Sequel: Going to Hell

Devil's Backbone

Chapter Ten

OK here is mine....thought it's time we bring Cas In :)

Sam stood in the threshold of the living room, a bowl of meaty broth wafting up around his face. Aria was sitting up on the couch, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders and she looked like she was on death's door. From what Sam could piece together, it all started when she touched the amulet in the box.

Kurio had come into the living room, holding a black box in her hands. Aria had been livid about her touching what belonged to Arias grandmother. When she took the box from Kurio, flipped it open and took it out of the box, Aria froze. Her body began to shake as her skin began to pulse an orange color, the room filling with Arias screams.

“OK, so I got the best cure all aliments chicken sink stew. Something my father would make when Dean or I was sick.”

Sam remembered how sick he had been when he went through the trials, but this was something totally different. Him and Dean weren't sure what they were dealing with, if she was poisoned or cursed.

It had been a week since Kurio disappeared and Dean spent every waking minute trying to track her down and help Aria. Sam spent every moment he was awake, tending to Aria, making sure she was comfortable. The prayed for Cas, but he still was not answering and they were running out of options.

Aria lifted her head to see Sam walk into the living room holding a bowl of something that smelled like meaty broth. “Thanks.” She smiled weakly at him as he sat down next to her, placing the bowl on the coffee table.

She was trying to put on a brave face, to not make Sam worry. She hated the way she caught him looking at her, with those hazel dog puppy eyes of his, those pout lips and dimples.

Sam turned his head to see Aria was struggling to sit up right, her body was trembling, her eyes, red, puffy and lined with dark circles. No, she was not looking so good. “Dean's, uh, trying to find a friend of ours that will help you.'

Aria tucked a piece of red hair behind her ear, letting Sam see how pale she truly was. “Sam, are we confined here? I mean, am I able to get outside. I smell pine trees and I'm dying to have some fresh air.”

Sam scrunched his forehead and looked at her. “Are...are you able to?”

Aria nodded as she slowly stood up from the couch, her knees buckled underneath her and she felt Sam's hands slid around her waist, preventing her from falling. She tipped forward and fell into Sam's chest, feeling the muscles rippling underneath her body. God she forgot how built this man was. His hair might be a little longer, but he was still the same man.

“I gotcha,” Sam smiled as he slid his hands underneath her legs and lifted her up into his arms. He was shocked at how light and frail she felt.

He carried her out onto the porch where a swing sat in the corner. It was dusty from lack of use, but that didn't matter to either of them. He placed her where she was sitting sideways in his lap, her head pressed into his chest. She closed her eyes as she felt the warmth of the sunlight energize her.

Sam heard a creak of the boards and turned his head to see Dean, his cell phone placed to his ear. The elder hunter glanced at his brother, seeing the way he held Aria. “UH...got a location on Cas. He's not able to zap here, so we have to drive her to him. She up for the trip?”

Sam looked down at her slack face as he stood up from the porch. 'We have no choice Dean. This is our last ditch effort.”