Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

27

Spending time with John was effortless. It was blissful, very much my favorite thing to do. I was often never home unless he had to go out of town, which he currently was, so I made my way back home. I didn't mind his going out of town, although I missed him a ton. He always called me at least once a day to check up and hear about my days, telling me about his as well. I loved listening to him talk, I could listen for hours.

I walked through my front door, closing it behind me and kicking off my shoes. I hadn't felt the best this morning, blaming it on the take out we'd had the night before, as I'd woken up with an upset stomach. I made my way over to the couch, plopping down onto it and pulling a blanket over me. I felt chilly and feverish, unsure of if it really was from the food. Maybe John had given me a cold unknowingly. I curled up on the couch, just feeling bad for myself, when John called me. I answered.

"Hey.." I said weakly.

"Are you okay?" John inquired, sounding concerned.

"I feel like shit... do you feel okay? I think the food last night fucked me up."

"I feel fine, my love. Do you need me to send you something? Medicine or anything?" John asked sweetly. I groaned.

"No, I have stuff here," I replied, turning over onto my other side.

"Get some rest, sweetheart, you need it. I love you, call me when you're awake."

"Okay, I love you too," I said, sad he was getting off the phone but also relieved because it meant I could take care of myself sooner.

~The next day~

I woke up, slowly sitting up. I felt delirious. I looked around the dark room, feeling light headed and thirsty. I stood up and slowly made my way out to the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of water. I sipped at it, noting how much better I felt today, but still not feeling like myself. Maybe it wasn't sickness, or else I'd still feel it, right? I recalled the night before when I'd barely made it to the toilet in time to throw up. Maybe that was what made me feel better? Surely not? I pulled out my phone and checked the date, and I panicked, a sense of dread overcoming me that made my knees weak. My period was late. I'd been having so much fun with John I hadn't even noticed. I felt like a fucking idiot.

I made my way to the bathroom, yanking open the cabinet doors in frustration. How could I have been so foolish! It's no fucking wonder I'd get pregnant. I grabbed a box of pregnancy tests seeing only one in the box. Who knew how old it was, but my fingers crossed it would work. I sat down on the toilet and did my business, setting the test down on a tissue on the counter afterwards. I set a 3 minute timer on my phone and left the room, feeling disappointed in myself.

"I know he's hot, Katie but you can't just let him get you pregnant," I grumbled to myself as I made my way back to the kitchen to finish my water. I sat down and waited impatiently, my foot tapping the floor rapidly. The timer went off and I stood up and made my way all the way back to the bathroom, and I looked at the test. It was positive.

I felt my mood change. All of a sudden I wasn't angry with myself anymore. If this test was accurate, I was honestly somehow happy?

"I can't be pregnant with John's baby... that would be too good to be true." I muttered. I jumped at the vibration of my phone ringing, seeing it was John himself. What was I supposed to tell him!?
♠ ♠ ♠
just a short one for now :)