‹ Prequel: Bulletproof Love

You're the One Who Shot Me

Chapter Two

"Okay, sweetie, hold my hand. Liam, hold your father's." They both did as told. Tony had carried Copeland in his arms while Mike was stuck carrying their two bags. We were at the airport and I was trying to make sure no one lost the other.

My dad was helping me carry my bag and we finally all started walking through the metal detecters. When we had finished everything we needed to, we all started boarding the plane. Cope sat with us, the boys with my dad, and Mike and Tony together. Jaime was already in America since he got together with Jesse.

I knew Jesse was my best man, while Alan and Tony were the others. And Mike was Vic's best man, Austin and Jaime being the others. I also knew I'd be wearing an all white suit, I haven't seen it. My dad would walk me down the isle.

I knew it'd be around a two to three hour flight. I buckle Cope in as Vic puts our bag in the compartment above us. We had her paƱalera with us for whenever she'd get hungry or tired, or she poops or pees.

I had the window seat while Vic sat in the isle seat and Cope sat in the middle. Liam, Rowan, and my dad sat behind him. Tony and Mike sat in front of me.

I stared out the window when someone tapped me. I hum in response, turning to face Vic. He pecks my forehead before speaking.

"If you want to sleep, you can. I'll watch Cope." I nod gratefully, before closing my eyes and letting myself drift off. I loved Vic with all my heart, he was understanding, caring, gentle. He was a great father, stern, but fun. He was honestly the best thing that had ever happened to me.

Then I slowly lose consciousness.

~~~

Vic

I watched him as he fell asleep and I couldn't help but smile. The boy was about to make me the happiest man alive, and he didn't even realize. He was the best thing that's ever been mine.

I see his breathing even out and I knew he was asleep. I could hear the boys behind me, and I knew they were watching movies. Their grandpa was reading a book as he leaned back in his chair. Looking forward, I see Tony leaning against Mike.

I turn back to Cope when she calls for me, "Dada?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"Juice," she cheers. I chuckle silently and look through the bag Kellin packed. I find it and hand it to her which she takes happily. The plane ride went like that for a while. I'd change her diaper later during the ride and the we'd land.

~~~

Kellin

Vic shakes me awake gently and tells me the plane has landed. I nod and unbuckle my seatbelt as everyone begins to get up. I grab Cope and carry her as we unboard the plane. We all walk inside and grab our bags as we try to find Austin and Alan.

I smile when I see Alan sitting on Austin's shoulders waving his hands in the air. I point them out to Vic who shakes his head and we walks towards them. When they see us walking towards them, Austin sets Alan down.

Alan runs towards me and attacks me in a hug. I chuckle and hug him back. "I've missed you."

"Me, too."

"Where's Jaxin?"

"He's still not all that used to strangers, so we decided it'd be safer to leave him at home with Tino and Phil, who he has finally learned to trust." I could hear the exhaustion in his voice, but I saw the happiness radiating as well. He really loved Jaxin.

"Are you excited?" I'm taking out of my thoughts when he asks me that question.

"Very."

He smiles, "Happy?"

"Very much so."

"Good, now come on, we've got to get you all settled. We already gave SWS their rooms. Jesse arrived yesterday from Michigan." I brighten up at Jesse's name.

I nod and we begin to pack the stuff in car, it was one of those huge white vans. Austin and Alan get in up front, then we all file in. The drive from the airport wasn't too long, around twenty minutes.

When we arrive, Alan speaks, "Okay! So, tomorrow, we have your wedding rehearsal, we made it as easy as possible. All you'll have to do is walk down the isle and the priest guy - he married Austin and I, by the way - will mostly guide you through it. You guys wrote your vows, right?" Vic and I nod.

"Great! The priest guy will tell you when to say them!" Vic and I nod again and I realize how easy Alan and Austin had made this. Our wedding would be flawless, and I just couldn't wait.

We arrive at the gang neighborhood and they park the van in front of the biggest house. "This is our home and also where you'll be staying for the next few days." I pick Cope up as the others begin to unload the van and take the bags inside.

"Pick any guest room you want. Unfortunately, we don't have a crib for Copeland."

"That's okay. She can sleep with us. Thank you for this, Alan, really."

