Kendall

Drop the girl

At the Valentine’s Day Carnival:

It’s beyond nuts here! People my age AND older are making out everywhere—even in the nasty latrines’! I’m not even going to get more into that; it’s just plain wrong. Also, it’s getting darker outside so now all the carnival lights are on for the rides. Speaking of rides, my damn head won’t stop spinning from my date. This girl doesn’t shut up or stop being so grabby all over on me. And we’ve been on the Ferris wheel for god only knows how many times. It’s gotten to the point where I’ve perfectly practiced tuning her out. I tell her I need to use the bathroom—hoping to maybe ditch her. Which I’m sure she’ll find another little “friend” sooner or later. So after our ride ends, I try to walk towards the bathrooms, but she grabs my collar and kisses me hard on the lips, then tries to give me some tongue action, but that’s where I draw the line. And it just SO didn’t feel right; for many reasons.

Me: *I pull away from her and raise my voice* ALRIGHTY THEN. Thanks for the send off *I speed walk away feeling relieved*

Alison: I’ll be at the cotton candy stand, ya cutie!

I give her an awkward wave & shuffle off. I shiver just thinking about that kiss. Talk about uncomfortable? How bout next time I try that with a guy? I’ll make that deal with myself and try not to be stuck in a situation like this ever again to the best of my ability. I look behind me to get one last glimpse of her, & then purposely get lost in the crowd of people so she couldn’t find me if she tried. I walk right past the gross latrines; like I would ever want to actually use one of those nasty things?! I shake my head at the thought. God, what a crappy Valentine’s Day. I mean, it’s not Drew’s fault for this date; it’s mine for going along with it in the first place. Ugh, I really hope he doesn’t find me…or worse…ALISON.