‹ Prequel: Bulletproof Love

You're the One Who Shot Me

Chapter Four

Kellin

This wasn't happening.

I was just ripped away from the one man I loved. I was just ripped away from kids, from my father, from my friends. From Jesse. Oh, God, I wondered if he was okay. Please still be alive. Please tell me they saved you in time. Just... please.

I sit and I wait, feeling broken and hollow. I held my hands close to my face. I was in the helicopter they escaped to. They had tied my wrists together and pushed me into a corner. I didn't mind. I wanted to stay as far away as possible from them.

I hadn't stopped crying since my almost wedding. I couldn't stop crying. I didn't know what was going to happen to me. I didn't know what they were going to do to me. I was so scared.

I stayed huddled in the corner while trying to stop crying. I knew it annoyed some people - my uncle - and some people resulted to anger and violence when they were annoyed. I didn't want to risk that.

I whimper and flinch when I hear them speak. "Boss?" They were British. Who were they? "Yeah, Nichols?" I assumed that was boss. He had such a deep voice and ever prominent growl to his voice that caused me to shiver in fear.

"We've almost reached the bunker."

"Good. I'll call Jordan to prepare the jet."

Jet? Why did they need a jet? Where were we going? Were they taking me out of the country? Fuck. I felt more tears bubble up in my eyes. I lean my head against the wall and close my eyes, letting the tears fall.

"I'm gonna check on the prisoner." That was Boss's voice.

My eyes shoot open in fear. No, no, no, no, no. Please don't come here. I see a curtain pushed aside and there stood a beast of a man. I felt like crying more. I was going to die.

He begins walking closer and I scoot more into the wall, hoping it'd swallow me up. He stood in front of me and let my head drop. I couldn't look at him. He crouches down and I turn my head away. I clenched my eyes shut, hoping he'd go away.

I feel a hand touch my shoulder and I whimper, letting more tears fall. I scooted away from his hand. Why wouldn't he just go away? His hand moves from my shoulder to my chin and turns my head to face him. I flinched at his touch.

"Open your eyes."

I didn't want to obey. I didn't want to look at him. But I didn't know what he would do if I didn't. I didn't know what he was capable of. It was exactly the same as to when I met Vic. And I found out exactly what Vic was capable of.

I slowly open my eyes. And I hear his breath hitch. I avert my eyes. I was scared. That was never a good sign. "Look at me." I whimper, but do as he says. His grip on my chin loosens and I'm staring into hazel eyes through my tears.

"God, you're beautiful."

And that scared me. I wanted him to stop talking. I didn't want to hear about his temptation. I didn't want to hear about how he wanted me. How he thought I was beautiful because I knew what would happen if he thought that. I knew exactly what he would do to me. I didn't respond.

"Boss, we're about to land," breaks the silence.

"I'll be right there," he yells over his shoulder and I flinch. Then he turns to me, "Better hold onto something. It'll be a rough landing." And I didn't know if he was making fun of me or not, but I knew he was being serious.

The landing was rough, but I lived. I hear comotion up front where Boss and Nichols were, but I ignored it until the door beside me was opened and Boss pulled me out roughly by the arm. "Boss? I thought we weren't taking anyone?" A guy with dark brown hair and big blue eyes spoke.

He was a lot taller than I was, he was taller than Vic. He wasn't as tall as Austin, though. He was covered in tattoos, everywhere except his face. He had a strong jawline. His lips were set in a straight line.

"We weren't. But I couldn't resist how pretty he is."

I bite the inside of my cheek to keep from sobbing. I didn't know why I was so broken. I had healed. I had overcome the years of abuse I had to endure from my uncle. I overcame the pain Vic had caused me. I overcame everything.

But now, I was back at square one. It's as if everything I conquered didn't happen and I was back to being the boy who was scared of everything. It's how I felt. And it was because I was away from my rock, my savior, my love. Vic.