He smiles. "You're welcome. Now come on, Jaxin can't stay away from us for too long before he cries. He thinks we abandon him." I frown. "Aw, poor baby."

"I know," but then the front door bursts open and out comes exactly the little person we were talkng about.

"Papa!" He stumbles towards Alan who picks him up when he wraps his small arms around Alan's legs.

"Hi, sweetie. Were you good for Tino and Phil?"

He nods excitedly. "Yes!"

"Good boy. Let's go find Daddy, yeah?"

"Yeah!"

Alan smiles at me once more, almost as if asking for permission, to which I nod, before leaving to find Austin. I walk inside, following the others with Cope still in my arms. "Let's go find a room, yeah, Coco?"

"Yes, mama." I smile before climbing the stairs. I set her down at the top and grab her hand as we walk around. She yanks a little on my hand causing me to look at her. "What is it, Cope?"

"Dis one!" She squeals. I look inside and see it was a light pink room. The carpet was white, the drawers were a dark wood shade, and the bed was big enough to fit four people. "This one?"

I jump when I hear a voice and turn to face Vic. "Yep, Copeland picked it, isn't that right, baby?" I smile down at her.

"Yesss!"

"Okay, I guess," Vic says smiling at her before placing our bags down on the bed.

"I hope you know, you guys are not sleeping together tomorrow night. It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding," Alan says, walking by the door and not stopping as he said it. Then he was gone.

"He's so weird." Vic says, a little shocked.

"Aww, come on, Alan's great! But, are we unpacking? Or just leaving the stuff in the bags?"

"I think we should just leave them in the bags. Makes it easier for us since we're just staying here a few days only."

