‹ Prequel: Bulletproof Love

You're the One Who Shot Me

Chapter One

"Mom!" I lifted my head off of Vic's chest.

"Yeah, Liam?" I had called from the living room where I was cuddled into my fiancé as we had watched some random Hispanic movie. Times like those were when I appreciated that Vic had taught me Spanish.

We had been engaged for a full year and I was twenty-four. We were finally getting married. We were going to fly to California, where he was born before moving to Mexico, and get married there. Vic also got fake documents for the boys and Copeland, speaking of whom was now almost two!

"Can I watch tv here?"

I had sent him a confused glance. "What's wrong with your tv?"

"Nothing. But Rowan's playing video games on it." I nod. "Yeah, go ahead." He had put on some action packed movie and I layed my head back down.

But after a while, I felt myself being picked up and Vic was carrying me out of the house. "Boys, we'll back later. Tell your grandpa to watch Cope when she wakes up."

"'Kay, dad!"

Vic continued carrying me out of the house. Everyone was already used to us, no one gave us a second glance. I noticed Vic was carrying me all the way to the pool house.

When we entered, I saw there were a few people in the pool, but no one in the hot tub. Vic carried me there. He sat me down on the edge before he sat down himself, pulling me closer to him. I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Are you excited?"

I smiled, "Of course." I lifted my head. "Are you?"

"More than anything."

"Friday?" I said.

"Friday."

"When do we leave for Cali?"

"Wednesday." Austin and Alan had prepared everything from the U.S. They always messaged us and asked for our opinions on certain things, but it was mostly going to be a surprise for us. And I was excited. I wanted to marry Vic. I wanted to be a Fuentes. I wanted to be with Vic for the rest of my life.

I loved him.

He grabbed my hand that had the engagement ring on it and kissed it. "I can't wait for you to finally be mine. I can't wait for you to be my husband."

He leaned in and pecked my forehead. "I can't wait either. I love you."

"I love you more." The next time, he had pecked my lips and pulled me onto his lap so that I was straddling him. "I can't wait for you to be Kellin Quinn Fuentes." I blushed, but responded, "I can't wait either."

We sat like that for a while before we had to leave and go back to the house. My dad was growing older and he couldn't always watch Cope. We walked back hand-in-hand, and I never wanted to let go.

When we had arrived, the boys had told me they were hungry, so I walked into the kitchen and began cooking. I never minded doing things for my children. I had called them into the dining room when I was done and served everyone a plate.

Vic had placed Cope in her high chair where I place her baby bowl on. She loved eating by herself and I loved seeing her so happy. Yes, she made messes, but they weren't always bad. Sometimes, all I needed to do was just change her clothes.

I took my seat beside Vic like always and ate with my family. We had eaten quietly and peacefully.

I knew the next few days would be hectic. What with rehearsing, family and friends, and flying to the United States for the first time in years. But I couldn't wait. I was finally getting my happily ever after.