Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

5

(In advance: sorry for the time skips so soon! It's necessary!!)

The whole rest of the month I spent alone, locked up in my room. I only came out to go to school or to eat or anything else, but as soon as I was done with whatever it was, I'd come back up and wallow.

I kept away from Drew whenever he was over. He'd always stare at me or follow me upstairs to my room. He'd sit outside and talk to me about things I didn't care about, and the only way to drown him out was to put some music on.

So, on the first of December, when Drew kept knocking on my door, I'd just about had enough. I stormed over to my door, unlocking it and yanking it open.

"What the fuck do you want!? Leave me alone!" I yelled. He sneered. He leaned forward.

"Make me," he said. At that, I slammed the door in his face and locked it again, hearing him yelp. Good. He deserved to get hit in the face with a door. I grabbed my phone, and I quickly packed up my backpack full of clothes and necessities. I walked over to my window, watching the rain beat down on the roof just outside.

If John could get up, I could get down.

I took a deep breath and opened the window, removing the screen, and I stepped out, putting my hood over my head. I leant the screen inside against the wall, and I slid the window shut. I crawled over to the edge, not exactly knowing how I'd get down without hurting myself. The tree seemed too far away. But alas, I grabbed hold of the branch, and I squeezed my eyes shut as I pulled myself off of the roof. I moved closer to the trunk, and when my feet finally found it, I squeezed myself into the form of the trunk. I was much closer to the ground now, so I jumped off, and in the process, my hood fell off. But that was the least of my worries. Then, I sprinted off down the street.

When I reached John's house, I was completely soaked and frozen to the bone. I jogged up to his door, knowing that he was home alone today. I knocked frantically on the door, shivering violently. The door was pulled open, and John stared at me.

"Hi," I said quietly. He smiled and pulled me inside.

"You ran here?" He asked me, closing the door behind me.

"Yeah... I uh.. had t-to," I said. He made me remove my backpack, and he unzipped it.

"I'm gonna put these in the dryer. Go get changed so you don't get sick," he said. I nodded, removing my jacket, and I handed it to him. He took it, and I sprinted up the stairs to his room. I grabbed a jacket and some sweats from his drawers, removing my d shirt and pants along with my shoes and socks. I pulled John's clothes on, hugging myself to get warmer, and I carried my wet clothes and shoes down so he could dry them. He gladly took them, started the dryer, and escorted me into the living room.

"You want a towel to dry your hair?" He asked. I only nodded, and he left to get one for me. When he returned, I took the towel and immediately started to dry my hair.

"Why did you come over, Kate?" John asked. I sighed.

"Drew. He was sitting outside of my room, being a complete creep, so I hit him in the face with the door and left out of my window," I said, not looking at John. He sighed and took the towel from me, and he dried my hair for me.

"How long has he been doing it? And why haven't you told your dad?" John asked. I took a deep breath.

"I tried. He wouldn't have it," I said. John set the towel down next to him, and I turned to face him. He pulled me in for a hug, and I relaxed against him.

"I missed you," I whispered. He hummed.

"Oh! I've gotten some songs written! Do you want to see?" John asked. I nodded, and he retreated upstairs, returning shortly with notebook. He opened it and removed one of them before handing me the notebook.

"What's that one?" I asked, pointing to the one in his hands.

"Oh. It's not finished yet. But all of those ones are," he said. I nodded, and I looked over the songs.

"These are really good. I can't wait to hear them. Especially that one," I said, gesturing to the one he wouldn't let me see. He smiled and took the notebook back, and he set it aside.

"We actually just finished up the EP, so we're gonna be leaving after Christmas," John said.

"My dad and Jennifer are gonna be on their honey moon over Christmas. Can we spend Christmas together one last time?" I asked. John grinned.

"Of course. At yours?" He asked.

"Sounds great," I said. John pressed a kiss against my temple.

"Alright, you look exhausted. Get some sleep. If your dad calls, I'm mad at you and have nothing to do with it," John said. I smiled and nodded, and I headed up to his room, and I laid on his bed, pulling the covers over me.

~~

I woke up and stretched, emitting a quiet groan.

"Morning," John said, and I jumped as I looked over at him. He grinned at me from across the room.

"Is it actually morning?" I asked. He nodded.

"It's the weekend, don't worry. You don't have to go anywhere," he said. I smiled and stood up.

"Clothes?" I asked. He reached behind him and grabbed my dry backpack, and I took it, my other bra falling to the floor. I snatched it up and looked at John, his cheeks slightly pink.

"It's just a bra, John. Nothing to worry or freak out about," I said.

"Yeah... but it's your bra," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Youre unbelievable. Just, can I change in privacy, please?" I asked. He stood and nodded.

"Let me know if you need any help," he winked at me, and I grabbed his arm as he went to leave. He turned, and I just stared at him.

"Kate-"

"Shut up. You're ruining it."

"Ruining what..?" He asked, looking down at me. I smiled and pushed him away from me.

"Jackass," I said. He grinned and stepped back in front of me.

"Oh come on, Katie. I'm not that bad," he said. I nodded.

"You're really that bad," I said, laughing slightly with a nod. He shrugged.

"Get dressed. I'll be downstairs," he said softly. I nodded and let him go, and I changed into some clean clothes. I met him downstairs, writing in his notebook.

"Hey," I said. He looked up and snapped his notebook shut.

"Hey. You ready?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Ready for what?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"For me to take you home, silly," he said.

"Yeah. Actually I am," I said, shouldering my bag. John nodded and stood up, setting his notebook down on the table. I followed him out to his car, and he unlocked it, allowing me to get in.

He drove me home, and we both got out of the car. He walked me up to the door, and I pushed it open, him following me inside. I set my things down by the door, and John closed it.

"Where were you!?" My dad asked as he rounded the corner.

"At John's," I muttered.

"Why didn't you just leave out the front door?" He asked. I sighed.

"Because," I said as Drew walked into the room. He smiled and winked at me from behind my dad, and I stared at him in disgust.

"Because of that," John said. My dad turned around and looked at Drew.

"What's wrong with Drew?" he asked. I looked at John.

"Because he creeps me out. He was sitting at my door yesterday continuously knocking on it and saying creepy, disgusting things to me. I don't feel safe around him," I said, looking at my dad. John pulled me close against him, and I wrapped an arm around his waist.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.

"Drew!? Come in here a minute!" My dad called. Drew emerged from around the corner, and he approached. He stood right next to me, and I pushed John so I could get away from him. John made it so I was on his other side standing next to my dad.

"She's telling me you creep on her. This true?" My dad asked.

"No, sir. If it's a problem that she believes is true, I can stop, but I don't think I'm doing anything," Drew said. I looked at him incredulously. Was he serious?

"Okay. Kate, if I hear it one more time, you're getting grounded. This is ridiculous," my dad said, and he left. Drew grinned at me, and he approached. He placed his hand really low on my waist, and I froze, and John pulled me away from him.

"Dude! Back the fuck up!" John said angrily. Drew shrugged.

"Whatever, ma . She ain't your girlfriend, so.." He trailed off.

"She isn't yours either. Leave her alone," John said. Drew walked away, and I stood there as he pulled me close.

"It's alright. Just keep away from him as much as you can," John said. I nodded and let him leave, and I headed upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, Drew really is a fucking creep. Huh.

Any way. Thanks to my only subscriber so far. You're hella rad. :)