I nod. Friday couldn't come soon enough.

~~~

Rehearsal went amazingly.

As I had walked down the isle with my dad, I was nervous I'd trip, but I didn't! My palms were sweaty, but my dad only laughed it off, telling me he was just as nervous when he was marrying my mom.

I wish she could have been here for this. She would have been so happy. She would have loved Vic. She'd smother the kids, but the kids would have adored her. She was such a sweet woman. She would have been that steretypical grandmother that gives you food, sweets, and money. The one who'd baby you. The one you can't help but love.

I missed her.

I knew my dad was trying and I was happy for that, but he was no mom.

After he'd give me off to Vic, we all turn to face the priest. Jesse was at my side and he was the first in a line of three, followed by Tony and Alan. The boys sat in the front row with Jaxin, my dad, and Tino and Phil. Rowan and Copeland had dropped the rose pedals as I walked and Liam would be the ring bearer.

Then at Vic's side, there stood Mike, then Jaime, then Austin. For now, Jaxin was in Alan's arms, but that's okay. I'd allow it at the actual wedding if Jaxin didn't want to be separated from him.

The priest would begin with his speech and for a while, we'd just listen before we say our vows, then the rings, then the "I do."

Our vows we said we'd say tomorrow so they're a surprise, but the rings and practice "I do," we did. Then the kiss and we're done. And I was so excited. I couldn't wait.

Alan did as promised and separated Vic and I. Cope stayed with my dad since we couldn't decide who she would stay with. I couldn't sleep. My stomach had butterlies, my excitement was there, and my nerves were all over the place. I had never been happier.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I hear a soft knock on my door before it opens. I sit up in bed and watch curiously. "Kellin?" A voice whispers.

"Vic? What are you doing here? Alan said this is bad luck." I could basically see him rolling his eyes.

"I don't believe in that. And I couldn't sleep."

I hum softly in understanding. "Me neither." I see his silhouette move before he's getting into bed with me. I turn to look at him before turning on the lap beside me.

When I turn back to face him, he begins stroking my cheek softly. "I am so in love with you, it's scary," he says softly, looking into my eyes. I smile softly before giving him a small peck on the lips. I open my eyes again, "I am so in love with you, it's amazing."

This time he smiles before he cups my cheek and pulls me in for a deep kiss. He slowly begins to climb over me and parts my legs down the middle. My body felt as if it was burning, just like it always did when we did this.

One of his hands goes under my shirt and I shiver at his touch. We were both already panting heavily and he disconnects his lips from mine and moves them to my neck. I gasp softly when he began sucking on the skin and my back arched a little off of the bed.

"Vic," I pant softly. "Should we be doing this?"

"If you don't want to, we can stop, but I just can't wait for tomorrow. I want you." I closed my eyes and nodded. I wanted him too.

He pulls back and removes my shirt before taking off his. I sit up and connect my lips to his before moving my hands down from his shoulders to his waist band. He got my message and pulls back to take off his underwear before pushing me softly onto the bed and climbing over me.

One of his hands began slowly pulling my underwear down. He glides them down my legs and throws them somewhere in the room. "Do you have lube," I pant in his ear only to feel him nod. He gets up and goes to my bag, pulling out a bottle.

I lay flustered on the bed and shiver lightly as I feel his skin touch mine. He spreads my legs apart before moving one of his hands from my thighs down. His fingers find my entrance and he pulls back to coat one in lube.

He pushes it inside of me slowly and I wince. Vic and I didn't go at it like bunnies, mostly because of me, so we didn't do this often. Vic always was understanding about all of it. And he never forced me into anything. Which is why one finger hurt.

But he adds the second and not long after, the third before he's pumping them in me. I stifle a moan.

He pulls them out before he's rubbing the lube onto himself and he lines himself up before he's slowly pushing in. Vic has always been and always will be an understanding lover in bed. He always went at my pace. That was something I will always love about him.

He moves slowly at first before he speeds up. I was shivering, sweating, and gasping mess underneath him. My arms wrap around his shoulders and my nails dig into his back as he hits the bundle of nerves inside of me that lets me sees stars dancing in front of my eyes.

Our night was full gasps and soft moans of pleasure. And I wake up knocking on my door. Vic had left sometime during the night so that we wouldn't be caught together or Alan would never let us live it down.

"Kellin, get up, it's time to begin getting ready."

I put on my underwear before going to open the door. "Okay. We leave to the studio in an hour to get you in your tux. Go shower!" Alan says as he begins pushing me into the bathroom. "The kids are coming with us by the way." I nod and strip out of my underwear before taking a quick shower. As I showered, I saw some of Vic's seed flow out.

I hurriedly dry off before walking out and find Alan left me a fresh pair of clothes on the bed. I change quickly before brushing my teeth and walking out of the room to Alan waiting for me with the kids, Jesse and Tony, and my dad.

We all walk out and pack into a van and Alan is driving off to the studio. He hurries us all out and we all rush into the store where the owner tells Alan he has all of our tuxes, and Cope's dress ready.

Other employees take us to different changing rooms where they hand me my white tux. I was careful not to wrinkle anything. It fit me perfectly. My shirt was black, but the tie was white, the coat, pants.

I walk out and see Cope ready with Alan and Jaxin in an adorable little red dress. Slowly, everyone steps out in their tuxes. Their shirts were red, like Cope's dress. I had to refrain from aweing at my kids, they all looked adorable.

The employees begin doing my hair and the others while I saw one curling Cope's thin hair. I was grateful she was gentle with my baby. She even helped Cope put on the white little flats.

