‹ Prequel: Bulletproof Love

You're the One Who Shot Me

You're The One Who Shot Me

"Kellin," he breathed huskily. I shivered. I look up at him in fear.

He takes a step closer and I step back. I bite my lip as I start remembering where I used to do this. Vic. The man I was suppose to marry before I was kidnapped. We used to do this all the time when I was afraid of him. Before I fell in love with him. My eyes fill with tears as I remember my fiancé.

I'm brought back, though, as I see him stepping closer and I step back. I feel like crying when my back hits the wall. I was trapped. I wouldn't be able to escape.

I didn't want this.

He leans over me and I put my head down. But a soft hand snakes around under my chin and lifts my head, forcing me to stare into his hazel eyes. "You're so beautiful," he breathes, his breath fanning over my lips.

I shrink closer into the wall. But, he was a lot nicer and gentler than Vic ever was. No, Kellin, you're engaged! Stop!

I see him begin to lean in and I felt my eyes closing in anticipation. His lips touch mine gently and he moves his hand from my chin to cheek, cupping it. He leans his body closer and now our fronts were touching.

I wrap my arms around him and hoist myself up, him catching me. His tongue rubs against my bottom lip and I grant him access. I immediately moan out at the sensation. My hands move from his neck to his hair and I pull gently, causing him to moan before moving them down to his back and pulling at his shirt.

I wanted this.

His hands snake under my shirt and they begin tracing my torso and hips. I shiver against him and he smirks into the kiss. He lays me down on the bed, climbing over me. We continued making out, nothing in my mind.

But then he began pulling my shirt up and I froze.

"I can't do this." I whispered. He hadn't heard me and continued kissing my neck.

"Wait - stop. I can't - I can't do this." He pulls back immediately.

"What? What happened?"

"I just, I can't do this." I climb off the bed and walk as far away from him as possible.

"Kellin, what's wrong?"

"I'm engaged! I have three kids! My father! Friends! I can't throw that all away!"

He looks heartbroken. "Kellin, I love you." My eyes widen. No.

"No, no. No, you don't. You can't."

"Why not? Because you're engaged? You were about to have sex with me. Because you have kids? Kellin, who's to say I wouldn't love them? Your father? He can move here! Friends? I'd let you visit them! Kellin, I love you!"

"Stop! Stop saying that! You don't love me! You can't!"

"Why? Huh? Why, Kellin?"

Tears fall from my eyes. "Please stop."

"No, I won't stop. Kellin, I love you."

"Please stop saying that."

"Why?" I stay silent. "Because deep down, you know you love me, too? Right? And you won't admit it because of your fiancé. Kellin, I love you."

"If you love me, let me go."

He sighs. "It's because I love you that I can't."

He walks out of the room and I collapse to the ground in tears. I start sobbing into my knees. Why'd he have to go and make things so complicated? I was perfectly happy marrying Vic, but he had to intervene. Oh, Vic, I miss you.

I look down at my engagement and wedding ring. I never got to say, "I do." I would have said it so happily, so contently, so sure. But now, if you asked me again to go up there... I sigh. Now, I'm not so sure.