‹ Prequel: Bulletproof Love

You're the One Who Shot Me

Chapter Nine

Vic

"Dada?"

I turn away from the window to face Copeland, "Yeah?"

"Where Mama?"

My throat tightens. Kellin. He's still gone. Those fucking low lives still have him and who knows what they're doing to him. They could be torturing him, hurting him, raping him. My fists clench.

"Mama isn't home yet, baby."

"When, daddy?"

"Soon, Cope. Soon. I promise."

I pick her up and walk around the house until I'm out and walk around California. We decided to hide out here with Of Mice and the Sirens gang. I see Alan playing with his son while Austin watched cautiously while trying to focus on whatever one of his men was telling him.

Jaxin giggled causing Alan to smile and pick him up before setting him down and taking his hand as they begin to walk down the street. I see Jaxin run across the street onto the sidewalk and as I look back at Alan, I see him smiling at his son.

Looking on the other side of Alan, I see it. "Alan!"

I set Cope down and run towards him before tackling him to the ground and hearing the gun shoot. The people begin to panic and I see everyone was on the ground, trying to avoid getting hit. Austin had swooped in and grabbed Jaxin, taking him somewhere before running back outside to watch Alan.

"Alan," I say from above him. "What?"

"Do you know how to escape a gun?"

"My husband is a gang leader. Do you really think I don't know?"

The sass on that boy. "Okay, when I get off of you, I need you to start crawling, alright? Don't stand up until you've reached where Austin is." He nods and I roll off of him. I watch as he begins to crawl away and I crawl toward the shooter.

I look back once more to see Alan made it safely to Austin who held him close. They walk inside. I stand up and begin to follow the guy as I see him run off. I run quietly after him.

He stops after a while and takes out a phone. "Hey, Josh?" A pause. "Vic's boyfriend is not here. For a moment, I thought it was the ginger, but he's married to Of Mice's leader. Maybe Oli did get to him already."

Oli? Who was Oli? And who is Josh?

"I'm just saying, Boss. We had a clear picture and I haven't seen him anywhere, not since Bring Me said they would attack Pierce the Veil."

Another pause.

"Alright, Boss, I'll keep looking for Vic's boyfriend. But I honestly think Oli has him." My eyes widen and I feel my heart pulse faster. I turn back and see his back is towards me.

I take a deep breath and tackle the guy down. "Where is he?"

He squirms underneath me. "Get off!" I dig his face into the ground. "Tell me where Kellin is!"

I pick his head up enough for him to speak, "Who the fuck are you?"

"Vic," I whisper into his ear, "and I want my boyfriend back."

"We don't have him!"

"I heard you talking about him!"

"I swear, we don't have him!" I sigh in annoyance and grab his head. "You may not have him, but you planned on taking him and that still makes you guilty," I say, before snapping his neck and his body fell limp.

I grab his phone and dial the last person he talked to. It rings one. "Hello?"

"Josh, hi."

"What? Who is this? Where's Dan?"

"I want him back."

"Who? Who is this?"

"This is Vic."

A pause. Then a chuckle. "I assume it's safe to say you killed Dan?"

"You assume correctly. And I want my boyfriend back."

"Oh, but, Vic, we don't have him."

"I heard you talking about him."

"Yes, but we don't have him. Although, I think I know who does."