Kendall

Stuck

It’s Friday finally: After last period, Logan decides to ask me if we could hang out, but I told him a certain “friend” of mine was visiting.

L: Would I know this friend?

Me: Uh no. They’re from a different school and yada, yada

L: So I can’t meet them?

Me: *I crack my neck annoyed* I mean, yeah sure you can…

L: *gives me a funny look*

Ari: *skips over to us* So what’s up for today?

L: Kendall’s having a little get together tonight, wanna join?

Ari: Yeah, I’m there *smiles*

Me: Well I wasn’t planning on—*I grit my teeth* Okay I guess I’ll have to warn—ha-ha I mean, tell my friend that you guys will be joining us

L: Yeah, cool man *pats my arm*

Ari: Friend?

L: His new friend

Ari: Would I know this new friend?

Me: You know, that friend I told you about—that friend *I widen my eyes at her*

Ari: *stares at me for a second* OOOOH…right! Of course

L: You know about this “friend” ?

Ari: Yeeeah maybe

Me: *I clap my hands once* OKAY! I guess I’ll see you both at 5pm then?

L: Sounds good to me

A: Yup!

Me: See you then! *I wave to them, then dash out of the school to text Tommy about our new plans*

At home, Tommy came over earlier so we could have some time alone before my friends came. We’re sitting on the couch watching “Extreme Makeover” on the T.V. He’s got his arm around me. It’s quite relaxing, despite hearing my brother tip-toeing around room to room. Luckily my mom went out with Rick, and Kevin already knows our whole situation, so we’re in the clear for now. But that still doesn’t calm my nervous for tonight.

Me: Okay, I’m officially freaking out

Tom: YOU? I have to pretend to be straight guy and not your boyfriend in front of your OWN friends! *shakes his head*

Me: And here I thought I was the only one with that problem *I sigh then give him a little look* Wait, did you call me your boyfriend?

Tom: That’s what…we are, right?

Me: I hope so *I smile at him*

Tom: *tickles my ear with his finger, playfully*

Me: *I smile* I’m sorry we have to do this tonight…I really don’t know how much longer I can keep this secret anymore, it’s so frustrating I just—
Tom: Hey *leans over & kisses me* We’re in this together, okay?
I smile & lean in for another kiss at the same time the doorbell rings. I jump away from Tommy & stand up quickly*

Tom: *sits up straight on the couch & gives me a worried look* Showtime

Me: *a return him my own worried look then leave the room to answer the door*

After a boring game of Gold-Fish & a couple hours later, we’re all sitting on the couch together & cracking jokes while the TV’s on in the background. They really do like Tommy; which is the least of my worries. Also for the past 20 minutes, in secret, Tommy’s been rubbing the back of my head & it’s the best.

Tom: *sits up from the couch* I’ma get some more chips from the kitchen, be back in a jiff *winks at me*

Me: Okee doke!

Logan: JIFF! *nudges my arm* Ha, I love this guy! He’s too cool

Me: I’m glad you think so, buddy *I smile & pat his shoulder*

Ariana: *rolls her eyes at me, then stands up & follows Tom to the kitchen* Hey

Tom: *looks up* Hello

Ari: *stretches her arms above her head* So, um, I might kind of know about your situation with Kendall…and all

Tom: *blinks a couple of times* Come again?

Ari: *lowers her voice into a whisper tone* I know he likes you, a lot. And you like him the same way, right? *helps Tom put more chips into the bowl*

Tom: *grins* I really do

Kevin: *leans against the kitchen wall* More than you like Australia? *he says in an Australian accent & laughs at his own joke*

Ari: KEVIN. This is private

Kev: *puts his hand on his chest with a shocked expression* You think I don’t know that?

Ari: You know nothing

Kev: *clever grin & uses an Australian accent* Au contraire, my dear, but I do

Tom: Please tell me you aren’t trying to speak Aussie and French at the same time?

Kev: *shrugs with a smug look*

Ari: *shakes her head & turns to Tom* What’s he talkin’ bout?

Tom: *sighs* He knows about me and Kenny

Ari: And how did this idiot find out about you two?

Kev: Hey, words hurt, Ar. Oh, and to answer your question; *whispers* I caught them macking by the front door like *pretends to make out with himself*

Ari: *shoves Kevin so he stops* Quit it

Tom: Yeah, take a hike, mate

Kev: Hey, I’m just sayin’ *waves his hands mockingly then walks away*

Ari: *rubs her temples* Does he have nothing better to do around here?

Tom: *smiles weakly at her* Come on; let’s get back to Ken and David *grabs his bowl of chips & her arm to walk into the TV room*

Less than a couple hours pass by and everything starts to wind down.

L: *high-fives Tom* Man that was fun. Hey we gotta do a guys night out or something

Tom: Oh well that just sounds like a blast and a half

L: *laughs & looks at me* He kills me, man

Ari: I need more girl friends

L: Hey, be nice, I’m your ride home

Ari: *says sarcastically* Lucky me! *hugs me, then Tommy* Bye guys; nice to meet you Tommy *gives him a secret smile*

Tom: Nice meeting you *grins back at her*

L: Later bro’s!

We wave at them until they drive off, & then Tommy closes my front door slowly & turns to me with a sly grin.

Tom: Come here ya dag

He steps forward to press his lips onto mine & grabs my waist. For a moment it gets intimate, & we take it over to the couch, but then car headlights flash through the window, interrupting us.

Me: *I sit up & whisper* Mom’s home

Tom: I guess that’s my cue

Me: Don’t leave yet! Maybe you could stay over…

Tom: I guess an innocent little sleepover wouldn’t hurt *winks at me & tickles my side*

Me: Stop that! *I laugh & swat his hands away*

My mom opens the front door then walks past the T.V. room where we are on the couch. She retraces her steps & smiles at us.

Mom: Hi boys

Me: OH, hello mother

Mom: Hi hon. Who’s your new friend?

Tom: *gives her a little wave* I’m Tom

Mom: Hello

Tom: Hi *smiles shyly*

Me: Hey, uh, mom, could Tom stay over?

Mom: Sure sweetie. Its Friday isn’t it? I need to wash up, but you two have fun *grins then walks away to put her coat away & goes upstairs*

Tom: *slaps my leg* Come on; show me what your room looks like!

Me: If you say so! Follow meee

Tom: Right behind ya