When all that is done, Austin picks up everyone, but me, my dad, and Alan. "The wedding's in almost an hour, Kellin, we've been here most of the day. The limo is on it's way. We're going ahead to get in our positions." Alan had stayed because he was the only one who knew what was going on.

Austin leaves and around ten minutes later, the limo arrives. Alan tells them the venue address and we're off. Alan even arranged for someone to pick up the van so it wouldn't be left there. I was impressed.

We arrive at the building. "Okay, I'm going in now, when the music plays, as you know, the doors will open, and you will walk." We nodded and Alan enters through a back entrance. Around five minutes after he left, we hear the music, and just like Alan said, the doors opened.

It was time.

My dad begins walking me down the isle, everyone was smiling. Vic's family, friends. I see Cope and Rowan in front of me, dropping rose pedals. My eyes watered and I realized that it really was happening.

We reach Vic as the song finished and my dad handed me over. Vic had not stopped smiling and I saw tears prick at the corners of his eyes. I smiled.

Everyone sits and the priest begins. "Everyone, we are gathered here today to witness the binding of Kellin Quinn Bostwick and Victor Vincent Fuentes in holy matrimony. If anyone objects to this marriage, please speak now, or forever hold your peace."

No one spoke. Looking around, I saw some of the gang members standing by the walls, holding guns.

"Very well," and the priest continued on with his speech. I know it was rude of me, but I zoned him out. I feel Vic's thumb rub circles into my hand and I smile softly at him.

Then the brings up the vows. "Victor, you may start."

Vic took a deep breath, and nods, "Kellin, there are so many things that I could say, but I'm sure it would come out all wrong. From the day I met you, there has been a light in my life. I remember when I first saw you, you were so afraid, so hurt, so fragile. But magically, I saved you. And even if you don't realize it, you saved me.

I was such a cruel man, but you've helped me change. I've asked myself many times, 'How has such a bitter man become the man I am?' You helped me to see I'm better than I thought I was. Before I met you, I never believed in love. I never thought I'd fall in love. I never thought I'd be getting married.

I'm a gang leader, I never thought I'd have time for a family. But you proved me wrong. Right now, I feel complete. The way the light flashes in your eyes when you're with me. Every little thing you do makes me fall for you even more, and you don't realize. But that's also something I love about you.

I love how kind you are. I love how you put everyone else before you, you were willing to die for us. I love how your eyes light up when you're happy. I love everything about you, but I crumble completely when you cry.

Starting today, I'm going to get the chance to try to make myself worthy of you because everyone here knows, I don't deserve you."
I had tears falling down and he wiped them away. He smiled down at me and I smiled at him. And I knew. This was the man I would love for the rest of my life. The man who would love me. The best thing that's ever been mine.

"Kellin, your turn."

"Vic, I always thought there was no saving me. But you did. And somewhere along the way, we fell in love. And I regret nothing. I can't promise that things won't be broken, but I swear that I will never leave. I can't imagine being anywhere else but here.

Like you, I honestly never believed I'd end up getting married. Not because I wouldn't fall in love, but because I never thought anyone could fall in love with me. But miraculously, you did and I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

You've been patient with me in every aspect. You've cared for me. And you've never let me down. You love Liam, Rowan, and Cope, and they love you. I couldn't have asked for a better father. I've seen enough not to trust, but you've showed me that taking a chance isn't always bad.

You've saved me, cared for me, protected me. I love you, Vic. You're the first and last man I'll ever love because I don't see myself with anyone but you because no one could ever capture my heart like you did.

They say that love is forever, but your forever is all that I need. Vic, as long as you're here with me, I know I'll be okay."

I peek out from my eye-lashes and see people crying. Looking towards the priest, he was almost crying as well. "Good. Bring out the rings," he said, as he blinked rapidly.

Liam walks out with a silky red pillow with two rings on them. We each take a ring, and Vic slides the ring onto my finger as the priest speaks.

"Victor, do you take Kellin to be your lawful wedded husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish him friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"And, Kellin, do you take Victor to be your lawful wedded husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish him friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?"

"I - " and that's when all Hell broke loose.

The doors to the venue were blasted open and in came people with guns. They began shooting, everyone got down to the ground. I feel someone grab my hand and I squeeze his tightly. "Go find the kids, and hide. I love you."

"I love you." We begin crawling different ways. I saw some people on the ground, some dead, and I felt like crying. I see the kids with Austin and Alan rush into a closet and I breathe knowing their safe. Through my blurry eyes, I see everyone shooting and firing. My dad was crawling with others to the sidelines and hiding behind tables, but then I see him.

"Jesse."

I didn't care who shot me, I ran towards him. When I reach him, I see he had blood on his abdomen. "Jesse, no. Please no." The tears were rushing from my eyes and I couldn't hold them in.

"K-Kells, it'll be okay. I'll be fine."

"Ye-Yeah, you will. Hold on."

He was losing blood fast and I didn't know if he'd make it. And I didn't know who else died. I stayed with Jesse. Looking around, I saw so many dead bodies. How could this happen?

But suddenly I'm ripped away from him and I let out a blood curdling scream. I struggle against my captor, but I couldn't escape. "Kellin!" I turn my head to his voice, but my captor was already rushing us away.

"Vic!" The captor hooks something around his belt and we're being pulled up into a helicopter. Higher and higher off the ground. Vic begins shooting, but he missed us, and shot someone else. He throws the gun away when it runs out of bullets, taking out a new one, but I was already in the helicopter and we were flying off.

"Kellin!"

And then I couldn't hear him anymore.