to him.

"Alright. This is our bus for the next couple of months, alright? There is a bunk for each and every one of you. No sharing bunks," he eyed John and me, "because they're small and no one wants to hear you have sex. Alright, every one on! We're going to do a headcount and assign bunks," Tim announced.

We all filed onto the bus and Tim did a head count of everyone, including the crew and himself. Next, he pulled out a piece of paper that resembled a seating chart, and I realized he'd picked our bunks for us.

"Alright. This is a chart with your bunk and your name. Here we go. Right front top, Jared.... left back bottom, John.... left back middle, Katelynn.... Right middle middle, Pat.... left middle middle, Kennedy.... left front bottom, Garrett." Tim then moved onto the crew and himself as the six of us filed back to the lounge. John and I walked all the way to the back left, and John smirked at me.

At least we're close to each other," I said. John laughed and tossed his stuff in his bunk, and I copied his actions.

"We'll still have sex," John said out of earshot to anyone else but me. My face reddened at his words and I stalked off, ready for what the day would bring.

---

It was a few hours later, and I had been assigned to help out with the merch during the show later tonight. I had no problem with that.

As much as I wanted to wear my engagement ring, I couldn't, so I improvised and carried it in my flannel pocket at all times: the one I was currently wearing while I helped set the merch up inside the venue.

Turned out, John hadn't forgotten, and he was walking around shirtless, his pants low on his hips. He'd walked by the merch table several times already, and though I pretended not to notice, I was getting a bit flustered. He'd wink at me and I'd go beet red. John was good, I'd give him that.

When show time rolled around, I sat myself down at the merch table, glad to have a perfect view of the stage. We were actually raised up a bit higher than the normal ground so we could see over everyone's heads. It was quite nice.

Pat was the first person onstage. He sat down at his drum kit as the crowd cheered him on, and I grinned. This was the first time I'd be seeing John perform, and so I was quite excited. Pat was followed by Kennedy, Garrett, Jared, and a shirtless John, and they jumped into their first song.

Half a set later, John was the only one on stage, a sole acoustic guitar in his hands. He started strumming the guitar, and I looked at him peculiarly.

"This song is for someone who's very special to me. If you know it, sing it," John said into the mic. I grinned.

When John started singing Into Your Arms, he was almost drowned out by the crowd, and I saw him grin to himself. I watched in awe, my eyes focused solely on my best friend and boyfriend.

I thought back to my dad's wedding, and the night back at the hotel with John after we kissed, and a smile spread on my lips. And then I thought back to the tearful goodbye we had at the airport after Christmas. We were so in love with each other, and it had me grinning like a fool.

After their set, John walked up to the merch table where I as sitting, and he joined me as All Time Low took the stage. There wasn't another chair, so John had me sit on his lap. I turned so we were facing each other, and I smiled down at him.

"I love you," I said, and John grinned as he pulled me into a kiss.