‹ Prequel: The Chair
Sequel: Gothic Girl

Velvet Touch

1. Let Fantasy Become Reality

He had been with her for three years when she finally met her end. They were very close, Aleksi and Melynda, one was rarely seen without the other for that time. Melynda kept her promise and taught Aleksi everything she knew. She taught him how to hunt without being noticed, how to move around without people recognizing that you’ve been the same age for ten years, how to feed without taking a life, or when to stop even if he was taking that life. She gave him an arsenal of important knowledge, but she was still young herself and the world was not kind to vampires in this day and age.

Not only were Aleksi and Melynda so much in love, they were reckless because of it. They were immortal, which they pretended meant they were invincible, even though they knew better. They loved their current state of un-life. They traveled the world, taking in all different scenes and tasting all different types of people. They often brought club folk home for some fun before their feeding. They were on top of the world, and as such, they attracted unwanted attention.

~*~*~


”ALEKSI, RUN!” Melynda screeched, noticing their followers before he did. There were three of them, all with wooden stakes or cross-bows equipped with wooden pointed bolts. She was surrounded already, but he still had a chance to escape.

By the time he noticed what was happening it was too late. He was gazing directly into her eyes when the bolt came shooting out of her heart from behind. The last thing he saw before she turned into a pile of ashes was her eyes pleading him to get out. He just couldn’t let that happen though, he was angry, and heartbroken; as much as a heart that doesn’t beat can break. He let the hatred and anger he felt fuel him as he took in their locations. He snarled at them and before they could let one shot off, he managed to move so quickly that he had slit two of their throats and had the crossbow held by the one who’d shot Melynda, pointed under his chin.

“Please, no!” The man begged him, realizing his situation.

“You didn’t give her that option.” Aleksi said in a voice as cold as the blood running coursing through his veins, and he pulled the trigger. A strong bolt shot up through the soft flesh of the man’s chin, and went straight through his head, before stopping with the tip jutting out the top of his skull. He was dead within an instant and slumped to the ground.

Aleksi was hollow. He let a single dark tear roll down his face as it began to rain. He walked over to the pile of ash that was once his lover, stooped down beside it and pulled a small pouch from his pocket. He scooped up a handful of her ash and poured them into the previously empty leather coin purse, and whispered, “I’d never leave you.” He put the pouch in his pocket and stood and left the dark alleyway that had just become one of his least favorite places on Earth.

~*~*~


After that night he left Paris, with no plans of ever returning. He became the dreamy bad-boy vampire from all the stories, picking up women in every bar he came across, seducing them, spending the night fucking them in hopes it might make him feel the way she had once more, and every time, as it failed, he fed on them. He always drained them to the point of death and left them to die. He did this for months, hopping from state-to-state in the U.S. and from country to country in the Americas, and never once did any of the girls ever make him feel anything more than misery.

After leaving the latest girl in Chile, he felt particularly hateful. He went back to his hideout, and lay in his coffin as the sun was about to rise, when he pulled the pouch of ashes from his pocket once more. “Why did you give me this horrible existence?” He asked it, stroking the leather under his thumb. “I wish you would have just let me die that night. That would have been better than this.” Black tears streaked his cheeks as he fell into a deep sleep.

”Aleksi.” Her enchanting voice called from afar.
“Mel?” He searched for her desperately.
“Aleski…” She was suddenly before him, beautiful as ever with her red hair in perfect curls framing her glowing porcelain skin. Her vibrant green eyes bore into him. “Don’t do it.”
He didn’t know what she meant until he felt the rope tighten around his neck and noticed his feet dangling high up off the floor. He tried to speak but he couldn’t. His eyes pleaded with hers to make it stop.
Then he was lying on the floor, his head in her lap. She sliced her arm open and held her arm over his mouth and whispered to him, “Just one drop.” The blood splashed down on his lips, “Eternity is yours my sweet, don’t waste it.”


Aleksi woke with a start, banging his head into the closed door of his casket. “Fuck.” He relaxed back, placing a hand over his head. He didn’t actually feel pain anymore, it was just the fact that he smacked his head that caused him to curse. He hated feeling clumsy, and although he can’t be blamed for actions in his sleep, this made him feel so. He let out an airless sigh, as he didn’t breathe anymore, his lungs didn’t really have the air that would have allowed for a normal sigh. He had been having these dreams a lot lately. He did feel like he was wasting this gift that Mel gave him, but he couldn’t help it. The world without her was not a place he enjoyed being a part of. He looked to the pocket-watch he kept on his person to see how much longer he needed to stay in the coffin for, and was pleased to find it was just past sunset already.

Stretching his stiff bones he pushed open the lid, and climbed out. It was time to move again, he was thinking he’d try somewhere other than the Americas for a while, and needed to make arrangements for a flight back to Europe. Germany, maybe Finland, he thought, perhaps even England would do him some good for a while. He was trying to keep on existing for her, but he was finding it harder and harder every day. In death as he was in life, he loved deeply, and needed that companionship to survive, he was just afraid he would never again find it.

~*~*~


After making his arrangements for going to England he figured he’d give one more girl a chance before he left Chile. He found a beautiful woman in the local industrial bar in town. Her thick curly brown hair perfectly accentuated her dark lined eyes, and red painted lips. The black leather she wore hugged her in all the right places and Aleksi knew she would be his for that night.

He didn’t feel anything particularly special when they kissed once they were back at her place, but he wasn’t going to let that be the determining factor. He kissed her neck and moved down to her leather bustier, untying it to free her supple brown breasts. He kissed the nipple, bringing it to attention as he sent one of his hands up her leather skirt to find that she wasn’t wearing underwear, and was already wet with anticipation. Already sure she wasn’t going to be it for him, he ripped the skirt off, and freed himself from his own pants. As he fucked her, hard and without any care for her needs, he bit down on her neck and drained her of the blood he needed to survive. He finished as she drifted to the point of death and then he left her alone to die as he headed back out in the world, ready to see London again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so, another little glimpse at Aleksi's story. Hopefully I'm doing alright at making these "One-shots" I've never been the best at writing them, but I think they're coming off that way alright....Next part of the story/one-shot will be coming soon! :) Thanks for reading!