Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

7

Drew and the twins were staying with me and Kyle Christmas week. I avoided Drew at all costs, but as soon as my dad got back, I was going to tell him what Drew did. No matter the consequences.

John came over Christmas morning bearing two gifts. He told me one was for Kyle, the other for me. I gave him a hug the second his arms were free, and I thanked him for coming.

Since all of our furniture had been shipped to our new house already, we had to sit on the floor, but I didn't mind. All I needed was John's presence.

"Here. I want you to open yours first, Kyle," John said, handing Kyle the present he hit him. Kyle smiled and ripped the paper off, opening the box inside. Kyle pulled out a couple video games, and he thanked John.

"It's no problem, little man. Enjoy those," he said, and I spotted Drew glaring at me from across the room with Garrett and Penelope. I rolled my eyes at him as John handed me my gift. I eyed him before opening it, and I opened the box, moving the tissue paper out of the way. I pulled out a framed photo of John and I kissing at the wedding, and I stared at him.

"You said you couldn't tell me what my gift was," I said in disbelief. John laughed.

"That's because I hadn't gotten you one yet. I planned it. Your dad took the picture for me, and I had it transferred onto photo paper. And I bought a frame," he said. I looked down at the picture, and then back at John, and I wasted no time in kissing him deeply. I dropped the photo on my lap and laced my fingers behind his neck, pulling him down closer to me. John pulled back and smiled at me.

"Just promise me you won't forget about me," he said. I shook my head.

"Never," I said, and we sealed the deal with a kiss.

~~

John followed us to the airport at about one o'clock in the morning that Saturday morning in a cab. He had to leave today as well, but not until a little later, so he'd be staying and waiting for his bandmates after we left. I didn't want to get to the goodbye. I wanted to stay and never leave John, but I had to. I'd packed the photograph in my suitcase, just so it would be safe there.

Our flight was scheduled for one thirty, so when we got to the airport, we only had about twenty minutes for goodbyes. John ran in after us, his suitcase rolling behind him as he tried to catch up. I stood with my dad and Kyle in front of our gate while Jennifer made sure her kids were prepared for the flight to California. John approached me and he let go of his suitcase, crushing me in a hug as I released my own suitcase to wrap my arms around his neck. He lifted me off the ground and squeezed me, setting me back down on my feet.

"Fuck," John whispered, his voice cracking. I sniffled into his shirt, squeezing my eyes shut tightly. He pulled back, looking at me with tear filled eyes. He smiled at me, emitting a small laugh as he wiped his tears away.

"I'm really going to miss you, Katie," he said.

"I'm gonna miss you too," I muttered, pulling him closer by his jacket. We stayed in our embrace until my dad told me it was time to go, and he handed me my ticket. I put it in my jacket pocket, curling my fingers around it.

"I love you, John," I said, "you are literally the best person I've ever met." John smiled, and he responded by pressing a long kiss to my lips. Once his lips left mine, I pulled him back by his jacket, and I kissed him once more.

"Just remember to text me your address. You'll be receiving something soon," he said. I nodded.

"And don't forget that I love you too, Katie. You're my best friend," John said.

"Katelynn!" I wiped my tears away, not wanting to leave him. I spotted his hand members approaching, and they smiled at me.

"Your band is here. I've really gotta go, John," I said. He nodded, pressing his forehead against mine, giving me a soft peck on the lips, and he let me go. I picked up my suitcase, and I walked over to my dad, and I handed the girl my ticket. I looked back before entering the terminal, and I saw John with his hands on his head and his band members comforting him. I choked back a sob as my dad and I entered the terminal, and I couldn't see John anymore. I wiped under my eyes again as I found my seat, and I buckled myself in. I stuffed my face in my jacket sleeves, and I silently cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
A sad one. Haha made me tear up, actually. Probably the last update for tonight. Who knows?