Status: Won't be updated ever again. No matter how much you want it.

Final Delivery

Subway Smiles

I was seated with the men of My Chemical Romance in the back of Subway. Both Bob and Ray were feasting on $5 foot longs. Frank was munching on some salt and vinegar chips since he wasn’t so hungry. Mikey was devouring down a six inch turkey club while chugging down orange soda. Gerard and I were splitting a buffalo chicken melt. It occurred to us both that we loved the sandwich and that got us talking. It was his treat for me. I swallowed a bite of sandwich and decided to start a conversation with the rest of the band.

“You guys have really healthy appetites,” I laughed looking at Bob and Ray. They looked up from their meals and nodded. It then occurred to me that I hadn’t done the interview. “Shit, I just remembered I have to interview you all! Let me just grab somethin’ I can write on.” I got up from the table we were sharing and pulled some napkins from another table. Returning to my seat across from Gerard, I pulled a pen out of my pocket. “Let’s get down to business!”

“Fire away Dahlia,” Frank said licking his lips and setting his bag of chips down. He leaned back in his seat letting a little bit of his stomach show as his shirt rode up. I could make out some of his tattoos.

“Since this will probably have to do with the photos I took I’ll start there,” I breathed in, “What inspired you all to go out in the world and make another album?”

Mikey raised his hand a little bit and began to speak, “Think about it, we’re five well respected dudes why not tell people the truth through music?”

“Good point,” I said writing down his reply. “What’s going to be new and fresh this time around?”

Ray looked up. “Well, we’re going to be much more raw this album,” he said.

“Yeah, it’s going to be a kick in the face Jersey style,” Frank interjected punching his fist in the air.

Gerard chuckled, “It’s exactly how Frankie put it. We’re going to be so badass on this album!”

“Yeah, first we’ll hit up Disney and bring the corruption,” Frank giggled.

I diligently wrote down what they said. “So how are all you’re lives so far?”

Bob smiled and I immediately looked to him. “Dixie and I have been working on our Halo skills while drinking all the Red Bull we possibly can,” he spoke. I found it quite odd that his dog would drink Red Bull but I shrugged the idea away.

“Jim-Jam and I have been the happiest of couples and taking care of our doggies. It’s almost like having kids,” Frank said in a sing song tone of voice. He began to hum Happy Together while drumming his fingers on the table.

Mikey nodded, “Most definitely agreed right there, but Licia and I are raising a teenager with Edgar around. He’s like a horse, but he’s a dog.”

I kept writing down their responses with haste. I had no time to waste with this since it was getting later into the night. “What about you Ray?”

He took a sip of his soda and swallowed. “I’ve been kickin’ it old school with Christa and Bauer. It’s cereal every morning and then video games. My ‘fro’s been deflating though…” Bob patted Ray on the back in sympathy.

I looked up to Gerard who was pulling on a piece of cheese from his sandwich. I smiled, “How about you Gerard?”

He looked over to me and gave me a sad smile. “I’ve been pretty much home alone living the single life and workin’ on my comic. I also really need to clean…”

Mikey gave his brother a one armed hug and whispered something in Gerard’s ear. Gerard smiled slyly and punched Mikey lightly on the shoulder. I kept writing on the napkins.

Looking up a few minutes later, Gerard’s eyes locked onto mine. He gave me a full teeth showing smile. I loved Gerard’s smile. It made him look so adorable in my opinion. His lips may have been slightly thin, but they complimented his face.

I dotted my last line on the napkin I was writing on. I took them all folding them carefully and placing them in a safe spot in my camera bag. I stood up from the table and said my goodbyes to the guys. In unison they said their goodbye and I then began walking to the front door of Subway. I heard the scrapping of a chair in the distance.

“I’ll walk you to your car,” Gerard said falling into stride with me. Wolf whistles and a ‘Go get her Gee,’ were sounding off from behind us. Gerard blushed furiously and muttered something under his breath. He opened the swing door and held it open for me. I nodded in thanks. Gerard soon caught up with me again and walked beside me closely.

It was dark out and cars were whizzing by on Broad Street. The trees in Military Park were lit up with white Christmas lights. The large PSE&G fountain was still running. The sound of the water kept blocking out my thoughts.

We made to my rickety old hunk of junk car. Gerard had his hands deep in his pockets. His brow was furrowed as if he were deep in thought. I kept my eyes on his face. It was flawless.

He looked up and shook his head. “Um, Dahlia?” Gerard asked putting his arm behind his head sheepishly.

“Yes?”

“Um…Doyouthinkyouwouldwanttogooutwithme?”

I looked at him confused. “Wait, what?”

He inhaled deeply and asked me again. “Do you think you would want to go out with me?”

I was stunned at his question. Standing still I let his words sink into me. Gerard looked at me nervously awaiting my reply.

“I would love to,” I answered.

We swapped numbers and Gerard said he would call me. I was just about to open the car door when I leaned up and kissed Gerard on the cheek. Crimson faced, Gerard beamed. He stood on the sidewalk as I got in my car and drove off back to the city. In my rearview mirror I could see he was waving so I honked the horn.