He was what was keeping me together. He helped me heal. He saved me. I loved him. He was the father of my children. The love of my life. The only man I have ever loved.

And this man just took me away from him. With no reason except that I was pretty. This man didn't let me get married to Vic, and I still don't know why to that. I didn't even know who they were. I assumed they were a gang, though, because they attacked us, Pierce the Veil.

But I was brought out of my thoughts when I feel someone press something to my face. I stuggle against whoever it is, but I slowly feel myself lose consciousness. My eyes felt heavy and I couldn't keep them open any longer. Everything went dark.

~~~

I sit up gasping. I place a hand on my chest, feeling my heart beat speed up. The cold sweat I had formed in my sleep made me wrinkle my nose. I needed a shower.

But then I remembered. I was kidnapped on the day of my wedding. I was separated from Vic and my kids. I didn't know where I was. I didn't know who took me. I might die. All that I know is gone.

The one thing I did know was I wanted to get home.

My head snaps towards the door when I hear it opening. There stood Boss. He had what looked like clothes in his hands.

"You can change out of that tux if you'd like. The clothes should be your size."

I stared at him curiously and fearfully before giving a small nod. I slowly climb out of the bed, steadying myself on one od the columns. Boss had rushed forward, but I stopped him when I stood up straight.

He hands me the close and I take them cautiously before looking at him. The air was tense and we just stared at each other. I was hoping he would have gotten the message, but he didn't move. "Um, can you - may you turn around?"

He looked surprised I spoke and nodded, doing as I asked. I place the clothes on the bed. I begin removing the tux and put on the clothes to find it was a tank top and a pair of sweats. He was right, they were my size. I fold my tux gently and lay it on the bed, smoothing it out.

"Come now, I'm going to give you a tour of the place."

This time it was my turn to be surprised. He was being nice to me. Come to think of it, it was also surprising I wasn't chained up. That's what Vic's men did when they took me.

When he leads me out of the room, I see there were two men on either side of the door. "That was your room, by the way," he spoke in his British accent. I nod. He gave me a curious look.

"You don't speak much, do you?"

I bit my lip. "I-I don't speak much to my captors," I mumble.

"You were about to marry one. Was he forcing you?"

"N-No. I fell in love with him."

He hums, "Well, I see why he fell for you. You're the prettiest thing I've ever seen." I felt my eyes water. Please stop saying that.

"Why?" Shit, why do I always do that?!

"Why don't you want me complimenting you," he asks softly, gently. I look up and meet his eyes. "My being pretty hasn't exactly given me an easy life. I've seen enough not to trust."

"I see. Well, if you're worried about me forcing you into something, I won't. Just looking at you, I can tell you've been through enough. I don't need to add to that."

I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. What do you say to that? My eyes flutter to meet his. I stared at him curiously. Who was this man? If he didn't want me for sex, what did he want? Why abduct me? Was he going to hurt me? But he met my gaze and I could tell, no, he wouldn't hurt me.

I settled for nodding at him and we continued on our way. "My bedroom is over there," he said pointing to the door at the end of the hall. Conviently, it was the only other door beside my new room. He leads me out another door which led to a hallway. "That's the east wing. No one is allowed in there unless stated by me that they can enter. And now you."

He leads me down the hall. He told what was behind each door, who's door it was. Then we're going down a flight of stairs. "This is the living room. Feel free to make yourself at home whenever you wish. The kitchen's in there. But we mostly eat out since not many guys can cook."

"I'll cook."

He turns to face me, shock evident on his features. "You will?" I nod. "I guess it's the least I can do since you're not hurting me."

"You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I don't mind it."

"Well, thank you, then. It's been a while since we've had a nice home-cooked meal."

