Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

23

Seven Years Later-

I was 26, almost 27, and managing my own record store, called Kate's Records. Kind of a lame name, but I wasn't too creative with the name, nor did I think too hard or put much time into it. I was just desperate to get it going. Of course, I didn't just sell records. I had CDs, magazines, books, video games, etc. Overall, it was the best decision I'd ever made. Of course, I missed John, my best friend, like fuckin' crazy, but I didn't know how to find him or contact him. It was 2017. I hadn't kept in contact with any of the guys, but I did sell their music at my store.

I always got a pang of guilt in my chest whenever I got a shipment that had their music in it. It was apparent that they were successful, and they'd probably forgotten all about me.

I was located in Phoenix, Arizona, my hometown. I couldn't stay away from the memories, and they haunted me daily.

The bell above the door rang, and I looked up from my spot in front of the register. I closed my book and rounded the counter to ask if the person needed any help. Four people followed this guy in and i smiled at him.

"Hi. Could I help you find anything?" I asked, clasping my hands together as they all looked at me.

"Yeah um... I was wondering if you had any albums by The Maine in stock by chance?" My body froze. This guy didn't look familiar though, so I was a little relieved.

"Yeah. Which one did you have in mind? And would you like a CD or a Vinyl?" I asked. He finally removed his round rimmed sunglasses, pushing them up into his hair. He smiled at me sweetly.

"CD please," he said, and I nodded.

"Follow me..." I trailed off for his name.

"Nick," he said, and I nodded and led him to the M's of the alternative section.

"They're all right here," I said, and I returned to his friends that were waiting by the door.

"Would you guys like help finding anything?" I asked the remaining four guys. I looked at them each individually, and something seemed familiar about them all. The last guy caught my full attention.

"John?" I asked, taking a step back away from them all. His eyes met my own, and we stared each other down.

"Katelynn..." My heart skipped a beat, and I didn't know what to say or do.

"Wait do you two know each other?" One of the other guys asked. John completely ignored this guy.

"Oh my god!" I announced, and we both stepped closer to hug each other tightly. After several seconds, John stepped out of the hug, and he looked at me sadly.

"God I've missed you terribly," he said, and he kissed me desperately. I melted into him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him impossibly closer against me. I pulled away and sighed, resting my forehead against his.

"Wow," I said breathlessly, and John and I chuckled. Quite the reunion, I'd say.

"What're you doing John?" The one, Nick, asked. We both looked over at him, and we stepped away from each other, realizing how awkward this must be for his friends. Nick fiddled with the CD in his hands as John cleared his throat.

"This is Katelynn," John announced.

"Wait," one of them said, and the longer haired man standing in the back stepped forward.

"Pat!" I squealed, and I rushed forward, pulling him into a tight hug. He hugged me back excitedly.

"Oh my god this is actually the best day of my life," I gushed. I looked at the other three men and smiled.

"Katelynn is the one I told you about... you know... when The Maine first started and she was my best friend since first grade. How I haven't seen her in seven years," John told the three guys.

"Ahh how you told us y'all fucked on her couch that one time and got caught?" Nick asked.

"You told them that!?" I asked John, feeling rather annoyed.

"No the guys did. I was too embarrassed to deny it," John mumbled as he crossed his arms.

"Well.. yeah that's me," I said awkwardly.

"Well, we should probably get going," Nick said, and we walked over to the register, and I rang up his purchase. John stayed back as the others left.

"We definitely need to catch up," John said.

"Yeah," I said softly, smiling lovingly at him. He pulled his iPhone out of his pocket and handed it to me, and I assumed he wanted me to give him my number, which I happily obliged to.

"Call me sometime.. soon," I said, and John put his phone back into his pocket. That's when I noticed how different he looked. He was more masculine, and he had less hair. He was fucking attractive and it was impossible for me not to stare at him.

"Tomorrow is valentine's day ya know, darlin'," John said. My heart melted.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" I asked immediately before I could even process what I was saying. John gave me a handsome grin.

"How could I ever say no to you? I'll text you.. or call you later," he said, and I nodded, smiling.

"Okay," I said, and he pulled his sunglasses off the white t-shirt he was wearing, and he walked out of my record store, the bell signaling his exit. I turned around in a circle and I squealed, I know. I was annoying. But for good reason because I had a date for valentine's day for the first time in my life. And to think, my date was the one person I never thought I'd see ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo two in one day!!!!! that never happens anymore lol