Kendall

Day by day

The next day…

In English class, Mr. Hayes decided to put us in partnerships & read aloud to make the “Romeo & Juliet” play more ‘fascinating’ for us—since we keep falling asleep in his class. Since Drew and I, are Romeo and…eh hem…Juliet, we were automatically paired up. I read my part aloud, then when it was Drew’s turn & he’d stumble over his words which I thought was really cute—which I’m actually not afraid to admit. After our turn’s over, Mr. Hayes tells us to re-read our parts individually with our partners, because we don’t “understand the importance of the text,” and yada, yada.

Drew: *peeks up at me & cracks a smile* Man is this bogus or what?

Me: Like you read my mind

Mr. Hayes: *walks by us & claps* We should be reading boys!

Me: *I jump up in my seat startled*

Drew: *rolls his eyes at our Teacher*

Me: *I grin at Drew* Hey, you wanna make this more fun and less awkward than it already is?

Drew: Please

Me: Okay. Let’s read our parts with different accents

Drew: Say what boy?

Me: It’ll be fun. Trust me *I move his book closer to his face* I’ll start *I use my best Russian accent & read my part* “Saints do not move, though grant for prayers sake!”

Drew: *cracks a smile* Duuude, what even!?

Me: I DON’T EVEN KNOW *I laugh at him & tap his book* You try

Drew: Alright *raises his eyebrows & reads one of his parts from the play with a Jersey accent* “Then move not white my prayer’s effect I take. Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged.” FIST PUMP!

Me: *I shake my head & laugh at him*

Drew: Yo, but trying to talk Shakespearian with that Jersey accent was super hard, not gonna die

Me: Oh I believe it!

We bust into laughter then Drew reads a part normally—when Mr. Hayes walks by eye-balling us— to make it look like we’re actually doing serious work.

Drew: *raises his fists in the air* “Sin from thy lips! Oh trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.”

Me: *I mildly flirt* You kiss by the book?

Drew: *laughs & slaps the side of my arm* Dude, you’re too funny

Me: *I smile nervously* I try *I grab my arm where he slapped it*

At one point during class I leave to go to the “bathroom” to meet Ariana in the corridor by the snack machine.

Me: And when he touched my arm…I felt something

A: *gives me a weird look* What did you feel?

Me: *I hit her arm a little* Sparks. I felt sparks. God Ar. Way to make it dirty

A: Pfft, hey, you’re the one who said it! *laughs then moves closer to my face* So…you really think you’re gay?

Me: I…I don’t want to put a label on me quite just yet. But I just know I’m trying to get more comfortable with these ‘feelings’ I’ve been having

A: *hugs me* Good for you Ken *pulls away from our hug & smiles* Well, gotta get back to class!

Me: Same!! See you at lunch! *I wave at her then speed walk back to class*