He continues on. "Here's another bathroom. And more bedrooms."

"How many people are in your gang?" I ask, looking up at him. "Couple hundred," he shrugs, "we're not that big. We're new."

"And what's your gang's name?"

"Bring Me The Horizon."

I nod. I haven't heard of them. That means Vic's never heard of them, and who knows if he'll ever find me. That thought broke my heart. I'd never see my kids again. Stop, Kellin. You can't cry anymore.

I swallow, "And what's your name?"

"Oliver, but you can call me Oli. What's yours?"

"K-Kellin."

He hums, "What a unique name, like yourself. It's pretty." Is everything about me pretty?! "What's your full name?"

"Kellin Quinn Bostwick." Fuentes. Kellin Quinn Fuentes. "Yours?"

"Oliver Scott Sykes."

I nod before I realized something. "Where's the rest of your gang?"

"Knowing them, a stripper house. Or selling drugs." My eyes widen. Stripper house? Oli may not hurt me, but will they? I don't voice my thoughts and follow after Oli as he leads us back to the living room. "I guess it's time for rules." Of course.

"Uh, first one, no phone... yet. Um, rule two, no leaving the house... yet. Hmm, I think that's it. You can do pretty anything else. Watch tv, cook, swim, watch movies, clean, if you'd like. If you want to get on the internet, the laptop's are monitored. So, uh, yeah. That's it. Oh, uh, wait. My little brother likes to visit sometimes, so beware of him. He's a little hyper." And my jaw drops. That's it? No sex? No forced cleaning? I can do whatever I want?

"That's it?"

"Yep. Maybe I'll come up with more later, but for now, that's it. Say, uh, you don't have to if you don't want to, but about that cooking?" I nod.

"Okay. What would you like?"

"Anything, but I'm vegetarian." I nod and get up, finding my way to the kitchen. It wasn't too hard. I begin looking throught their cabinets and fridge. Looking through the fridge, I see they had meat substitutes.

I begin making whatever I could find for Oliver. I smile remembering Vic. Vic also preferred to shorten his name from Victor to Vic. They both also had six letters in their name and kept three.

When I finish, I serve the food. Finding plates wasn't too hard. The utensils were harder since I had to look through a lot of drawers. But I found a fork and placed the food on the table. "Uh, Oli? Food's ready!"

He walks in after I call him. He takes a seat where I set the food and I sit across from him. He takes the first bite and his eyes widen at me. "What's wrong," I ask, worriedly.

"Kellin, where'd you learn to cook like this?"

I shrug, trying to forget. There was no Vic here to help me to forget everything my uncle did to me. No Vic to soothe my aching heart. I felt my wounds start hurting as I remembered getting tortured.

The slashes on my back. The word cut into my chest. My aching ribs. They burned. But they had been healed long ago. The scars were present, but they didn't hurt. Until now. And no one could help me forget.

"Kellin?" Oliver asked worriedly.

"Yeah, sorry. Just lost in thought, I guess."

He seemed to buy it. "Okay. But can you answer the question now?"

"Yeah, I learned to cook from a young age. My uncle didn't know how to, so I had to teach myself." Not an entire lie. It was mostly true. Not all of it, but most. Which is why he bought it, because I wasn't lying entirely.

Oliver didn't need to know what would happen if I didn't cook for my uncle. Oliver didn't need to know why I had to teach myself. He didn't need to know anything. He was just another captor and that's what he'd always be.

"Oh. Your parents?"

Fuck.

"My mom died at a young age. And my dad had abandoned me after she died." He looked at me, a little surprised. But he didn't look sympathetic, he looked understanding.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, thank you for this, a home-cooked meal. It was delicious and it's been a while."

"You're welcome."

"Now, can I tell you a joke my friend told me?"

"Sure."

"How much does the polar bear weigh?" That sounded familiar. Where have I heard that?"

"I don't know. How much?"

"Enough to break the ice!" And I had to laugh at the sheer stupidness of the joke. "You can laugh!" We spent the rest of the day just talking. Not getting to know each other, just talking. And I realized something.

I felt at ease with Oliver.