Status: This is just my first chapter, and I want to get people's opinions on it. What should be better? What do you like or don't like?

Never Lost

Elle Hurst is not much of a people person. She would much rather spend her time with her homeless friend, Gin, or binge watching Netflix at home with a bottle of fruity alcoholic beverage. Ever since her mother’s death, she hasn’t been the same. Elle and her sister are complete opposites: Reece is about to take their grandmother’s position as Director of Chrome Pharmaceuticals; Elle lives off the inheritance that her mother left her.
After an attack at Reece’s promotion, Elle is infected with Ehmal. It is a deadly virus that turns its hosts into Defects (killer, mutated monsters). During the attack, Reece is kidnapped as a hostage. The only way to get her back is to give up a powerful Defect, Kris. Joshua Chrome, Elle’s old flame and CEO of Chrome Pharmaceuticals, has her kept in an induced coma by having her body stay in a low temperature. If she were to be awakened, the Ehmal would complete the transformation. There is no limit to the destruction that she could cause.
Elle can astral project, and she meets Kris in the Astral Plain. They bond together reluctantly. Elle needs Kris’s help to control her developing powers, and to also locate the serum her mother had created ten years ago. In return, Elle must heal Kris and set her free. Many people are against this, but Kris’s comrades are dying for their leader to be back.
During all this, Elle and Josh begin to gravitate toward each other again. Elle tries to ignore it, but there is something undeniable between them. They haven’t seen each other since Elle left him because of his job. Elle wants nothing to do with the man who got her sister involved in the company. As they grow closer, Elle learns that Josh isn't the same man she grew to care for. Soon, she learns Chrome Pharmaceuticals is not what it appears to be.